Like Tree230Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-08-2018, 09:52 PM   #2041
Arch-Supremacy Member

yup.
are you trying to diy a mat filter?
nope. cause just 1 ft tank. no space.

what i am thinking of is a weak air pump ( eg the beetle model you talking about (150 l/hr) connect to a sponge filter to complement my changing water cycle. want keep water as clean as possible.
also cause too many betta i scared bioload too high in a 1 ft tank.

weak air pump which is adjustable cause i know betta like still waters is the one i am on the lookout for.
currently eyeing ocean free super precision 3000 which is adjustable and 80 litre/hr. just 8 litres higher then the one i was looking for previously.

thoughts?
Old 22-08-2018, 09:56 PM   #2042
Banned

what i am thinking of is a weak air pump ( eg the beetle model you talking about (150 l/hr) connect to a sponge filter to complement my changing water cycle. want keep water as clean as possible.

weak air pump which is adjustable cause i know betta like still waters is the one i am on the lookout for.
currently eyeing ocean free super precision 3000 which is adjustable and 80 litre/hr. just 8 litres higher then the one i was looking for previously.

thoughts?
keep betta get filter for what? knn.

just do WC weekly can already
Old 22-08-2018, 09:57 PM   #2043
Supremacy Member

this type of fish can out breed the tank space very fast.
how come you keep buying?
Nope...going to stop after buying today.Time to stop.

I bought quite a lot in the last 2 months cos of casualties in the tank and unexpected deaths.

3 weeks ago,I bought 20 and lost 13 in a week due to the quality of the stock.

Bought another 20 last week and they seemed to have settled well fine and even gave me 13 fry in the bag on the way home.
Old 22-08-2018, 10:02 PM   #2044
Supremacy Member

Just want to check...

I bought those small bags with zips today along with a bottle 250ml of Purigen.

How much should I fill the bags to put in my Eheim canisters?
Old 22-08-2018, 10:03 PM   #2045
Arch-Supremacy Member

keep betta get filter for what? knn.

just do WC weekly can already
even the laojiao i ask say must change every 2-3 days. who u?
Old 22-08-2018, 10:05 PM   #2046

I am doing some breeding for my own pleasure.

Some of mine(2015 stock)had grown old and died.I have a 生死补 on the mini whiteboard in my study.

Fell in love with platies ever since I had my first tank 13 years ago.Tried sailfin mollies,guppies and swordtails throughout the years but I still went back to my first love.
I see. Platies were also one of the first fish I kept because my dad was breeding them and he passed some to me.
Old 22-08-2018, 10:06 PM   #2047
Banned

even the laojiao i ask say must change every 2-3 days. who u?
Lao jiao doesn't mean u must follow like bible and not use ur brain

betta is a low SES fish.

Only noobshiat like u so kiasu until must read catalogue to buy a tiny pump
Old 22-08-2018, 10:07 PM   #2048
Supremacy Member

I see. Platies were also one of the first fish I kept because my dad was breeding them and he passed some to me.
I was attracted to them cos of their wide range of colors and how easy it is to breed them.
Old 22-08-2018, 10:13 PM   #2049

I was attracted to them cos of their wide range of colors and how easy it is to breed them.
I still love to keep those "old school" types of fishes like angelfish, tiger barbs, swordtails, platies. Brings back so many fond memories...
Old 22-08-2018, 10:16 PM   #2050
Arch-Supremacy Member

Lao jiao doesn't mean u must follow like bible and not use ur brain

betta is a low SES fish.

Only noobshiat like u so kiasu until must read catalogue to buy a tiny pump
Orh. U pro lah u pro
Win the Internet liao
Old 22-08-2018, 10:17 PM   #2051
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone keep black ghost fish ? I think damn cool
Old 22-08-2018, 10:29 PM   #2052

Anyone knows about test kits for ammonia? I bought Sera and it test nh3 and nh4. Read on net that nh3 is ammonia, is the harmful one for fish and nh4 is ammonium which isn't harmful but a change of pH can turn nh4 to nh3. My pH is now 7.5.

I just bought a brand Colombo and it seems to test for nh3 only.

Good news is my tank seems to be getting better. My last test at abt 9pm, using Sera seems to show 1mg ammonia. I did abt 30% water change this afternoon and added in 2nd dose of stability. This afternoon before changing water, the test was almost blue. But can have such a drastic change in such short time?

I also use Colombo just now, it shows lesser than 1mg. The colour was between yellow and pale green.

So, could it be that Colombo was testing the harmful nh3, ammonia and Sera tested both ammonia and ammonium?

Lol it's confusing me. But nevertheless I think my tank is getting better though I lost 1 more oto. Only 2 Cory and 1 more oto left. This is costing me alot of money to buy test kits and chemicals and I suddenly seem to know more abt chemistry.

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT
Old 22-08-2018, 10:29 PM   #2053
Honorary Member

thoughts?
Actually this is not necessary as betta is a very hardy fish.
How many betta are you going to put in your 1ft tank?
Old 22-08-2018, 10:31 PM   #2054
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone knows about test kits for ammonia? I bought Sera and it test nh3 and nh4. Read on net that nh3 is ammonia, is the harmful one for fish and nh4 is ammonium which isn't harmful but a change of pH can turn nh4 to nh3. My pH is now 7.5.

I just bought a brand Colombo and it seems to test for nh3 only.

Good news is my tank seems to be getting better. My last test at abt 9pm, using Sera seems to show 1mg ammonia. I did abt 30% water change this afternoon and added in 2nd dose of stability. This afternoon before changing water, the test was almost blue. But can have such a drastic change in such short time?

I also use Colombo just now, it shows lesser than 1mg. The colour was between yellow and pale green.

So, could it be that Colombo was testing the harmful nh3, ammonia and Sera tested both ammonia and ammonium?

Lol it's confusing me. But nevertheless I think my tank is getting better though I lost 1 more oto. Only 2 Cory and 1 more oto left. This is costing me alot of money to buy test kits and chemicals and I suddenly seem to know more abt chemistry.

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT
I read online that water conditioners can mess with test results but I donít have exact details
Old 22-08-2018, 10:32 PM   #2055
Arch-Supremacy Member

Actually this is not necessary as betta is a very hardy fish.
How many betta are you going to put in your 1ft tank?
3-5 bah
I got put plants also.
Plant debris also need clean up. Thatís why need filter too

I ever have once I put some floating plants then the plant debris all end up floating in water

For example right now I have a 1ft tank with some java ferns and no fishes
After 2-3 days I see little debris lying on the bottom of tank. Changed water but next day got debris again . Hope i was clear

Last edited by yihao93; 22-08-2018 at 10:34 PM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.