HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Like Tree230Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-04-2018, 01:48 PM   #331
Great Supremacy Member

I've looked around but can't find any cheaper with similar specs. Know any place?

I tend to keep small fishes. Currently have a few barbs and 1 betta
tropical at pasir ris near the camp sells tanks these sizes at good price
den just buy a small LED lamp (i have if u wan) and get a internal filter would be cheaper

as mentioned, dun cover the tank cos in our country, water temp will go up
Old 13-04-2018, 02:21 PM   #332
Supremacy Member

tropical at pasir ris near the camp sells tanks these sizes at good price
den just buy a small LED lamp (i have if u wan) and get a internal filter would be cheaper

as mentioned, dun cover the tank cos in our country, water temp will go up
Pasir Ris farmway 1? I'll go and check soon. So it's better not to get the covered tank.. Thanks
Old 13-04-2018, 02:25 PM   #333
Great Supremacy Member

Pasir Ris farmway 1? I'll go and check soon. So it's better not to get the covered tank.. Thanks
not that mate, its pasir ris coast industrial park 1
behind ed's fishing pond
Old 13-04-2018, 03:45 PM   #334
Supremacy Member

not that mate, its pasir ris coast industrial park 1
behind ed's fishing pond
Ok thanks..
Old 13-04-2018, 08:20 PM   #335

u shld not advise him to keep SAE to reduce the alage, instead u shld advise him to keep the tank balanced.
Hi lotusnotes.

Agreed that algae issue is due to tank imbalance. And he need to find root cause.

Balancing a tank takes alot of actual information. I could only offer co2 as 1 possible cause for him to look into in my first sentence of my reply.

SAE does help him in his fight against bba. It is a second measure that would also be useful for him.

If you have experience in bba it would be great if you can also offer additional advice on top of my earlier reply.

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT
Old 13-04-2018, 08:55 PM   #336

Thinking of getting a 2ft tank. Any opinions on this one?

Classica eco 60 - $64 new with delivery

Dimension (LxWxH) : 60 x 30 x 35cm
Volume : 60 Litres
Lighting Type : White Energy Saving LED
Filter Type : Internal Filter
Filter Flowrate : 520 L/H

This tank is ok.

The hood is good if you raising fish that prefer warmer temp like german blue ram.

The hood is also good if you have fish that like to jump.

If you want to keep temp lower, can open the hood cover. You can even place a fan at the cover to drop the temp.

I have a 1 feet cube tank with hood. I open the hinge cover on the hood and place a pc fan. The water is about 27 +/-. The tank is lit with fluorescence.

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT
Old 13-04-2018, 09:43 PM   #337

Hey guys, new here so please be merciful with the abbreviations. I wanna buy a 50 or 60 gallon tank but am unsure of the price. Can recommend me any best place to check or you guys know the rough price? I'm thinking Sea View or C328 but I live in North side so prolly going Sea View.

Thanks.
Old 13-04-2018, 10:02 PM   #338
Great Supremacy Member

Hey guys, new here so please be merciful with the abbreviations. I wanna buy a 50 or 60 gallon tank but am unsure of the price. Can recommend me any best place to check or you guys know the rough price? I'm thinking Sea View or C328 but I live in North side so prolly going Sea View.

Thanks.
if u dun mind 2nd hand stuff, there are many online which u can find and some in good condition

fb aquarium buy and sell pages also a good place to hunt.. otherwise seaview is a good choice, go yishun blk 618 ask ask also can
Annabeth likes this.
Old 14-04-2018, 02:25 AM   #339

ljohn78,

Can I suggest you edit your first post to include useful links for everyone? For a start, here are some recommendations:

Aquarium Stocking Calculator

Design your tank setup

List of local fish shop - Courtesy of Aquatic Quotient
Its done. First post updated!
Old 14-04-2018, 09:12 AM   #340

Its done. First post updated!
Thanks for the list of LFS. V useful!
Old 14-04-2018, 09:36 AM   #341

Hi guys, wanna ask ur opinion. I just started back my hobby. I use black gravel, and doing dry start method for the plant carpet. This is yesterday photo

Dry start method started on Tuesday (10/4/2018/
Im quite eager to start put water and start cycling process. But worry the roots are not deep enough, and worry the plants will start floating.

My tank size is 32.5cm (L) x 26.5cm (D) x 36cm (H)
My tank is this. This is when I bought it

Also my plan for the aquarium is, I would like to put guppies, neon tetras and shrimps inside. Also I'm looking out any other fishes that is compatible with this 3. I don't plan to pleco as I worry they grow oversize. I usually can't find siamese algae eaters, don't know where to find them.

For plants, I plan to put nana and ferns only. Then in time, I may put vertical wire mesh, and put on Christmas moss to see it grow and cover the whole wire mesh.
I also bought those in bottle bacteria, hoping to cultivate good bacterias to reduce ammonia and nitrate.

What do you guys think? I don't plan to put co2, I only just want to daily feed fishes, and maybe change water once a week.

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

Last edited by ahtom82; 14-04-2018 at 09:54 AM..
Old 14-04-2018, 09:41 AM   #342
Great Supremacy Member

no green thumb and not plant expert, u may wanna try top up a small amount of water and see if the plants' roots are ok yet

most tetras can coexist, u can try balloon and rummynose.. the latter red nose compliments the neon or cardinal which u may consider.. there are some small algae eaters i saw at kallang toh, forgot their name suddenly.. believe turning on lights 24hrs and with livestock, u won't need co2
Old 14-04-2018, 09:43 AM   #343

Oh ya I also didn't put the air pump, cause I have the normal filter system, pump up to the filter, then filter portion I plan to put some bio filters. I think the water pump to the filters got sufficient air exchange to get enough air in the water. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 14-04-2018, 09:48 AM   #344
Great Supremacy Member

as long as there is water movement, yes there is oxygen for the fishes

subject to overcrowding issue of cos
Old 14-04-2018, 10:01 AM   #345

I also hoping to achieve no need to change water. Do I need to plant more so that all the nitrite can be absorb by the plants? Anyway to achieve no need to change water?

Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.