HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Like Tree223Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-01-2020, 07:07 AM   #9376
Banned

Sounds like ammonia or chlorine burn. Check your water parameters. Do more frequent water changes.
I will change the water tonight. Thank you
sgmilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2020, 11:50 PM   #9377
Master Member

Saw Nanyang Trading selling algae eater fish $1 and golden algae eater fish $1.20. Is it actually chinese algae eater fish?

Also saw Oto Fish selling for $1.80 so cute

Also SAE selling $1

Me noob so need experts here to help. Thanks in adv
MrTheROCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 09:07 AM   #9378
High Supremacy Member

First 2 likely are the CAE variants

SAE need to see correct or not there are many photos and article to teach how to differentiate

Saw Nanyang Trading selling algae eater fish $1 and golden algae eater fish $1.20. Is it actually chinese algae eater fish?

Also saw Oto Fish selling for $1.80 so cute

Also SAE selling $1

Me noob so need experts here to help. Thanks in adv
skytan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 01:33 PM   #9379
Arch-Supremacy Member

Guys. What is the common local name for this plant ah?
I notice the few LFS in my area will always sell them. They are kept in a roughly 2feet tank, usually with another type of plant with needle like leaves. The tank has nothing but a pump. No substrate, fishes. But I notice the plants are always green plump and no browning de. Is there a trick to the healthy plants the LFS keep them???

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT
kazuki666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 04:41 PM   #9380
Master Member

I notice the few LFS in my area will always sell them. They are kept in a roughly 2feet tank, usually with another type of plant with needle like leaves. The tank has nothing but a pump. No substrate, fishes. But I notice the plants are always green plump and no browning de. Is there a trick to the healthy plants the LFS keep them???

Anacharis!!!

But I am just a beginner. So need sexperts here to verify.

Bought before. Very lasting
Old 02-02-2020, 12:49 PM   #9381

Hi all, any goldfish groups in FB or telegram . I can join? The ones I search for not many locals and inactive. Want to keep a pair of Ranchu and need some advise.
Pitan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 05:11 PM   #9382
Greater Supremacy Member

Hi all, any goldfish groups in FB or telegram . I can join? The ones I search for not many locals and inactive. Want to keep a pair of Ranchu and need some advise.
What type of ranchu you will be keeping?
tankgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 07:14 PM   #9383
Arch-Supremacy Member

https://t.me/GoldfishHobbyist

telegram
Old 05-02-2020, 02:58 PM   #9384
Banned

Fish lying motionlessly on bottom of tank and heavy breathing means no chance to save it anymore?
Just Another BBFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 11:27 PM   #9385
Greater Supremacy Member

Fish lying motionlessly on bottom of tank and heavy breathing means no chance to save it anymore?
What fish?
tankgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 01:34 PM   #9386
Arch-Supremacy Member

I was not in a rush to use this plant, so i left it inside a longish plastic container filled with water and covered up. I threw in 2 snails from my guppy container.
Today out of curiosity why the plant doesnt seem to be growing at all, so i stared closer. To my astonishment, i saw a leaf moving, then a caterpillar looking 毛毛蟲 was crawling out from that leaf. That leaf isnt flat, it was curled up like a tube. Out of worry, i looked up and down and realised there are a few more such tube looking leaves with these 毛毛蟲 moving.
I threw the whole plant away and wash up the container.

Just curious. Is this normal??? I have used this plant several times before, but i never seen these "insect" before. Regret not taking a pic before throwing away, because i panicked and just threw...
Old 09-02-2020, 01:41 PM   #9387
Greater Supremacy Member

I was not in a rush to use this plant, so i left it inside a longish plastic container filled with water and covered up. I threw in 2 snails from my guppy container.
Today out of curiosity why the plant doesnt seem to be growing at all, so i stared closer. To my astonishment, i saw a leaf moving, then a caterpillar looking 毛毛蟲 was crawling out from that leaf. That leaf isnt flat, it was curled up like a tube. Out of worry, i looked up and down and realised there are a few more such tube looking leaves with these 毛毛蟲 moving.
I threw the whole plant away and wash up the container.

Just curious. Is this normal??? I have used this plant several times before, but i never seen these "insect" before. Regret not taking a pic before throwing away, because i panicked and just threw...
if you know how those farms grow their aquatic plants, you won't be that surprise liao.
Old 10-02-2020, 12:31 AM   #9388
Master Member

if you know how those farms grow their aquatic plants, you won't be that surprise liao.
So hw those farm grow?
Old 10-02-2020, 07:44 AM   #9389
Arch-Supremacy Member

Then is there any way to check or clean up before going into the tank???

Old 10-02-2020, 08:22 AM   #9390
Greater Supremacy Member

So hw those farm grow?
many aquatic plants are grow on dry land and its actual form is quite different when it inside a fish tank.

unless you are buying from Tropica which is not cheap but free from pest, most farms grow aquatic plants like this.
that is why is full of snails and pest.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.