www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Pets Inner Circle (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/pets-inner-circle-93/)
-   -   Adopting a dog (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/pets-inner-circle-93/adopting-dog-6341319.html)

sinkieforever 21-07-2020 09:35 PM

Adopting a dog

Hi, I am 17 this year and I would like to adopt a dog. I don't have any experience handling (if you count petting my friends and teacher pets) nor owning a dog.

I have sent out many adoption applications to
Action for Singapore Dogs, OSCAS, Causes for Animals, SOSD, and Mindef's military dog working unit adoption drive too. Just wondering if they would accept me as an applicant based on my age.

My family and I are prepared to pay the full cost of adoption fees and the amount required to sustain the dog too..

0bserver 22-07-2020 12:11 AM

why not get your parents to apply. its easier

Apparatus 22-07-2020 12:21 AM

RE

If you stay in HDB those big size police and army K9 will be out lor

Try SPCA

:D

Ambergris 28-07-2020 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinkieforever (Post 128618068)
Hi, I am 17 this year and I would like to adopt a dog. I don't have any experience handling (if you count petting my friends and teacher pets) nor owning a dog.

I have sent out many adoption applications to
Action for Singapore Dogs, OSCAS, Causes for Animals, SOSD, and Mindef's military dog working unit adoption drive too. Just wondering if they would accept me as an applicant based on my age.

My family and I are prepared to pay the full cost of adoption fees and the amount required to sustain the dog too..

Even if your family have all been interviewed, identified the main caregiver and shortlisted, they can't register you as you are still considered a minor.

kelvin.wolfbane 04-08-2020 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apparatus (Post 128621128)
If you stay in HDB those big size police and army K9 will be out lor

Try SPCA

:D

If adopted under the special scheme, can adopt the big dogs, up to 50cm shoulder height

Needmysleep 10-08-2020 09:00 PM

From what I see those condo and landed get first pick for adopting pups :( as for HDB need to be minimum 6 months old

Apparatus 11-08-2020 08:16 AM

Re

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelvin.wolfbane (Post 128904584)
If adopted under the special scheme, can adopt the big dogs, up to 50cm shoulder height

There's a big adult bull dog in my block. Real big size and short like other bull dogs. So your special scheme is no protection to HDB dwellers

I can see it as unfriendly. If this dog escapes the leash I wonder what would happen

:s8: