HELP required! - New Pomeranian pup keeps barking

Magicboo

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have recently bought a pomeranian boy, 11 weeks old. I am facing some behaviour issues and would like to seek for advises and solutions for.

1. Constant barking when: preparing his food and random non-stop yapping. The more we tried to stop him, the louder he barks

2. He is still not toilet trained, so when we tried to wipe his pee and poo, he will think that we are playing with him and tries to attack our hands. Even biting which, gets pretty rough

3. When we let him out of his pen, he tends to go overboard in playing and gets very crazy. (biting, tossing, barking, running and banging into things)

4. He loves sleeping on his pee tray which always make his fur wet and smelly.

Please kindly advise!

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
11week can bring home liao meh?
i tot need 12 week? (3mth) at least?

u need to train ur dog and dont spoilt him. training take mths.

sl-ss30h

Reaction score
looks like u got a nightmare. u need to find a very good trainer for yourself and puppy.

AristroCats

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have recently bought a pomeranian boy, 11 weeks old. I am facing some behaviour issues and would like to seek for advises and solutions for.

1. Constant barking when: preparing his food and random non-stop yapping. The more we tried to stop him, the louder he barks

2. He is still not toilet trained, so when we tried to wipe his pee and poo, he will think that we are playing with him and tries to attack our hands. Even biting which, gets pretty rough

3. When we let him out of his pen, he tends to go overboard in playing and gets very crazy. (biting, tossing, barking, running and banging into things)

Please kindly advise!

...I'm sorry to be blunt here, but he's a puppy, no different than a baby. Can you stop a baby from crying ever? Can a baby go to toilet by himself? Can you stop a baby from being curious and wanting to play with things they're not supposed to and at times that is not suitable for us?
No.
Same with puppies. It takes time and training. Be patient, be kind, love him the way you will love your children in the future.

aHGer83

Master Member
Reaction score
11week can bring home liao meh?
i tot need 12 week? (3mth) at least?

u need to train ur dog and dont spoilt him. training take mths.

backyard breeder... i foresee a lot of health issues with this little one

aHGer83

Master Member
Reaction score

>>> the louder u shout, the louder i shout. humans and animals are the same. if u can keep calm and not shout at an infant, y would u shout at a puppy?

>>> u can toilet train him. wiping butt is very new to him, hence the discomfort. try to wipe his butt in a more comfy way or let him know that u are doing this for his own good.

>>> all babies react the same. a human infant/toddler also throw things around. human babies will grow up and listen to u or monkey see monkey do, they see u keep toys, they do so. u ask them to keep toys, they will do so. animals, on the other hand, u will have to keep the toys that u are playing with them.

>>> if u have another save spot for him, he wont be doing this any more.
at this stage, he is very insecure. imagine a human baby being separated from his mom at a very young age.

eatanddrink

Reaction score
Hi All,

===>This seems to be related to demand barking. http://www.petwave.com/Dogs/Behavior/Demand-Barking.aspx

Don't shout at him to stop yelping. He will just bark back and the two of you will be in a yelling match. Best way to correct is to stop what you are doing (eg preparing food) and tell him firmly to stop; take a seat and ignore him if he keeps barking. Only resume preparing the food when he quiet down and praise him. When he starts barking again as you prepare the food, stop and repeat the above steps. Gotta repeat this whole tedious cycle until he learns that he cannot demand bark at you and he has to wait even longer for his food. It is very very tedious but if you dun bite the bullet, the habit of barking will become more entrenched and fierce.

My dog used to bark when I prepare his food. He got the message after we practiced this with him for a few days.

==========> Biting your hands is serious. Must scold him and discipline him for that. Perhaps outside of these times that he misbehaves, spend more time playing with him to bond with him and build up trust, so that it is easier to get him to obey you.

==========>When you let your dog out of his pen, suggest you can try to make sure he is calm before you let him out. Scold him and get him to keep quiet/sit before you open the door. Once he starts getting overly excited as you open the door, shut the door.

==========> Maybe give him a cozy bed in the pen, so that he will choose the bed to lie on.

Please kindly advise!

1stmac

Reaction score
@Magicboo, have you tried the suggestions?
How's your boy responding?

Pommies are very cute and lovable.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.