Dog Problem

idwish

Reaction score
My daughter has a 3 years old ShiZhu which we bought 3 years ago....here are the problem.
(1) He barks whenever my neighbours walk pass in fact anyone he doesnt know
(2) He barks whenever we close our bedroom door when we go to sleep
(3) He barks whenever we talk to my daughter but he behaves well when she is not at home...
(4) He likes to bark at young children...

Other than the above, he behave pretty well.

Is the only solution to these behavior is to send him for obedience course or any advise from any experts here?

Thanks

AristroCats

Master Member
Reaction score
My daughter has a 3 years old ShiZhu which we bought 3 years ago....here are the problem.
(3) He barks whenever we talk to my daughter but he behaves well when she is not at home...

Is the only solution to these behavior is to send him for obedience course or any advise from any experts here?

Thanks

Please don't take this the wrong way, but seems like he's asking for attention. I'm by all means no expert, but have this one neighbour that the dog barks a lot day and night, I feel very sorry for the dog. But also notice that the dog doesn't go out for walks that much, owner most of the time not home, dog barks whenever there's someone pass by their door, barks a lot whenever someone leave the house, etc.
Perhaps can try to play, walk with him a bit more and includes your daughter for those activities. Get your daughter to give him food/treats so he associate her with good things. Good luck.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
:s13::s13:

1) same as my dog.. i fail to teach him :( he been doing this 10year+
2) ur dog want to sleep with u...
3) ur tone?
4) who children?

Thanks

Swiftyz

Reaction score
He's afraid to be alone, he's very protective of your daughter.

Watch Cesar's videos for more tips on how to handle dogs!

sl-ss30h

Reaction score

my neighbor has a JRT that always bark at people outside. spent more than $1k on training. thing is the dog will obey the trainer but turn a deaf ear to others including the owner.

happytravelling

Reaction score

Thanks

isnt barking at neighbours or when people walk past quite normal?

sometimes when my doggie growl i know someone is nearby. i dont even need doorbell.

malaikai2005

Reaction score
Yes barking can be train
Needs alot of patience
My belated dog very rarely bark
When he barks means strangers at the door
He was so quiet even my neighbours forgets i have a dog
Wahaha

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.