HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Like Tree230Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2018, 04:46 PM   #991
Honorary Member

planted side still not as vested like in Aro, Bottom Dwellers , Goldfish, Pleco and of course the flowerhorn section.
Yalor.
I only come to know about saga when suddenly I can't post in buy sell anymore.
This is where they got this contribute or no privilege saga which piss off many.
Some like begging to get back the rights.
Old 06-05-2018, 05:21 PM   #992
Arch-Supremacy Member

your 2nd tank is like a jungle.
Yup...purposely create lots of cover and use lots of wood for the chocolate, samurai gouramis and the bristlenose pelcos. A handful of Boraras brigittae and unknown number of cherry shrimps in that tank too.
Old 06-05-2018, 06:02 PM   #993
Arch-Supremacy Member

thanks. previously i removed the mouldy ones. then now come back again
Like that GG liao the bag of pellets have spores liao
Old 06-05-2018, 07:07 PM   #994
High Supremacy Member

Like that GG liao the bag of pellets have spores liao
Wah means can throw already?
Old 06-05-2018, 07:14 PM   #995
Honorary Member

Wah means can throw already?
yup. can throw all away liao unless your fish are those cheap cheap ones and you really don't care about their wellbeing.

another alternative is if you keep shrimps, you can use that to feed the shrimps.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:27 PM   #996
Arch-Supremacy Member

AQ is the more atas and elitist forum. Most people there well spoken and polite to one another. Good for planted tanks and the other small fish interest group. But I think when they banned shrimp sales, the traffic dropped a fair bit.

The ban is understandable since quite a bit of quarrel went on about the quality of shrimps sold as people don't understand that a shrimp may look beautiful and healthy in my tank but may not be the same in your tank as they are sensitive and need time to adjust.

AF is the cult-like and more toxic forum like you said. When I first joined it in 2006, it was a bustling community and the chat forum was moving as fast as EDMW. But over time, it is obvious that the popularity of the forum got into the head of the higher management and they began asking for contribution from people who wants to make use of the forum.

You have to prove that you are a "worthy member" to be part of the forum. If people don't turn up or contribute time and resources for their AF events or buy their stuff and join whatever clubs they have, then they don't get to use the forum marketplace or have privileges suspended.

And forum politics was everywhere at AF. Some members who are the "seniors" there and moderators enjoy posting their view but dislike people arguing against their point of view. It was so petty some times that it sickens me. I got banned once defending a member from a moderator who is a Christian I believe who decided he is God and his words are all powerful.
Thankfully the more logical heads at the forum unbanned me after the moderator left when his abuse of power was investigated. But I had enough of the forum and decided not to partake in it anymore.
the AQ issues with shrimp can be better handle if everyone learn to manage expectations and also learn to psot fitting description and also much clearer disclaimer. amid the outburst of several incidents it is still much more pleasant then the other one.

Agree with you that popularity have somewhat ballooned up their demands on how much participation a user must rior to be allow to use their platform, the act of arm twisting tactics to augment user to post, contribute (*be it their time and effort in posting[ not important] , helping out as volunteer during their events [conveniently forget and having to search database and proof that indeed attended and helped out] , buying memorabilia e.g their table top book and lastly Paying member.

Making monetary contributions is still acceptable as the maintenance and upkeep of the platform needed funds, but to make it mandatory to justify contributions or participation for granted permission over buysell posting rights becomes over the top.

The number started to dwindle as quite a faction breaks away to form the Arotalk , and it always make me laff when i see same nick user posting double thread in both of the platform asking for comments.

The real issue begun like you say when the moderating team starts to assert their view upon others how and what can be posted and along certain red tapes or whip. Was it Spakase that banned you and was subsequently vacates his position?

a hobby should be stress free, forever learning and sharing with like minded fellow fishkeepers. And not subject to needing to gain approval from old guards or senior, whom may or may not have genuine interests in seeing u succeed in this hobby. or to partake in a place reeks of tyranny fascism.
Old 06-05-2018, 08:01 PM   #997
High Supremacy Member

Buy from taobao will do the same job about $50 before shipping.
Got link? This one 25 usd cheaper than $50 leh, free shipping.
Old 06-05-2018, 08:11 PM   #998
High Supremacy Member

Wow.. chocolate plus fairy 144😍,

My 2 tanks.

Had some thoughts of doing a rescape of the bigger tank. But having 2nd thoughts too when in envisioned of what kind of big mess if the substrate is disturbed.
Edit*
Didn’t notice got vallanti😍
patcheon likes this.

