HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommended Cat Food & Shops in Singapore

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2011, 03:24 PM   #151

I think its ok as long as you mix/rotate among 2-3 of the better brands. There's no perfect diet & staying on 1 brand exclusive may result in some issue in the long term.

The condition of the cats change as they grow older or develop new health problems. So the diet which worked for them growing up may no longer be suitable. Most importantly, observe how the diet is affecting their general health and adapt accordingly.

@xtrname & others,

Thank you. I was going to buy from Pets Station, but after reading this thread, I am NOT going to. I have also read the link you pasted about their treatment of cats.

Anyways, what do you feed your cats? And do you know where I can buy Blue Buffalo Wilderness dry cat food? I can't seem to find it at online shops anywhere.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:39 PM   #152

Any reviews about Pet Tales in Jalan Eunos? I heard they breed their cats at their backyard. Can anyone confirm this?

Though I have a friend who bought a ragamuffin kitten there. She bought it at $800. The moment I looked at the kitten, I knew it was sick. I could see the kitten's spirit was kinda down, and she wasn't behaving like a playful kitten, more like an old washed up cat. Anyways, it turned out she was a really sick kitten. She was malnourished and had an stomach infection. My friend ended up boarding her to the animal hospital and ended up paying about $400+ for her to get well. Now she is better and almost a year old. Thank God.

Anyways, I have always been buying my cats' food there. If it is true that they breed their cats, then I will have to stop going to them. Not to mention that some of the toys they sell are old and need replacing. Condition of the shop not satisfactory either.

Last edited by anne.jailani; 01-07-2011 at 03:41 PM..
anne.jailani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:31 AM   #153

hey guys, is it cheaper to get pet food in KL? I'm here and can't seem to find any pet shop nearby. Went down to Midvalley yesterday and their food isn't that cheap. Orijen costs about $85 for the big pack. Worth it? Hmmm...

didnt get from them as I dont like the way they treat the pets..
Old 03-07-2011, 10:28 PM   #154

@xtrname & others,

Thank you. I was going to buy from Pets Station, but after reading this thread, I am NOT going to. I have also read the link you pasted about their treatment of cats.

Anyways, what do you feed your cats? And do you know where I can buy Blue Buffalo Wilderness dry cat food? I can't seem to find it at online shops anywhere.
Im feeding solid gold Indigo Moon due to the large no. of cats i have. There are better ones but much more expensive on a per kg cost. All my cats seem to take to it well.

Can try polypet for the less common brands like Blue Buffalo. Have to call & ask. Think i saw it before.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=1960476
xtrname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:08 PM   #155

Im feeding solid gold Indigo Moon due to the large no. of cats i have. There are better ones but much more expensive on a per kg cost. All my cats seem to take to it well.

Can try polypet for the less common brands like Blue Buffalo. Have to call & ask. Think i saw it before.

Dear xtraname,

Thank you! I got the number already, googled it off the net. I know some online shops sell Blue Buffalo but only for dogs. =/ Have yet to find cat food with the same brand.

Last edited by anne.jailani; 06-07-2011 at 04:40 PM..
Old 06-07-2011, 11:16 PM   #156

Update: I started feeding Taste of the Wild dry food to my cat, and she loves it too! I think this brand seriously has something going for it. I ordered orijen too, will try it out on her soon.
tethysea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:54 AM   #157

"Hello Anne,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us with your question.

On November 20, 2008, Champion Petfoods announced a voluntary recall of its ORIJEN Cat food brand sold in Australia. The recall was restricted to AUSTRALIA ONLY and was issued in response to reports from the Australian veterinary community of cats showing symptoms of a neurological syndrome after consuming ORIJEN CAT food.

The recall was unique to Australia and did not affect any of the other 50 countries to which ORIJEN is exported. The Australian cases resulted from the high-level irradiation (exceeding 50kGY) applied to ORIJEN upon entering Australia. Champion Petfoods no longer exports or sells its ORIJEN pet foods in Australia nor do we sell our products to any country that requires the irradiation process.

The Australian government has officially accepted that irradiation applied to ORIJEN was indeed the cause of the problem with the Australian cats, and has now banned the practice of irradiating cat foods entirely.

You can feed ORIJEN to your cat in confidence that it is not irradiated. I hope that I have been helpful and please contact us again with any further questions or concerns that you may have.

Kind regards,
Diana
Customer Care Representative
Champion Petfoods LP
Toll Free 877-939-0006

championpetfoods.com

ORIJEN 80.20 IS PET FOOD OF THE YEAR 2011-2012 FOR THE 3RD CONSECUTIVE YEAR!
CERTIFIED BY THE GLYCEMIC RESEARCH INSTITUTE of WASHINGTON, DC
"

Above is the reply I got from ORIJEN representative. So I guess Singapore is unaffected. I will try this for my cat and see whether he likes it. He is currently on TOTW and he loves it, he is really beefy but not fat. Stools looks good and smell is minimized. Fur shedding less too except for really hot days. He's been on TOTW for about 6mths (maybe more) now.

Last edited by anne.jailani; 07-07-2011 at 10:56 AM..
Old 01-09-2011, 09:11 AM   #158
High Supremacy Member

wow this is gd information.. but only for cat

where you get the chart?
harky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:18 PM   #159
Arch-Supremacy Member

Giving away CAT FOOD! priority to community cats feeders. in pack of 4lbs
http://www.solidgoldnorthwest.com/pr...ro_indigo.html
those interested email: pineappletortoise@gmail.com
Old 11-09-2011, 07:05 AM   #160
Supremacy Member

@xtrname & others,

I saw this going browsing online shops.

http://www.thewaterdish.com.sg/brands.html?cat=167
Yowzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:05 PM   #161
Arch-Supremacy Member

http://www.pawfamily.sg/
i buy from here. knowing i feed community cats they gave me samples. free delivery
Old 11-09-2011, 08:18 PM   #162
Arch-Supremacy Member

btw currently feeding them solid gold indigo moon. can recommend me cheaper alternatives? feeding about 20 community cats
Old 13-09-2011, 10:01 AM   #163

My cat is taking Solid Gold Indigo Moon also... after changing from Wellness Core..

My cat has a peculiar habit though which I dunno if u guys have the same problem.. She always wants me to accompany her to eat her dry food.. so i have to pour some for her to eat..

and she doesn't like to eat those leftovers from few hours ago maybe because her saliva was on those older biscuits.

She also doesnt like eating from the plates, so i have to change papers everyday for her food

anyone has the same situation with me?
metallickgoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2011, 10:37 AM   #164
Honorary Member

My cat is taking Solid Gold Indigo Moon also... after changing from Wellness Core..

My cat has a peculiar habit though which I dunno if u guys have the same problem.. She always wants me to accompany her to eat her dry food.. so i have to pour some for her to eat..

and she doesn't like to eat those leftovers from few hours ago maybe because her saliva was on those older biscuits.

She also doesnt like eating from the plates, so i have to change papers everyday for her food

anyone has the same situation with me?
did you keep doing that when she was young? i think it has become a habit.

just make sure you feed in regular timings. if you want to change her habit, just put the food in the plate/bowl and leave her as it is, if she is hungry, she will eat.
Old 13-09-2011, 10:37 AM   #165
Honorary Member

http://www.pawfamily.sg/
i buy from here. knowing i feed community cats they gave me samples. free delivery
dont have orijens
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.