HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Adopting a dog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-07-2020, 09:35 PM   #1

Adopting a dog

Hi, I am 17 this year and I would like to adopt a dog. I don't have any experience handling (if you count petting my friends and teacher pets) nor owning a dog.

I have sent out many adoption applications to
Action for Singapore Dogs, OSCAS, Causes for Animals, SOSD, and Mindef's military dog working unit adoption drive too. Just wondering if they would accept me as an applicant based on my age.

My family and I are prepared to pay the full cost of adoption fees and the amount required to sustain the dog too..
sinkieforever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2020, 12:11 AM   #2

why not get your parents to apply. its easier
0bserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2020, 12:21 AM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

RE

If you stay in HDB those big size police and army K9 will be out lor

Try SPCA

Apparatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2020, 02:11 PM   #4
Master Member

Hi, I am 17 this year and I would like to adopt a dog. I don't have any experience handling (if you count petting my friends and teacher pets) nor owning a dog.

I have sent out many adoption applications to
Action for Singapore Dogs, OSCAS, Causes for Animals, SOSD, and Mindef's military dog working unit adoption drive too. Just wondering if they would accept me as an applicant based on my age.

My family and I are prepared to pay the full cost of adoption fees and the amount required to sustain the dog too..

Even if your family have all been interviewed, identified the main caregiver and shortlisted, they can't register you as you are still considered a minor.
Ambergris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 09:15 PM   #5

If you stay in HDB those big size police and army K9 will be out lor

Try SPCA

If adopted under the special scheme, can adopt the big dogs, up to 50cm shoulder height
kelvin.wolfbane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 09:00 PM   #6

From what I see those condo and landed get first pick for adopting pups as for HDB need to be minimum 6 months old
Needmysleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 08:16 AM   #7
Arch-Supremacy Member

Re

If adopted under the special scheme, can adopt the big dogs, up to 50cm shoulder height
There's a big adult bull dog in my block. Real big size and short like other bull dogs. So your special scheme is no protection to HDB dwellers

I can see it as unfriendly. If this dog escapes the leash I wonder what would happen

Apparatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.