[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge - Part 2

ljohn78

Reaction score
[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Hi to all fish nerds,

This thread is created for all fish lovers to share and discuss everything from fresh water to brackish water to salt water, small fish to medium fish to monster fish.

This thread is also created to post update on local LFS and stockings of various watery creatures and aquarium equipment.

Do keep the thread civil and dont break any hardwarezone rules.

So Fish nerds, remember to keep your hands wet!

(This thread is not for fish tank with mermaid inside.)

hUWizlhl.jpg

Some useful links below: (recommended by Ows)

Aquarium Stocking Calculator

Design your tank setup

List of local fish shop - Courtesy of Aquatic Quotient

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah...the autobot not working yet....

New thread new thread...

*edit*

swee first !!

MrTheROCK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
in part 2 thread!!!! :o

those feeder guppies actually can buy and rear. some of them actually v pretty, just that they have abit of flaw hence fail QC and cull and become feeder guppies :o

Rear feeder guppies also v suitable for beginners and also for children :o

Just get a 2 feet cheap china plastic tank with a cheap china made filter, throw the feeder guppies into the conditioned water and the guppies will breed like mad :o

Oh, rmb to get cheap plants like hornwort or java fern too so that the babies can hide inside and grow in future :o

buy a cheap light as well as the plant need light to grow. if u r on budget, then just put it besides a window with indirect sunlight which is what i am doing :o The indirect sunlight can also kill the harmful germ bacteria inside fish tank too :o

then buy the cheapest fish food which cost about $1.50-$2 to feed the guppies once a day will do :o always better to underfeed than overfeed

Last edited:

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Too add
Melamine sponge is ur best friend for those algae caused by sunlight

MrTheROCK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Too add
Melamine sponge is ur best friend for those algae caused by sunlight

yes, it is v cheap too :o

Also need to buy a $2.50 siphon to suck out all the poop weekly. Then top up water that's lost due to siphon and water evaporation :o

My method is already a v v cheap way to kick start fish keeping hobby :o

perrinrahl

Reaction score
Is there such a thing as feeder cherry shrimp? :)

How's the health of the feeder fish these days? years ago, I remember many of them were sickly and would die soon; sometimes they might even kill the fish that ate them.

TehSi99

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone keeping or has experience keeping chilli rasbora?
I bought some yesterday. Curious little creatures. But they are not eating when i feed them the Ocean Free food.
Continue to feed them? Any idea?

Thanks.

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Bought some fishes from 328, forget shop name, run by a big sized lian, coloured nails - 25% of them gg after 2-3days

MrTheROCK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought some fishes from 328, forget shop name, run by a big sized lian, coloured nails - 25% of them gg after 2-3days

Arrowana Ave :o

What fishes did u buy that died after 2-3 days? :o

What's your water parameters? :o

fishes I bought from there no issue wan :o

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone keeping or has experience keeping chilli rasbora?
I bought some yesterday. Curious little creatures. But they are not eating when i feed them the Ocean Free food.
Continue to feed them? Any idea?

Thanks.

There mouth very small. So the food should be fine like powder. If u can see is pellet means too big

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.