Dont buy dogs from PETSHOPS, FARMS!! ADOPT INSTEAD!

apriliasiao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bo bian la. realistic abit la. ppl like specific breeds, just buy lo. adopt onli those few breeds available. den summore screening abit bo liao. odds is 100 to 1 adopting e particular dog, competition meh ? use $ buy what we want specific breed. happy plus song. no need think too much. 1 word those those stray or abandoned dogs, SUAY. this is life lo, human oso some handicapped or worst ppl out there . 1 word for them. SUAY. help also like that. god wants them to be punish in this way.

Ya maybe next life u end up like them. One word SWAY, god wants u to be punish in this way :s13:

heartbreak_hotel

Reaction score
bo bian la. realistic abit la. ppl like specific breeds, just buy lo. adopt onli those few breeds available. den summore screening abit bo liao. odds is 100 to 1 adopting e particular dog, competition meh ? use $ buy what we want specific breed. happy plus song. no need think too much. 1 word those those stray or abandoned dogs, SUAY. this is life lo, human oso some handicapped or worst ppl out there . 1 word for them. SUAY. help also like that. god wants them to be punish in this way.
obviously you're very ignorant. think before you post,you are an embarassment. who told you adopt only have a few breeds? who say screening is boliao? if don't screen those dogs go to wrong family or end up with someone who will in turn sell them for profit how?

when you made this post you "no need to think"? or you can't think? 1 word for you SUAY you don't even have the ability to think straight.

apriliasiao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually alot of ppl r like him, so self centred and only cares about themseleves.

Yowzer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
obviously you're very ignorant. think before you post,you are an embarassment. who told you adopt only have a few breeds? who say screening is boliao? if don't screen those dogs go to wrong family or end up with someone who will in turn sell them for profit how?

when you made this post you "no need to think"? or you can't think? 1 word for you SUAY you don't even have the ability to think straight.

actually alot of ppl r like him, so self centred and only cares about themseleves.

Just ignore him. These are the trolls who never do anything in real life. He's been going around raising anti-FT sentiments also. It's so obvious he's trying very hard to provoke others.

CoffeeCube

Reaction score
Yes, I support adoption.. Those poor animals should be the one deserving more love from us. By buying means we support the trade.
Btw, the forumner with a Maltese.. Very cute!

Stealth_PL

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
har then like that how am I ever going to get a dog?

I don't know which pet shop is reliable and which breeder is.

Can we have a list here? although we should encourage people to always adopt. but for people who insist on buying puppies, such list will be very useful and ensure that puppy mills and unethical pet shop people do not grow bigger.

we need to have a list like this, we can also include skc approved breeder with gd record. :D

kraftie

Reaction score
:sad: yeah.. i strongly support the act of adoption rather than just harshly jump into the buying decision just because some breeds of pets appear to be more appealing than the rest..

because pet shops or farms know they certain breed are highly sourced for they actually exploit the pets by keep letting them breed and only rear them for breeding purposes which i think in my personal opinion is super inhumane! :/

although i don't have dogs lah.. but i keep bunnies.. i think any pets shouldn't be kept for that purely breeding sake.. some shop owners breed until the animal can't breed already than abandon them or put them to sleep is like.. super disheartening..

yeahs.. sooo before even considering adoption.. ask yourself if you can really commit first..

bahbahboom

Reaction score
we need to have a list like this, we can also include skc approved breeder with gd record. :D

I recently enquired SKC regarding a list of reliable golden retriever breeders. however they replied saying that they do not have such list, only people who register the litters with them. Not sure if they'll have the list you want.

shawnnypancakes

Reaction score
:sad: yeah.. i strongly support the act of adoption rather than just harshly jump into the buying decision just because some breeds of pets appear to be more appealing than the rest..

because pet shops or farms know they certain breed are highly sourced for they actually exploit the pets by keep letting them breed and only rear them for breeding purposes which i think in my personal opinion is super inhumane! :/

although i don't have dogs lah.. but i keep bunnies.. i think any pets shouldn't be kept for that purely breeding sake.. some shop owners breed until the animal can't breed already than abandon them or put them to sleep is like.. super disheartening..

yeahs.. sooo before even considering adoption.. ask yourself if you can really commit first..

yeap totally agree!

xtrname

Reaction score
pup.stdeslim.jpg

Straits Times Story

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_638469.html

http://sgpuppies.com/

THE Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) and animal welfare groups went undercover to inspect 35 pet shops and farms across the island over November and December 2010.

The undercover operation - a follow-up to the 'Stop the Cruelty in Puppy Mills' campaign launched in October 2010 - found that a total of 19 out of 35 establishments did not comply with the Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority's (AVA) standards.

These establishments have been reported to the AVA. Conditions were lacking in many establishments, from improper flooring to small cages and unsatisfactory hygiene. The survey conducted by the animal welfare members found that 79 per cent of the establishments did not provide details about the puppy's parents when asked, while 84 per cent did not allow viewing of parents. When prompted by the welfare members with basic queries on whether they could see the puppies' parents, the enquirers received these responses 'for what...you are buying the puppy, not the parent', and 'if you can find another pet farm which allows you to see the parents, the pup is free'.

Most were not forthcoming with licence application information either, with all 13 pet farms and 33 per cent of the pet shops declining to help. A whopping 92 per cent of the farms and shops did not question prospective buyers on their knowledge of puppy care and very few shops were proactive in offering pet care tips.

Deirdre Moss, executive director of the SPCA, said: 'It is a case of puppies for profit and the results highlight the urgent need for setting higher industry standards and best practices, a robust licensing system and increasing rigorous enforcement for the trade.' The results from the undercover operation have been forwarded in a paper to the AVA with key recommendations such as improvements to flooring, abolishment of the use of water bottles, mandatory licensing at the point of sale, as well as proper counselling on pet care prior to any purchase of a pet.

Other recommendations include a, 'Think twice before you buy' poster (designed by welfare groups and endorsed by AVA) that should be prominently displayed in all shops and farms, and improvements to be made in all 19 premises that failed to meet AVA's standards. View the 'Stop the Cruelty in Puppy Mills' campaign website at http://sgpuppies.com

samsim25

Reaction score
Action for Singapore Dogs fundraiser

Hi,

Please support Action for Singapore Dogs a registered non-profit organisation whose main activities are dog adoption drives for abandoned and stray dogs - http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.197860280244921.48635.123581824339434

They will be setting up a fundraising stall at the Biennale Marketplace on the 23rd April, Sat, selling their dog-themed gifts :)

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001789432074

http://www.singaporebiennale.org/events.php#family

Do come down to give your support.

hydeist_

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i wanna get a golden retriever pup .. is it possible to adopt them ?

LindeyLu

Reaction score
But.....

what happens to these poor dogs when no one buys them? I have a pretty good idea about it. I think boycotting is not the way. Introducing proper legislation is. Start lobbying the politicians

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.