[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No fish is easy to keep.

Once you have any pet fish, you need to have the know-how to keep them healthy and well.

Even a lowly guppy needs proper know-how to keep properly. :):):)

i think easy in term of they are hardy fish.

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok, let say I buy 2-3 dollar small fish all throw in bi-weekly. How many times water change needed? My tank is 2-2.5ft tank given by in law.

Is that even enough to feed it in the first place?

3ft and below, you keep aro, 准备随时收尸。Tank too small.

Rakkaa

Reaction score
2 school of thought on Betta.

How come AMDK say betta need huge tank, but then i watch documentary on viet/thai betta farms where they keep in bottles but the fish still so healthy? as long as often change water

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya agreed. Arowana are hardy.

But easier on the pockets are barbs, say tinfoil barbs.

Absolute tanks.

Aro is hardy against luohan, but if against monitor lizard still not a match.

sometimes we just need time to think it through.

earle1972

Reaction score
Aro is hardy against luohan, but if against monitor lizard still not a match.

sometimes we just need time to think it through.

I'm referring to a tank situation, where your monitor lizard come from?

Besides u swim in the reservoir daily to see aro fight with monitor lizards to see who win and lose??

By your logic there shouldnt be other small fishes in the reservoir cuz monitor lizard is gonna rip them all apart. Not to mention the otters.

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm referring to a tank situation, where your monitor lizard come from?

Besides u swim in the reservoir daily to see aro fight with monitor lizards to see who win and lose??

By your logic there shouldnt be other small fishes in the reservoir cuz monitor lizard is gonna rip them all apart. Not to mention the otters.

That would be Seletar Reservoir. Bedok Reservoir is full of luohan inside.

Seletar Reservoir isn't just full of monitor lizards, it is also home to Yamato shrimp. Catching yamato is easy, however, if your tank got other fishes, these wild yamato are commando trained, those fishes wouldn't survive.

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dun bother with a lot of ANG moh views
What realistic for them is not possible for us

Minimum 150 gallon 1000 gallon blah blah...

2 school of thought on Betta.

How come AMDK say betta need huge tank, but then i watch documentary on viet/thai betta farms where they keep in bottles but the fish still so healthy? as long as often change water

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And juvenile aro grow a inch per month if feed properly until 14 or so it slows down
Which is just 5-6 months away so 2,1,1.5or even 2,2,1.5 simply won’t cut

And the idea of having cheap thrill of owning one and set it free to me I put it bluntly
Irresponsible

I did kill 1-2 aro due to my own carelessness
And inexperience
but I never had a thought that I won’t want them after they grow and put in reservoir
I would want to bring them to their end of life if situation do not permits I will make sure they get adopted for free if the next person will take good care

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And juvenile aro grow a inch per month if feed properly until 14 or so it slows down
Which is just 5-6 months away so 2,1,1.5or even 2,2,1.5 simply won’t cut

And the idea of having cheap thrill of owning one and set it free to me I put it bluntly
Irresponsible

I did kill 1-2 aro due to my own carelessness
And inexperience
but I never had a thought that I won’t want them after they grow and put in reservoir
I would want to bring them to their end of life if situation do not permits I will make sure they get adopted for free if the next person will take good care

We all go thru that process. Until one day you ask yourself, how many have died, must die before we get the hang of rearing fish.

Is like that.

I waiting for last two fish to 老死....lol.

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well , i mean if u can keep 0,0,0 ppm who will be complaining Also the fishes can swim properly I supposed it’s okay . We all can see some of those tanks fishes totally unable to swim without Siam here Siam there.

My aro still able to propel itself to the other side of tank to chase the earth eaters for food

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol rays are poo machines 😂
Pleco is no where close lol

Luckily I still can manage it under 250 ppm tds with once a week with 50% change
( partially I cannot stand bare bottom + opt for overflow system )

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
if u have all the parts riao just setup yourself very easy one... if u still dunno how take pic show us we might be able to teach u

cycling of tank will take a few week so the earlier u setup the earlier u can add fishes
Thanks. Think i will use back my previous tank for setup after a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.