[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge - Part 2

blackestvoid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just get lava rock from carousell gardening section. 1kg<$1

considering lava rocks but disadvantage is it will increase overall aquarium weight and some sharp edges pressing against the glass may cause pressure and if suay may crack the glass in the long term

TehSi99

Master Member
Reaction score
Though not recommended, I am thinking to put some fishes together with my shrimps. Considering between Endlers and Ember Tetra.

Any comments is appreciated.

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My anti-chlorine is finishing soon. Time to buy a new bottle. See many different brands available and thinking to try other brand. Though i think it may not be a big thing to discuss, just want to know which brand you guys are using.

Thanks.

Seachem safe but so sianz one bottle used v long
So now buy aqua science

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
considering lava rocks but disadvantage is it will increase overall aquarium weight and some sharp edges pressing against the glass may cause pressure and if suay may crack the glass in the long term

Honest answer no won’t crack unless u create a stress point

Sharp just bring to tarmac sand it down the density is smaller than soil too

HanWeng

Reaction score
Though not recommended, I am thinking to put some fishes together with my shrimps. Considering between Endlers and Ember Tetra.

Any comments is appreciated.

My tank got Hegenli rasbora aka Glowlight rasbora with fire red shrimp. No issue. Shrimplets all safe. They don't bother the shrimps.

MacSpicy Cheeze

Master Member
Reaction score
XRenffUl.jpg

FlfbLSwl.jpg

zQO0V1Ll.jpg

Hello anybody know what plant is this.. need soil or.not?? All the plant is tied to driftwood...

Now i quarantine all plant.. after snail appeared suddenly.. lol

Sent from Xiaomi MI 9T PRO using GAGT

Need help for id..still learning

Last edited:

TehSi99

Master Member
Reaction score
Is it necessary to take out the hob filter and clean/ scrub the interior? I see like a film of dark greem stuff on the inside walls of the filter housing.

Thanks.

shin7829

Reaction score
Doing very well sia. Congrats.

Patience pay off.

Anyway now i feel like going the high tech tank path lol. Feel like adding co2 permanently sia lol

HanWeng

Reaction score
Cos big difference mah :s13: Now water is so clear and you added new plants. I still remember your cute banana lily on the right side of the tank. :D In the end you didn't buy neon and otos but went for rasboras.

:o

Yeah the cute banana lily doing well. I heard and see ppl says tetra will eat shrimplets so I didn't go for tetra species. I want oto but my tank not much algae for them to eat and heard it is picky eater.

FinchGuy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it necessary to take out the hob filter and clean/ scrub the interior? I see like a film of dark greem stuff on the inside walls of the filter housing.

Thanks.

I use a toothbrush and melamine sponge to clean mine. Also pull out the impeller using long-nose pliers once in a while to clean it.

JoePilot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok so far these physical stores have tissue cultures:

Green Chapter
Aquatic Avenue
Glassbox.sg
East Ocean Aquatic Centre
Ivanbetta

Hopefully there are more.

:o

Add to the list: 181 Aquarium

The bui bui boss is passionate and knowledgeable, good service

MacSpicy Cheeze

Master Member
Reaction score
XRenffUl.jpg

FlfbLSwl.jpg

zQO0V1Ll.jpg

Hello anybody know what plant is this.. need soil or.not?? All the plant is tied to driftwood...

Now i quarantine all plant.. after snail appeared suddenly.. lol

Sent from Xiaomi MI 9T PRO using GAGT

Need help for id..still learning
Need help for id.. Still learning....
Sorry if asking too much

Sent from null using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.