Like Tree154Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2019, 11:14 PM   #6826
Master Member

- Aquamedic PH down powder.
- ADA Aqua soil (Amazonia)
- Volcanic Rocks.
Maybe I should get some volcanic rocks.

Usually the pH becomes lower over time. Depending on the GH and KH, I add Ca2CO3 or NaHCO3 to increase the pH.
edwinttt1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 01:00 AM   #6827
Arch-Supremacy Member

Maybe I should get some volcanic rocks.

Usually the pH becomes lower over time. Depending on the GH and KH, I add Ca2CO3 or NaHCO3 to increase the pH.
Injecting CO2 with aquatic plants, PH will be lower as well. This is where you need to up the PH with monitoring.

So it all depends on how each tank is being set up. There is no one size fits all thingy. You just have to learn each method via each setup. Hence, it is encouraged to try different things with each tank. That is how you gain experience. At one point, I manage 3 tanks with 3 different characteristics.
Old 11-02-2019, 02:06 PM   #6828
Master Member

took a short video clip this morning

kazuki666 likes this.
4pxCSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 02:20 PM   #6829

Wish I can do a koi pond, but Hdb is impossible wasted.no space
roof aquarium can?
EXtrAfrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 03:36 PM   #6830
Arch-Supremacy Member

roof aquarium can?
pple use basin but koi itself gets very large as time progresses. You look at the video, HDB just dun have the space for it to move around. So koi is not suitable for HDB.
KnightDroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 08:37 AM   #6831
Arch-Supremacy Member

So ytd I go catch some tetras
Tried using 2 net, tried using 1 hand 1 net but they just escape the hand / avoid the net
yihao93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 12:19 PM   #6832
High Supremacy Member

@knightdriod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkWJfNVllb4&t=71s

video that u rike

Last edited by skytan13; 12-02-2019 at 12:26 PM..
skytan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 02:31 PM   #6833
Arch-Supremacy Member

@knightdriod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkWJfNVllb4&t=71s

video that u rike
ok, rear water method, there are a lot of ways doing this. Mine differs with most pple, because I adjust TDS using distill water. RO water can be used it pretty much works the same. But my main source comes from the tap.

Eg. taiwan water which comes from RO technology, you worry more about salt content. Again, rear water varies not from country but water source.
Old 12-02-2019, 05:50 PM   #6834

ok, rear water method, there are a lot of ways doing this. Mine differs with most pple, because I adjust TDS using distill water. RO water can be used it pretty much works the same. But my main source comes from the tap.

Eg. taiwan water which comes from RO technology, you worry more about salt content. Again, rear water varies not from country but water source.
Actually for alot of the guys here, due to lack of either resource, space or time, rearing gallons of water or running di water then boosting the tds up simply isn't very Feasible. Many of us probably just have a small Space at home to enjoy this hobby. Perhaps the experts here can share some of their knowledge on some basic tricks that wouldn't take took much of time at time

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT
Joge517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 05:52 PM   #6835

If too much time or resource is required, it either kill the interests or the wife will kill u..

Joge517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 07:30 PM   #6836
Arch-Supremacy Member

Actually Hor for changing water I want ask also

Right now I got a pipe to suck out water to drain , this part ok.
But the other part I headache. My pipe also can connect to tap and straight to tank.

So when I put water in tank, how ah? It would be be straight tap water to tank, I scared the chlorine will kill my bb? Then how ah?

I was thinking I dose antichlorine into tank then I introduce tap water . But I gotta introduce the tap water slowly then would the antichlorine still be effective ?
Old 12-02-2019, 11:52 PM   #6837
Arch-Supremacy Member

Actually for alot of the guys here, due to lack of either resource, space or time, rearing gallons of water or running di water then boosting the tds up simply isn't very Feasible. Many of us probably just have a small Space at home to enjoy this hobby. Perhaps the experts here can share some of their knowledge on some basic tricks that wouldn't take took much of time at time

Boil water, cool it, bottle it up.

Tis the most simple way. PH use PH down powder to control.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:55 PM   #6838
Arch-Supremacy Member

Actually Hor for changing water I want ask also

Right now I got a pipe to suck out water to drain , this part ok.
But the other part I headache. My pipe also can connect to tap and straight to tank.

So when I put water in tank, how ah? It would be be straight tap water to tank, I scared the chlorine will kill my bb? Then how ah?

I was thinking I dose antichlorine into tank then I introduce tap water . But I gotta introduce the tap water slowly then would the antichlorine still be effective ?
Dechlorination is done outside main tank. So if you can relocate the tap water to go to a storage, put a small aquarium pump to pump into the main tank, I dun see a problem. Simple tubing, storage plus a pump.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:55 PM   #6839
Arch-Supremacy Member

If too much time or resource is required, it either kill the interests or the wife will kill u..

ha ha...how come wifvy always a deterence force? 玩鱼好过玩女人。
Old 13-02-2019, 12:11 AM   #6840
Arch-Supremacy Member

So if you can relocate the tap water to go to a storage, put a small aquarium pump to pump into the main tank, I
How does a aquarium pump pump water into tank?? I tot the pump pump air only.
I have a pump connected to a sponge filter
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.