[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bak Chor Mee,

Bacter Crystal and Bacter 100 can be added together.

PUPMRUa.jpg

The background is fake.

The tank can be laid with soil first, add water then wait for it to cycle. Because filter may not start on it's own, have other filter as backup standby. Some filter like HOF needs a certain water level before it can start up. Others need to add water to start it off, although running at slower pace.

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Honestly for beginner , it really pays to use the tried and tested ada .
Follow the steps u will never go wrong . The lure is always buy here and there but the issue will always come when u are a green horn. Cos the parameters are not easy to track down when u using so many various products with varying factors.

Bleed once got confident using ada then slowly learn and adapt . You can see many Carousell quitters sell equiptment cos got to adventurous and fail planting . Co2 and chiller not must have but it really ups the success rate .

Sadly I forgot to take pictures of my decommed 3,1,1, planted. Manage to sell 10+ takeaway boxes of DHG and 2 inch thick Monte Carlo .

Ada? Is it the very expensive one ? White bottles? Saw on carousel 100+

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I didn't but basically the tanks runs on low wattage and low amperage stuffs, you can check your own equipment. Apart from large eheim which might consume more, unless you are powering a fridge(chiller) there for cooling, else running cost in terms of electricity should be minimum.

i currently use this

s-l225.jpg

Model:CP-201
Voltage:5V
Power:1.5W
Max Pressre:0.012Mpa
Output:5L

connect to my panel, it doesnt really save money but i just love to have one as backup in case of power outage

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i currently use this

connect to my panel, it doesnt really save money but i just love to have one as backup in case of power outage

Okay.....I don't recognise this but it runs on adapter, meaning if it is able to connect to a USB portable battery, you can power this up.

I think you can research on tb search with "锂电池", it would be rechargeable type instead of adapter base. You already mention power outage so it can only be battery operated.

Note that official forwarders cannot bring in aquarium items, you need 3rd party.

If I have your CP-201 definitely it will go into modifications...lol...ha ha...DIY

Last edited:

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Okay.....I don't recognise this but it runs on adapter, meaning if it is able to connect to a USB portable battery, you can power this up.

I think you can research on tb search with "锂电池", it would be rechargeable type instead of adapter base. You already mention power outage so it can only be battery operated.

Note that official forwarders cannot bring in aquarium items, you need 3rd party.

If I have your CP-201 definitely it will go into modifications...lol...ha ha...DIY

Cool tks for the info but i don't research it my pigeon hole home only have limited sunlight no point invest on it :s13:

ljohn78

Reaction score
I bought 10 platinum rummynose yesterday and this morning 1 of them looked not well.
>> Seems like having difficulty to swim fluidly and whole body color is off.. more like cloud white colour. It also has difficulty to keep position at a static spot - tend to float to the surface where it will then swim abit to go lower. This get repeated frequently.

Haiz... Dunno if I injured it when catching it or the trip home. The rest of the 9 join in the school of existing 10 normal rummynose easily

How come you didnt quarantine your new fish? The single sick rummy nose can spread diseases to the rest of fish. Better to scope it out and put it in a hospital tank.

Aquarium fish are not always sold in tip top condition. Not even from expensive shops like LFS. You most probably gotten a sick or stress out fish from the store before you even paid and walked out.

Woshileeroy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Morning all, i would like to check something with you all.
My ranchu likes to swim upside down after every meal. Other than that, he/she is perfectly normal. It's that half an hour or so after meals that he/she swims belly up.
What is the issue here?
Thanks in advance

Sent from 波多野结衣 using GAGT

過路稻草人™

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Morning all, i would like to check something with you all.
My ranchu likes to swim upside down after every meal. Other than that, he/she is perfectly normal. It's that half an hour or so after meals that he/she swims belly up.
What is the issue here?
Thanks in advance

Sent from 波多野结衣 using GAGT

On floating pellet?

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't use prawn to start the nitrogen cycle. You are paying a lot of attention on details.

1ft is least tolerance.

With regards to Green GEX Soil
http://www.gex-fp.co.jp/english/fish/catalog/stratum/index.html

Features:
Grains formulated from natural volcanic soil. High in water retention and oxygen, grows roots strong and long.

In short, it is roots centric. What was your objective?

