Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyro77

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U got see him feed pellet or not ?
And ask him what type

Mostly csb one

I also forgot to ask, collected late at night so my brain half asleep liao. There were some uneaten feeders in the tank so I assumed he put pellets also won't eat.

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How to get my aro on pellets ah? Previous owner claimed can eat pellet but I tried to put (AR-G2) but never eat leh. Or still adjusting? Starve further? Or give prawns first in the meanwhile?

Aro is a picky eater one they taste mw/mp they will never eat pellets

A few methods that i heard that can make them eat pellets is starving them for a few weeks to months or put pellets in the mp so when they get used to the pellet taste they will eat it or put the aro in a comm tank other fishes eat the pellet the aro will also follow

Size/Age matters too.. mine is about 2ft he's hook on MW and never eat pellets :(

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My main tank got some 6-7 inch indo tigers and small emperor red hooks and some birchirs. 4ft only so can only keep small and will upgrade in future when they grow bigger. The quarantine tank is on the floor, next to the main tank, no money buy stand :s13:

Anyway yeah, I found a 90 degree elbow, don't know from what equipment it came from and just jammed it in and twisted it towards the wall.

Later I post updated video/gif. My IP camera uplorry, need to restart I think :s22:

Very crowded does your tank have a good filtration system?

Btw 4ft is the mininum size tank for an Arowana w/o never fishes

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I gonna copy this method

if successful i will post here hopefully my wife won't find out that i use mp to feed my fishes :s13:

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Using built-in overhead filter system with the usual filter media. Flow rate should be sufficient.

One thing I realize the top filter pad tend to turn greenish (algae?) after 3-4 days.

I'll get a pH tester to check out the pH as you suggested.

Sent from Meizu M6 NOTE using GAGT

It's possible also depend on the foods u fed too. My ohf occasionally from nowhere will grow plant usually near the window :s13:

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AwNhgpCl.jpg

My guppies tail will lose color and become strands. Next day passed away le.

What's the issue and how do I prevent/cure it?

Sent from Meizu M6 NOTE using GAGT

Like fin rot. Water conditions will be key so just WC

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A lot depends on the fish it self
My current one is attitude problem one
After a month , I put foodstick also dun eat

Previous fishes 1week settled

I gonna copy this method

if successful i will post here hopefully my wife won't find out that i use mp to feed my fishes :s13:

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Never really say how long and how often to do this leh.

All depend on the fish one, my first eat everything until he jump out of the tank n died. My second one just starve it a few week it will just eat

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That’s the risk Loh worried it get stunted
So eventually is ur will vs the aro will 😂

Mine quite ******* he will purposely chase my earth eaters around the tank when I walk past and cause splatter ...

I'm surprised it lasted that long. Thought would uplorry by 2-3 months.

So during that time I'm guessing it didn't grow?

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised it lasted that long. Thought would uplorry by 2-3 months.

So during that time I'm guessing it didn't grow?

Ya lor darn stubborn. :s13:

Sometimes i wonder did my family members secretly feed my Arowana when im at work

Pyro77

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway just to update on my aro, I starved it since Sunday night and yesterday night i put in a few pieces of soaked pellets. He ate a few pieces but only aimed for the ones that sank down to the floor, never really bother with the ones that were still floating. Should I continue soaking or not?

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway just to update on my aro, I starved it since Sunday night and yesterday night i put in a few pieces of soaked pellets. He ate a few pieces but only aimed for the ones that sank down to the floor, never really bother with the ones that were still floating. Should I continue soaking or not?

They sure will bite but do he shallow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.