HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Like Tree230Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2018, 09:49 AM   #1411
High Supremacy Member

Lol 4 feet that’s pretty crowded 😂 but at least the swimming space seems equally divided 😂

Mine cannot add fish ler
My ARO is a attitude kid .
Old 10-07-2018, 12:19 PM   #1412

Tks tminis and all for replying. I'm using ocean free smart1000 internal filter now with 1000l/hr flowrate. read that 2213 flowrate is only half of this. I guess I need to sell away 2213 or supplement it with another 500L/hr filter. Wanted to use a canister so I dun have to clean the filter regularly.

Right only only 1 anglerfish 3 rainbowfish 4 Cory 2 Siamese algae eater and 2 oto. Intend to get more rainbows or smaller tetras. Guess I have to hold it till my filters are sufficient. Tank is cycled and these fishes r from old 2 feet tank.

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT
Old 10-07-2018, 02:29 PM   #1413
High Supremacy Member

This bioload is very manageable actually
But still it is always good to have bigger capacity and future proof

Invest in a 2nd hand pro3
I seen many video on the oasse which pack some interesting features but not read any “actual “ user reviews yet thou

Tks tminis and all for replying. I'm using ocean free smart1000 internal filter now with 1000l/hr flowrate. read that 2213 flowrate is only half of this. I guess I need to sell away 2213 or supplement it with another 500L/hr filter. Wanted to use a canister so I dun have to clean the filter regularly.

Right only only 1 anglerfish 3 rainbowfish 4 Cory 2 Siamese algae eater and 2 oto. Intend to get more rainbows or smaller tetras. Guess I have to hold it till my filters are sufficient. Tank is cycled and these fishes r from old 2 feet tank.

Old 10-07-2018, 02:37 PM   #1414
Master Member

ocean free smart1000 internal filter and eheim 2213 is different item.

i have sfew pointer which i feel is that smart1000 might not be true to the 1000l/hr. on top of that it is internal. there wont be much space for u put biomedias.

i would opt for eheim 2213. external and save fish tank space in the tank.

u only have that few fishes so eheim 2213 would be more than sufficient.

also would 1000/hr tank cause the fish to be like swimming in washing machine?
Old 10-07-2018, 03:24 PM   #1415

ocean free smart1000 internal filter and eheim 2213 is different item.

i have sfew pointer which i feel is that smart1000 might not be true to the 1000l/hr. on top of that it is internal. there wont be much space for u put biomedias.

i would opt for eheim 2213. external and save fish tank space in the tank.

u only have that few fishes so eheim 2213 would be more than sufficient.

also would 1000/hr tank cause the fish to be like swimming in washing machine?
Haha ya at first seems abit strong. By my rainbowfish, Cory and siamese algae eaters seem to like it. I see them purposely swim near the filter and go against the current at times. But the angel steer clear.

How do I know if my bioload is ok? I wanna get abt 10 more cardinal size tetras. And ya. I will set up ehiem and take out that internal filter.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:14 PM   #1416
Supremacy Member

Haha ya at first seems abit strong. By my rainbowfish, Cory and siamese algae eaters seem to like it. I see them purposely swim near the filter and go against the current at times. But the angel steer clear.

How do I know if my bioload is ok? I wanna get abt 10 more cardinal size tetras. And ya. I will set up ehiem and take out that internal filter.

The only way to be sure is test kit

Otherwise 2 weeks should be fine I guess since u have fish in there already. New tank don’t move too fast. A step at a time
Old 10-07-2018, 08:23 PM   #1417
High Supremacy Member

Using built-in overhead filter system with the usual filter media. Flow rate should be sufficient.

One thing I realize the top filter pad tend to turn greenish (algae?) after 3-4 days.

I'll get a pH tester to check out the pH as you suggested.

Sent from Meizu M6 NOTE using GAGT
I think you put fish in too soon and your filter system not yet ready.

It takes at least two weeks for a new tank.
Old 10-07-2018, 08:51 PM   #1418
Supremacy Member

I think you put fish in too soon and your filter system not yet ready.

It takes at least two weeks for a new tank.
Well, no choice his fishes already in.

For Newbie12 you will need the filter pads in there. If not use biohome(expensive stuff) media also no use as most usable area for good bacteria will be clogged
Search YouTube on how to set up your canister. I do recommend one YouTuber “pondguru”
Old 11-07-2018, 08:36 AM   #1419
High Supremacy Member

How to get my aro on pellets ah? Previous owner claimed can eat pellet but I tried to put (AR-G2) but never eat leh. Or still adjusting? Starve further? Or give prawns first in the meanwhile?
Old 11-07-2018, 08:43 AM   #1420
High Supremacy Member

U got see him feed pellet or not ?
And ask him what type

Mostly csb one

How to get my aro on pellets ah? Previous owner claimed can eat pellet but I tried to put (AR-G2) but never eat leh. Or still adjusting? Starve further? Or give prawns first in the meanwhile?
Old 11-07-2018, 10:44 AM   #1421
High Supremacy Member

U got see him feed pellet or not ?
And ask him what type

Mostly csb one
I also forgot to ask, collected late at night so my brain half asleep liao. There were some uneaten feeders in the tank so I assumed he put pellets also won't eat.
Old 12-07-2018, 01:42 AM   #1422
Arch-Supremacy Member

Aro is a picky eater one they taste mw/mp they will never eat pellets

A few methods that i heard that can make them eat pellets is starving them for a few weeks to months or put pellets in the mp so when they get used to the pellet taste they will eat it or put the aro in a comm tank other fishes eat the pellet the aro will also follow

Size/Age matters too.. mine is about 2ft he's hook on MW and never eat pellets
Old 12-07-2018, 01:47 AM   #1423
Arch-Supremacy Member

My main tank got some 6-7 inch indo tigers and small emperor red hooks and some birchirs. 4ft only so can only keep small and will upgrade in future when they grow bigger. The quarantine tank is on the floor, next to the main tank, no money buy stand

Anyway yeah, I found a 90 degree elbow, don't know from what equipment it came from and just jammed it in and twisted it towards the wall.

Later I post updated video/gif. My IP camera uplorry, need to restart I think
Very crowded does your tank have a good filtration system?

Btw 4ft is the mininum size tank for an Arowana w/o never fishes
Old 12-07-2018, 02:03 AM   #1424
Arch-Supremacy Member

I gonna copy this method

if successful i will post here hopefully my wife won't find out that i use mp to feed my fishes
Old 12-07-2018, 02:08 AM   #1425
Arch-Supremacy Member

Using built-in overhead filter system with the usual filter media. Flow rate should be sufficient.

One thing I realize the top filter pad tend to turn greenish (algae?) after 3-4 days.

I'll get a pH tester to check out the pH as you suggested.

Sent from Meizu M6 NOTE using GAGT
It's possible also depend on the foods u fed too. My ohf occasionally from nowhere will grow plant usually near the window
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.