HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Like Tree230Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-07-2019, 10:34 AM   #8761

weitzmani is uncommon and who wont hide from the gudgeon.

Add some Tucano leh..

if have longer tank with dark oyama backing ...50 kubotai...
LOL, I think we share similar interests. Been considering to add tucanos for a while and the initial midground fish was a choice between the kubotais and blackeye pristellas
. Tried African butterfly barb recently but up lorry within a week, super pain to the heart and wallet

Sent from Xiaomi MI 5 using GAGT
Old 25-07-2019, 11:11 PM   #8762
Master Member

are there a cost-effective way to feed your monster fishes?
Old 25-07-2019, 11:49 PM   #8763
Master Member

I give you a thinker, eat veggie or eat meat? Eat meat as in live food, eat veggie as in pellet food. The cleanliness differs for both. Pellet food more economical and less dirty on the water. You can lengthen your maintenance cycle there.

Eat meat, yes, the fish will be strong...super strong, can fight type but also can bite you also. Too aggressive, you need to know how to deal with it. Pellet food can be sold in a big bottle, much like those CNY tibits bottle, so go LFS walk walk, the feeding cost will lower significantly. Do watch for expiry. Get some activated charcoal from those $2 shop, dump inside, the fish food last longer.

Thanks fgor the reply, unfortunately my monsters are stubborn they after starving them for months they still refuse to eat pellets

Tried a few brand AZoo, oceanfree and jbl all failed.
Old 26-07-2019, 12:21 AM   #8764
Supremacy Member

Use hornwort that is the best. Dun get poisonous plants hor....careful hor, not everything selling in LFS is meant for planted tank. some are for palu-tanks.
What is palu tanks
Old 26-07-2019, 10:18 AM   #8765
High Supremacy Member

Monster tank a lot depend on what u have the load, how much u want to feed

Some cheap pellets the Poo dirty , easier to feed no need prepare . I used hikari carnivore massivore before imho cleanest But my rays already gg. The rest of the inhabitants now take
Sinking cichlids pellets .

So only feed is my aro on MP now Its cheapest in long run but must prepare . And you dun always need to feed them super full it’s a vicious cycle

14-16” aro gets 2-3mp daily for 6 days A week
Old 26-07-2019, 11:47 AM   #8766
High Supremacy Member

I think the fish habit is established, hard to change.
yah. i kept him fed but not overfed.

always dislike simi 发福龙 ..those weird stuff.

in this way also good..he will stay semi aggressive, which is interesting to watch. Hungry or annoyed Chut his AURA all the underlings hide under drift woods
Old 26-07-2019, 03:00 PM   #8767
Master Member

What type of fish you have there?

Got try these?

Best thing you have a photo on the food type too.
I bought all the most recommended pellet for monsters all the containers got show Arowana n other monsters...

I even bought dried krill....

Tonight I will go SS look for frozen fish fillet to try
Old 27-07-2019, 10:59 AM   #8768
Honorary Member

Sian, fifth up lorry this morning. The black one. Really don't know what's wrong. I am not sure if I should add more females in liao... :'(

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT
buy fishes, in small quantity from different shops. the upkeep of their tanks, water quality, can affect the fish health. its a gamble.

introduce new fishes slowly, over a short period by mixing 50/50 tank water and original water for 30mins or so if fishes are still active, then drain half away and top up with tank water again. sometimes different water conditions can stress the fish and they may gg..

I think one female going to give birth soon. Body become squared like what online articles said.

Running out of tanks and pumps to separate the fishes liao.

1 main tank, 1 tank for this pregnant guppy, 1 for guppy fry, 1 for remaining female guppies. Siao liao

I saw that happen before too. tubi can be fed to babies and the babies are really aggressive. 1 small body pulling 1 tubi worm. There are times where the baby get caught by the worm colony.

Last time we use fish breads, clouds water, but we use them for fish, for tadpole feedings, works well.
have plants in tank, small fish (fry) can hide. feed proper for adult fishes and as well as small feeds for small fish.

i have these plans in my tank

they provide more hiding space than this type

Finally managed to win the algae war after 4 mths !!

what was it like before this?

Last edited by jq75; 27-07-2019 at 11:03 AM..
Old 27-07-2019, 11:21 AM   #8769
Arch-Supremacy Member

This morning suddenly noticed two guppy babies in the tank. My usual practice is let them be and survive. But they seem not that smart darting in the open and there is a particular female seems to be aiming them. 心疼 so I use siphon to suck them into another container which I am using to keep clean water for topping the main tank de. Threw in two snails from the main tank and sprinkle a little micro pebbles food. Hopefully they can grow.
But I didn't notice any very very pregnant female though. Hmm

Old 27-07-2019, 12:42 PM   #8770
Master Member

wuhooo my Arowana ate pangasius food that is within my budget and all my fishes can eat soon i will insert pellets into the fillet to increase the nutrients content of the fillet

1kg $4 4slices can last for at least 2week
Old 27-07-2019, 12:46 PM   #8771
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyway curious. For newborn guppy babies if I leave them in container say 1L size without any filter, air pump, or live plants. Will they have problems surviving? I will still sprinkle some micro pellets as food

Old 27-07-2019, 06:40 PM   #8772
Honorary Member

Anyway curious. For newborn guppy babies if I leave them in container say 1L size without any filter, air pump, or live plants. Will they have problems surviving? I will still sprinkle some micro pellets as food

1L is too little water for the baby fish. I will go 5L at least.
Old 27-07-2019, 07:10 PM   #8773
Arch-Supremacy Member

Turtle tank will do. Hornwort untie, they will spread the surface. Babies will hide near to surface. Easier for oxygen xchange. Baby food is pinching. I usually use powder food. My dad time use fish bread, so big the babies still eat.
What is fish bread? Normal bread human eat de???

Old 27-07-2019, 07:19 PM   #8774
Master Member

Old 27-07-2019, 10:36 PM   #8775
Arch-Supremacy Member

Turtle tank will do. Hornwort untie, they will spread the surface. Babies will hide near to surface. Easier for oxygen xchange. Baby food is pinching. I usually use powder food. My dad time use fish bread, so big the babies still eat.
Wow...long time never seen those fish bread liao...seems can't even find a pic of it on the internet.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.