Hi bro, i intend to do some mini aquascape for the tank. It is a L38 x H30 x H30 size.

Normally for such a small tank, how do u all kickstart the fishless cycling? I threw in some fish food, measured this morning.. duno im color retarded or what.. the result color is like yellow or first green.. very similar. Test kit is the usual API one.

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sometimes the “some” is questionable 😂
That’s why u see Ang moh fish site they always use ammonia and measure nicely one a

But dun fret too much . Just continue to keep until the food rot .

4pxCSO

Master Member
Reaction score
dropped some Hikari first bite for the frys yesterday evening...
finally see them eating and swimming around more lively after eating.. :s13:

hope the 3 surviving wont die if not moi boy gonna emo... :(

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dropped some Hikari first bite for the frys yesterday evening...
finally see them eating and swimming around more lively after eating.. :s13:

hope the 3 surviving wont die if not moi boy gonna emo... :(

A Few months ltr have 300 more

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just saw youtube on how to start a tetra tank. Some mentioned that a heater is required.

But just wondering, the heater will keep the water at a constant temperature right.. if the weather is very hot like SG weather now.. turn off the heater? Nv use before so better to ask before buying

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just saw youtube on how to start a tetra tank. Some mentioned that a heater is required.

But just wondering, the heater will keep the water at a constant temperature right.. if the weather is very hot like SG weather now.. turn off the heater? Nv use before so better to ask before buying

Sg weather dont need heater luh, heater can on/off high low but no point getting it unless u breeding some fish need heater to breed

Stormthundarr

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Do you know how a thermostat works?

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi bro, i intend to do some mini aquascape for the tank. It is a L38 x H30 x H30 size.

Normally for such a small tank, how do u all kickstart the fishless cycling? I threw in some fish food, measured this morning.. duno im color retarded or what.. the result color is like yellow or first green.. very similar. Test kit is the usual API one.

Well, for one, you need to grow like a farmer. So firstly the water need to use submerged type filter to cycle. Because the water level is going to be low. Lighting wise, E27 lighting with 6500K bulb. Now you can opt for LED bulb or CFL bulb. Problem with CFL bulb is that over time, it will dim, if explode then some poison gas will release. Lighting cannot touch water, whether led or cfl.

25% to 50% flood, you maintain it, if 1st week to 3rd week you maintain this water level (meaning add water, cause of evaporation), 3rd week if add water slowly to 75%, lastly to 80% basically you are there, then cycle one more week. In this process, PH is maintain 6.5 or so, so a small bottle to put PH minus powder (aquamedic), then shake until dissolve before adding.

Initial setting up is very XinKu, because of low water level, you almost can hit pearling effect. CO2, up to you, you can mix your own if you have the kit. CO2 once the fish are introduce, you can forget about it.

Do your water measurement then easier to control.
http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/converter/volume-calculator.php

PS: Since you going for Neon / Cardinal, there is no need for heater. Heater are meant for specific fish only. Like small shrimps, they need chiller/fan to reproduce.

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is on cardinal.

Paracheirodon_cardinalis_Axel_Rouvin_1500-56a32f815f9b58b7d0d0de5c.gif

https://www.thesprucepets.com/cardinal-tetra-1378417

Cardinal tetra needs lower temperature. I do have some at the moment. A Fan is running to "evaporate" some water thus keep the water cool. At times, ice block is dump to allow melting. This is the time where you'd see them going under the ice, they like air con also.

Cardinal is sensitive, timid. You cannot kock kock, cannot tap tap the fish tank, scare the hell out of them. They need hidding places. Hidden rocks, hidden plants. Meaning tall plants they can hide so how one plant will dictate how well that hidding place is.

In the case of a 1ft, if you going to dose say Seachem Flourish, if the recommendation is one cap, you go for 1/3 of the cap. For 2ft, you go for 1/2 the cap, for 3ft, you for the full cap but monitoring close on the iron level.

Seachem series, flourish with Seachem nitrogen actually will suffice most of the time. I have others like trace, iron, etc. Mix it into a spray can, add plenty of water. Once a while if I need to dose, I just spray once or twice good enough. Meaning it is a diluted mix. Spray can must be totally black, cannot see through, store away from sun/light, else the can is going grow algae.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.