HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Like Tree230Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2020, 07:49 AM   #9916

Hahaha ya man, sian.... My the tank on my table only can go soo big, this is what I was afraid off.
Can squeeze this kind of bar table over your study table? Then can cater for bigger tank

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id...=4156391993022

Or small & slim rack, akan datang for me:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm...u=t2dmg8j26111

When there's a will, there's a way

Last edited by Urbanchap; 10-07-2020 at 08:04 AM..
Old 10-07-2020, 08:25 PM   #9917

I thought you bought males only? Congrats! Soon your next headache is the population becomes 10mil...
Haha .. thks .. buy 2 females .. the uncle at Polyart pick for me .
Nw only 4 babies survive ..
Old 10-07-2020, 08:26 PM   #9918

rmb to have plants so that the babies can hide and prevent themselves from eaten
I seperate them .. bought one small tank for Babies
Old 10-07-2020, 08:39 PM   #9919
Arch-Supremacy Member

Haha .. thks .. buy 2 females .. the uncle at Polyart pick for me .
Nw only 4 babies survive ..
I seperate them .. bought one small tank for Babies
Actually will be most ideal if can let it stay in same tank, get used to the same water parameters. So the trick is either have lots of hiding place or get breeding box

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT
Old 11-07-2020, 03:34 PM   #9920

Anyone has success with diy co2? That using 1 or 2 litre plastic bottle type.
Old 11-07-2020, 07:40 PM   #9921

Actually will be most ideal if can let it stay in same tank, get used to the same water parameters. So the trick is either have lots of hiding place or get breeding box

Noted .. will look into Breeding box . The babies behin to eat liao . Thks
Old 11-07-2020, 08:08 PM   #9922
Arch-Supremacy Member

Noted .. will look into Breeding box . The babies behin to eat liao . Thks
What did you feed them with so far?

Anyway, breeding box can be quite mafan, especially since your tank is not that big. If you get a small breeding box put the pregnant in, I worry she may stress out trapped in the small breeding box.

Last edited by kazuki666; 11-07-2020 at 11:01 PM..
Old 12-07-2020, 11:24 AM   #9923

What did you feed them with so far?

Anyway, breeding box can be quite mafan, especially since your tank is not that big. If you get a small breeding box put the pregnant in, I worry she may stress out trapped in the small breeding box.

Recommanded by PolyArt to feed Aquafin 3 flake , really they like it .. big pcs a few mouth settle liao 😁
Maybe l shall get a bigger tank . Thks fr sharing ..
Old 12-07-2020, 12:24 PM   #9924
Arch-Supremacy Member

Recommanded by PolyArt to feed Aquafin 3 flake , really they like it .. big pcs a few mouth settle liao �
Maybe l shall get a bigger tank . Thks fr sharing ..
Lucky your fries eat. Previously what I did was use flake too, but I will use fingers crush till powder form then sprinkle in. Tried egg yolk before too, but is hard to handle because it makes the water dirty...

Old 12-07-2020, 12:51 PM   #9925
Supremacy Member

hikari first bites also good
Old 13-07-2020, 11:53 AM   #9926
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ask you guys for experience.

I have a small glass jar which I filled 1/4 with small pebbles, some anacharis, few snails and 1 male guppy. The jar is usually sealed. Everything has been fine for past few months until yesterday I noticed the guppy suddenly looks very fat and one side of the body looks abrasive (it wasnt like this previous day). This morning found it dead in the water, so i quickly too him out.

My qns is. Given that the fish could have been ill and died in the container. If I don't change this water, leave it sealed for say 2 weeks. Is there any possibility of the bacteria (that killed the guppy) still existing in the water? I was thinking to let the container self sustain with snails for 2 weeks, then add in new guppy.

Whats your opinion?
Old 13-07-2020, 12:13 PM   #9927
Supremacy Member

pls do water change. If not possible, pls have daily morning sunlight to kill off the germs and bacteria

I previously did have 2 fighting fish in only 300ml of qian hu plastic fish container for each betta

I remove its poop daily and then only top up abit water that's lost due to poop siphoning, no water change at all.

The one with morning sunlight did very well and still healthy till this day. The one with no morning sunlight fall sick and die soon after.
kazuki666 likes this.
Old 13-07-2020, 12:26 PM   #9928

I have a small glass jar which I filled 1/4 with small pebbles, some anacharis, few snails and 1 male guppy. The jar is usually sealed. Everything has been fine for past few months until yesterday I noticed the guppy suddenly looks very fat and one side of the body looks abrasive (it wasnt like this previous day). This morning found it dead in the water, so i quickly too him out.
Dropsy? It's often due to poor water quality, which causes a bacterial infection. The balance in your micro tank may not be right.
kazuki666 likes this.
Old 13-07-2020, 12:29 PM   #9929
Arch-Supremacy Member

My qns is. Given that the fish could have been ill and died in the container. If I don't change this water, leave it sealed for say 2 weeks. Is there any possibility of the bacteria (that killed the guppy) still existing in the water? I was thinking to let the container self sustain with snails for 2 weeks, then add in new guppy.

Whats your opinion?
Do suck the pebbles for guppy waste
kazuki666 likes this.
Old 13-07-2020, 03:41 PM   #9930

Can squeeze this kind of bar table over your study table? Then can cater for bigger tank

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id...=4156391993022

Or small & slim rack, akan datang for me:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm...u=t2dmg8j26111

When there's a will, there's a way
Thanks for the advice, I think I shall take this opportunity to re-design my room and get new furniture to fit a bigger tank. I am still leaning towards the DOOA Neo Glass Air but this time the biggest(?) one they have @ 30x30x45. But I find that keeping shrimps in a wider but shorter tank would look nicer....
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.