High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this is my fish tank setup

7GH58IY.jpg

So much calcium? The dead coral.

4pxCSO

Master Member
Reaction score
Put a bit of rice (raw type, uncook), to absorb the moisture. If you got a small bag with potable holes(those for cooking soup), can house the rice and put inside the fish food bag.

Baby food will stick together over time due to moisture.

Thanks for the advice...
If the food sticks together, I can take some aquarium water, mix it in a small cup then pour right?

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i buy gravel from the fish shop, is there anything wrong with it?

Dead coral possibly 1 handful is enough to maintain the tank. It is mainly used for Marine fish. You never suspect why the tank becomes whitish? :o

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice...
If the food sticks together, I can take some aquarium water, mix it in a small cup then pour right?

Find a small bottle ba. You can use it to add fish tank water, put the food in, cap it up then shake. It will be easier to introduce the baby food.

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this is my other tank setup, my redcap goldfish died few days ago, before that it will always sit at bottom of tank for few weeks and sometimes will move sometimes will not

RdWWwS9.jpg

F99lxKB.jpg

rcXcLpJ.jpg

I can't tell the filter. Your fish dictates you need a good filter to maintain the water. Are you using a hang type filter on top?

Only thing you need to monitor is water temperature. They are quite tolerance to PH.

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i using a sump filter with wool, sponge, ceramic ring and bio balls inside

the tank is total 120 litres and the water pump is rated 920l/h

why the dead goldfish stomach there swollen and become brown/black? it wasnt like this 2 mths ago

Okay, you look at my 2ft angel fish tank, the whitish powder comes from the coral at the bottom.

Now ceramic ring and bio balls, you not cultivating bacteria then I don't know what will grow there. Filter with bacteria cultivation you don't actually go wash them. Only the filter needs to wash, the sludge is the bacteria colony so we don't touch it after cultivation. In your case, will be only the wool needs washing.

Now putting too much coral, thus the whitish condition. You can keep the rest of the coral after drying on newspaper. In future, still can use. If you want soil, can use the GEX green color pack. Minimum 1 inch and above. Without depth, plants cannot root, they float after planting. Normal planted tanks, we go for 2-3 inches thick of soil.

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why the dead goldfish stomach there swollen and become brown/black? it wasnt like this 2 mths ago

Goldfish die for a lot of reasons. If the goldfish is female, menstruate but eggs cannot come out they die. If due to bacteria infection, they die. If due to temperature fluctuation, they die also.

Goldfish is a more "motion production house", water needs to be tip top.

I used to keep goldfish too, I put a heater set to 27-28C to maintain the temperature of the tank.

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but i everyday use test kit the ammonia nitrite always 0 and the nitrates less than 10ppm

i also monitor the ph and temp and its stable

But you don't know male or female right? Secondly, were you feeding too much or not, cannot remember also right?

Goldfish are greedy fish. Eat too much also got problem...=:p

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I really forgot what is the name of the fish.

When creating the tank, many hidden areas in between plants were created to give the fish some "safety zone". Places for them to hide if they feel threatened.

Male left, female right.
b5Mz5zT.jpg

He swim fast. As such the pict blur.
m8IAi2p.jpg

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
25% water fill, one week. You can add boil water daily, make sure you cool off. One week later can start planting. Following two weeks, slowly increase the water. Once over 50% you can intro bacteria. Three weeks later if the plants are healthy and growing nicely, you can start adding fish.

I recommend you pair up with oto. Oto are sensitive fish, if water parameter is out, they die. Those bottles below....try not to use them that frequently. Tank is too small. Small tank very little water parameter tolerance, little bit they go out easily.

You plan to add seachem stuffs?

Soil is okay.

Hi bro i planning to use those bottles of API products i bought on impulse, Stress Coat, Quick Start and Stress Zymes. I totally forgot about Seachem products when i was at C328 last week. If dun use sibei sayang.. waste $$

Archnemo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought 10 platinum rummynose yesterday and this morning 1 of them looked not well.
>> Seems like having difficulty to swim fluidly and whole body color is off.. more like cloud white colour. It also has difficulty to keep position at a static spot - tend to float to the surface where it will then swim abit to go lower. This get repeated frequently.

Haiz... Dunno if I injured it when catching it or the trip home. The rest of the 9 join in the school of existing 10 normal rummynose easily

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha actually many years ago when i rearing african cichlids in 3 ft tank. Always bought my stuff from C328 aunty/uncle and also Polyart. 8 years nv go back so many new shops pop up such as Arowana Ave and LFS. But i must say, Koji from LFS is also very knowledgable. He advised me on the tank, soil to buy. Also recommended me which products to use. But didnt buy more cuz already got API stuff.

Just curious, C328 the uncle no longer working? Now got a few new faces..

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi bro i planning to use those bottles of API products i bought on impulse, Stress Coat, Quick Start and Stress Zymes. I totally forgot about Seachem products when i was at C328 last week. If dun use sibei sayang.. waste $$

Give me not sayang laio...:p

Btw buy seachem at Aunty wil get some discow one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.