HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommended Cat Food & Shops in Singapore

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2012, 10:05 PM   #211

I am using the brand Sheba and is serving my cat well. Boycotted Fancy Feast due to the fact my cat vomitted when he ate it.

For Dry, I am using Whiskas Oceanfish.

I am more scaled toward these 2 brands as the they are Waltham certified, unlike other brands that test on live animals.
chrislzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2012, 10:37 PM   #212
Arch-Supremacy Member

I wont recommend Whiskas. I have seen 4 cats that had Whiskas diet developed crystals in their urinary system. After being put on S/D by Hill's and some ancillary treatment, they all got better.
Old 15-08-2012, 03:57 AM   #213
Supremacy Member

Any other brand is likely to give better results than Friskies & Whiskas. They are colored. This is already unnecessary chemicals to be consumed. Cats don't care about colors, it's to attract humans. Almost all pet food will state they are nutritionally balanced but may contain harmful additives also. Other than possibly some of Science Diet's prescription ones, it's probably best to be wary of them in general. Owners should do some own research, a lot of negatives on them. Likewise for any other brands.
Yowzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #214
Arch-Supremacy Member

anybody knows where can i get cheap pine litter?
I got half a sack u want? PM me...i can give i free..

My whitney female cat refuse to do her business on pine.insist on sand..she literally **** and pee on the sofa
Didjerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2012, 01:36 PM   #215
Arch-Supremacy Member

Someone posted on their cats sick of solid gold.

I highly recommend mixing brands together. For me incurretly mixing orijen,solid gold and totw..

Learn to give more of each branch and less ofnothers and rotate
Old 15-08-2012, 02:13 PM   #216
Arch-Supremacy Member

ahaha my cat when kitten, we fed it Whiskas...
After being told by a good hearted policeman that Whiskas not good, will cause kidney problems later in cat life so changed to Science Diet.. but my cat puke puke on that...

Subsequently changed so many brands... right now if feed my cat Whiskas he smell and leave it alone... wun eat it anymore... taste upgraded :p
Old 15-08-2012, 03:52 PM   #217
Arch-Supremacy Member

Any other brand is likely to give better results than Friskies & Whiskas. They are colored. This is already unnecessary chemicals to be consumed. Cats don't care about colors, it's to attract humans. Almost all pet food will state they are nutritionally balanced but may contain harmful additives also. Other than possibly some of Science Diet's prescription ones, it's probably best to be wary of them in general. Owners should do some own research, a lot of negatives on them. Likewise for any other brands.
Like what?
Old 15-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #218
Arch-Supremacy Member

Do u guys feed wheat grass to ur cats for digestion??
Old 16-08-2012, 02:27 AM   #219
Supremacy Member

Like what?
Read from the start of this thread.
Old 16-08-2012, 02:57 AM   #220
Supremacy Member

ahaha my cat when kitten, we fed it Whiskas...
After being told by a good hearted policeman that Whiskas not good, will cause kidney problems later in cat life so changed to Science Diet.. but my cat puke puke on that...

Subsequently changed so many brands... right now if feed my cat Whiskas he smell and leave it alone... wun eat it anymore... taste upgraded :p
What is suitable for one cat may not be for another.

But anyway, your cat is smart. Whiskas & friskies & the like are very saltish. Intentionally prepared that way to stimulate their appetite. Very harmful in the long term. Some of Science Diet's prescription range is formulated to target specific ailments, so I guess it should have its uses in those cases. But I'll play safe & stay clear of them as a general diet.
Old 16-08-2012, 03:52 PM   #221
Arch-Supremacy Member

Read from the start of this thread.
I much prefer to see what evidence you cite for 'harmful additives' is added to pet food. The one you mentioned in page one of this thread deals with the melamine tainted pet food. Melamine is not a food additive routinely added to any food at all
Old 17-08-2012, 04:29 AM   #222
Supremacy Member

Already here I have just conveniently mentioned excessive color agents & intentionally salted food. Strangely, that didn't register. That's why it's better you search on your own for whatever purposes. Things like the harmful effects of a high salt diet can be easily found.
Old 17-08-2012, 08:15 AM   #223
Arch-Supremacy Member

Already here I have just conveniently mentioned excessive color agents & intentionally salted food. Strangely, that didn't register. That's why it's better you search on your own for whatever purposes. Things like the harmful effects of a high salt diet can be easily found.
I find your allegations of "harmful additives" questionable, hence my request that you show evidence for it. You side track and mention "excessive" colouring agents and insinuate that pet foods are "intentionally" salted for consumption. I think you need to be able to defend your stance before throwing it on the floor.

My question is:
1) If pet food are highly salted, against what benchmark do you measure salt consumption in companion animals?

2) What kind of "harmful additives" are added to pet food?
Old 17-08-2012, 09:21 AM   #224
High Supremacy Member

There's a brand of dry cat food named: ProNature selling at Pet lovers Centre. It costs $45 for a bag of 2.25kg, $7 for a sample pack. The pet lover centre staff was promoting it and said it contains premium ingredients. Anyone tried tat brand for their cats???
Old 18-08-2012, 02:25 AM   #225

I stopped going to pet lover centre after I worked part time there and the staffs there are suppose to bad mouth all other brands and get the customers to buy the brands that give them the most margin.

They don't care about the pets. They are just money grabber.so sick of them
chrislzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.