Last edited by skytan13; 06-05-2018 at 10:25 PM..
Old 06-05-2018, 09:38 PM   #999

the AQ issues with shrimp can be better handle if everyone learn to manage expectations and also learn to psot fitting description and also much clearer disclaimer. amid the outburst of several incidents it is still much more pleasant then the other one.

Agree with you that popularity have somewhat ballooned up their demands on how much participation a user must rior to be allow to use their platform, the act of arm twisting tactics to augment user to post, contribute (*be it their time and effort in posting[ not important] , helping out as volunteer during their events [conveniently forget and having to search database and proof that indeed attended and helped out] , buying memorabilia e.g their table top book and lastly Paying member.

Making monetary contributions is still acceptable as the maintenance and upkeep of the platform needed funds, but to make it mandatory to justify contributions or participation for granted permission over buysell posting rights becomes over the top.

The number started to dwindle as quite a faction breaks away to form the Arotalk , and it always make me laff when i see same nick user posting double thread in both of the platform asking for comments.

The real issue begun like you say when the moderating team starts to assert their view upon others how and what can be posted and along certain red tapes or whip. Was it Spakase that banned you and was subsequently vacates his position?

a hobby should be stress free, forever learning and sharing with like minded fellow fishkeepers. And not subject to needing to gain approval from old guards or senior, whom may or may not have genuine interests in seeing u succeed in this hobby. or to partake in a place reeks of tyranny fascism.
This is a perfect example of how evil triumph good. Sad way for AF and or AQ to go down.

I dont surf AF. But AQ threads is moving very slow. I met 1 toxic user there. So from then, i dont go there much.

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT
Old 06-05-2018, 10:26 PM   #1000

Yeah Spakase was the one. Very old bird there but cannot tahan people give different view point. He ask jwhtan how to settle our dispute and jwhtan say to just leave it alone but he decided me and the other guy deserve to be banned. At least jwhtan is understanding and I guess he reversed the ban later. But I think Spakase cannot tahan that even the other admins and mods don't agree with him for that ban issue so he left.

From then on I decided to comment less on politics in any forum since people can get really sensitive about it. Just stick to posting stuff that I have interest in or have a little knowledge about.

Lucky got EDMW to entertain me after I quit AF.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:13 AM   #1001

hey guys, need some advice

a few months ago i dropped several MTS into my tank and i saw my dwarf puffers whack them almost immediately. I assumed all of them died as their shells remained there like for eternity across a few days without moving so i cleared them out.

but just across the weekend, i saw the shell of a huge MTS out of nowhere! just to be clear i havent bought any new plants or introduced anything new to the tank except for 2 siamese algae eaters.

now i'm worried that below my gravel is an entire community of MTS waiting to break out.

what can i do to draw them out for my puffers to whack. it was a real shock to see a huge MTS and I read that they are prolific breeders.

any advice appreciated
Old 07-05-2018, 04:25 PM   #1002
High Supremacy Member

a few months ago i dropped several MTS into my tank and i saw my dwarf puffers whack them almost immediately. I assumed all of them died as their shells remained there like for eternity across a few days without moving so i cleared them out.

but just across the weekend, i saw the shell of a huge MTS out of nowhere! just to be clear i havent bought any new plants or introduced anything new to the tank except for 2 siamese algae eaters.

now i'm worried that below my gravel is an entire community of MTS waiting to break out.

what can i do to draw them out for my puffers to whack. it was a real shock to see a huge MTS and I read that they are prolific breeders.

any advice appreciated
Just wait lor, if they pop out, free buffet for your puffer
Old 07-05-2018, 04:32 PM   #1003
Honorary Member

any advice appreciated
one way to catch snails is use a plastic bottle and poke some holes big enough for the snails to get in. put some vege inside and leave it over night.
next day, it should be filled with snails if there is any.
Old 07-05-2018, 04:34 PM   #1004
Arch-Supremacy Member

any advice appreciated
Pufferfish and snails can't be in the same tank the puffer will eat all the snails, some hobbyist will use puffer to clear snails infestation
Old 08-05-2018, 01:43 PM   #1005
High Supremacy Member

My 2 tanks.

Had some thoughts of doing a rescape of the bigger tank. But having 2nd thoughts too when I envisioned the kind of big mess when the substrate is disturbed.
Wow very nice.
patcheon likes this.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.