About Betta (Fighting) Fish

SillySanta

Reaction score
Hi, I would like to seek advice on worms for betta fish.

I just bought 2betta fishes today and ask the uncle to introduce me fish food for them. Then the uncle introduce me the dried food (round in size, dark red in colour).
But my betta fishes doesnt really eats it.

So I was thinking of feeding them chili worms.
But I got no idea how to make it.

Do I have to buy small chili or normal chili?
How many days do I have to keep the chili?
Where do the worm be? Like.. Isit inside the chilli which I have to cut it? Or it will come out on its own.

Please help! :(
As I don't want to starve my bettas. :(

Yowzer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i never heard of fish picky about their food before. Only heard of bloodworms. Also, hope you don't fight these beautiful fish. Very cruel actually, they will rip pieces out of each other.

SillySanta

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't intend to fight them.

Regarding the dried food, my betta looks excited. But aft it enters it's mouth, it spill it out.

I just bought blood worm and it's eating. yay! :D

And my another betta, it's no eating and not moving. Just facing 90degree upwards of the water. :( I'm worried. I tried mirror, but it's not working. So I have to use a stick and touch the tail, it just swim around. But once I stop, it also stop -.-"

Any helps? :(

Yowzer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't intend to fight them.

Regarding the dried food, my betta looks excited. But aft it enters it's mouth, it spill it out.

I just bought blood worm and it's eating. yay! :D

And my another betta, it's no eating and not moving. Just facing 90degree upwards of the water. :( I'm worried. I tried mirror, but it's not working. So I have to use a stick and touch the tail, it just swim around. But once I stop, it also stop -.-"

Any helps? :(

Looks like its sick. Seriously may uplorry.

How are you keeping them. Can try to set up a more spacious proper tank with some plants or hiding areas. But its a slim hope. More likely its sick.

SillySanta

Reaction score
You can buy those frozen blood worms in pack.

I tried live blood worms instead of frozen ones. But it just wont eat.
Just came back from camp and my dad says it's eating. But when I try to feed, my betta just ignore me. :(

SillySanta

Reaction score
Any body know what should i do after changing water? Cus everytime i change to new water, my bettas seems ignore my foods. :(

Jhyun

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Few things to check

1) What's your water temperature? Bettas thrive in warm waters, so if you keep them in cold/air-con places usually wun do well

2) Please check your water parameters, do you age and dechlorinate your water?

3) Are both bettas lethargic? If only 1 is, does it have a bloated tummy, or raised scales etc

lameness

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any body know what should i do after changing water? Cus everytime i change to new water, my bettas seems ignore my foods. :(

maybe leave them for a few hours for them to settle down first. maybe they are not used to the waer and need time to get used to it. if go and play with them just after changing water, they may feel stressed.

Easley

Master Member
Reaction score
when you change water dont change 100%. leave around 30% of the old water. =)
may i know where you got them? i got a hobby for fighting fish too, been years since i last kept them. mind telling how much you got them for?

SillySanta

Reaction score
when you change water dont change 100%. leave around 30% of the old water. =)
may i know where you got them? i got a hobby for fighting fish too, been years since i last kept them. mind telling how much you got them for?

Very hard got place sell nice betta with good price le.. I got mine for $1 for plakat and $4 for half moon. :)

for the one that said ketapang leave, i bought the ketapang "teabag" . :) They are aslp now. And I'm going to sleep. :)

P.S: I'm despretly finding females betta. So if anyone got any lobang, please tell me. :( I don't care is north, south, east or west. Went to quite a few fish shops but they don't take in any females betta anymore. :( As they die easily (that's what the pet shop uncle told me) .

Jhyun

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dun get females until your fishes are confirm healthy.
If you stay in the west, can get from C328, got a decent selection there.

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I use to see female betta for sale at Yishun Blk 934.

kemkem411

Reaction score
based on my experiences, betta fish dont need to feed too much as they will become fatter and lazy to move. and dont change the water frequently because betta fish also doesnt like too clean water. also, betta like to stay in the darkness. If you want the fish to fight, you can actually train them. Leave them starve like for 4 5 days then bring out to fight. the fish will become like zombie, they will fight stronger to eat enemies skin and so on....my 2 cent

plakat

Master Member
Reaction score
based on my experiences, betta fish dont need to feed too much as they will become fatter and lazy to move. and dont change the water frequently because betta fish also doesnt like too clean water. also, betta like to stay in the darkness. If you want the fish to fight, you can actually train them. Leave them starve like for 4 5 days then bring out to fight. the fish will become like zombie, they will fight stronger to eat enemies skin and so on....my 2 cent

tat is bullshiat. Fool..

Easley

Master Member
Reaction score
Very hard got place sell nice betta with good price le.. I got mine for $1 for plakat and $4 for half moon. :)

for the one that said ketapang leave, i bought the ketapang "teabag" . :) They are aslp now. And I'm going to sleep. :)

P.S: I'm despretly finding females betta. So if anyone got any lobang, please tell me. :( I don't care is north, south, east or west. Went to quite a few fish shops but they don't take in any females betta anymore. :( As they die easily (that's what the pet shop uncle told me) .

where did you get yours from?

SillySanta

Reaction score
where did you get yours from?

I got mine at Hougang Ave1 Blk105 Market.
That aquarium shop open timing siao siao one.
Sometimes open in the morning, sometimes open in the aftnoon.

But the timing so far is:
8am-10am

or

12.30pm-3.30pm

So better try your luck bah!

The shop is locate next to the egg store. :)

P.S: That shop is my $1 Plakat

The $4 Half Moon is at Kovan. Near OCBC Bank.
A big tank at the entrance. All big big fish lai de. Haha..
That timing is more friendly. Almost full day! :D

Another aquarium shop is outside the MRT stn. Near to Fair Price Market. :)

Hope it helps!

Or you can try Serangoon RainBow ? :) No idea thr have any bettas anot.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.