Recommended Cat Food & Shops in Singapore

Zink00

Reaction score
Beware of moby’s petshop. They block all comments and reviews... if u search on facebook many people complain.

Sugarcoated

Reaction score
Wet food I give Sheba

Hi does your cat still eats Sheba wet food? We bought 2 boxes of it and my cat don't seem to like it. Hoping we could give away to any feeders or resell it at a way cheaper price instead of throwing it.

MIVEC525

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi does your cat still eats Sheba wet food? We bought 2 boxes of it and my cat don't seem to like it. Hoping we could give away to any feeders or resell it at a way cheaper price instead of throwing it.

Give me i feed my seven com cats....

gtreds

Master Member
Reaction score
any good cat shops to recommend in the west area?
The one and only polypet located at clementi.You can find anything and everything there.prices are quite competitive too

Sent from OnePlus GM1910 using GAGT

tamtam23

Reaction score
The one and only polypet located at clementi.You can find anything and everything there.prices are quite competitive too

Sent from OnePlus GM1910 using GAGT

ah thank you! I'll definitely check it out when I'm in the area.

jenn09

Reaction score
Are there any cat food or treats that is healthier for old cats? Any recommendations?

iamleroy

Reaction score
Are there any cat food or treats that is healthier for old cats? Any recommendations?

A lot cat food in the market quite bad, you need to learn how to read ingredient label as well as understand the eating anatomy of cat otherwise you will just keep choose the bad food.

iamleroy

Reaction score
Hi all, I adopted a ginger stray car 3 months back. Gone to the vet and done the necessary vaccine. But this 2yo cat has been biting his hair off & vet said he has behavioural issues, either too bored or too anxious. We applied the mediciation for the hair but he is still biting his hair off. He has been also biting our legs, like jumping and wrapping his paws over our leg and bite. Not those painful kind but it is a behaviour that I would like to stop. Any suggestions? Vet said bring to trainer??

From reading the threads, I understand that Science diet is not recommended as the quality is no longer as good as before? I am feeding him ScienceDiet Indoor as recommended by vet. I am thinking of changing to Solid Gold Indigo. Wet foods, I am giving a mixture of chicken / fish mixed with wet can food from Wellness. Any other brands that you all can recommend? Wellness can be abit heavy on the pocket.

There's a lot better food than Science diet, if want wet food KAKATO is really good, dry kibble you can try ORIJEN or ACANA.

It's better to understand the ingredient label and also cat should eat what. Biologically they're obligate carnivore so they strive on meat, not those filler ingredients.

elisabethk

Reaction score
New cat parent here! I'm going to be bringing home a 2+ month old kitten in a few weeks' time. He's a ragdoll and siberian forest mix. Have been shopping around for supplies and have bought an auto feeder, water fountain (both from petkit), scratchers and a food bowl so far.

I know I have to get his litter box, litter, carrier as well as his food too before he arrives. The current owners have been feeding the litter of kittens dry kibble from royal canin but I've seen quite a lot of mixed reviews online so not too sure whether I should switch or carry on with that brand. I heard orijen and acana are really good for adult cats but not too sure about kittens. Does anyone have any recommendations for both dry and wet food? Also, am I missing any other supplies I need?

snip82

Reaction score
New cat parent here! I'm going to be bringing home a 2+ month old kitten in a few weeks' time. He's a ragdoll and siberian forest mix. Have been shopping around for supplies and have bought an auto feeder, water fountain (both from petkit), scratchers and a food bowl so far.

I know I have to get his litter box, litter, carrier as well as his food too before he arrives. The current owners have been feeding the litter of kittens dry kibble from royal canin but I've seen quite a lot of mixed reviews online so not too sure whether I should switch or carry on with that brand. I heard orijen and acana are really good for adult cats but not too sure about kittens. Does anyone have any recommendations for both dry and wet food? Also, am I missing any other supplies I need?
I also bought the royal canin, it quite oily, I plan to change out after finishes, to Acane pink one for kitten and taste of wild which they have for all age grp

meistman

Reaction score
Hi, our adopted 1.5yo cat (domestic breed) has been on Indoor 27 dry food diet for the last 6 mo.

wondering if there are 'cheaper' alternatives that provide just as good nutrition; if there's such a thing.

Also we have been using Emily tofu cat litter ; also looking for cheaper alternatives if any. Top criteria is odour control and clumping as secondary - reason is our kitchen windows are closed at nights and therefore prefer the litter odour control to be effective yet not too expensive.

Reaction score
Hi, our adopted 1.5yo cat (domestic breed) has been on Indoor 27 dry food diet for the last 6 mo.

wondering if there are 'cheaper' alternatives that provide just as good nutrition; if there's such a thing.

Also we have been using Emily tofu cat litter ; also looking for cheaper alternatives if any. Top criteria is odour control and clumping as secondary - reason is our kitchen windows are closed at nights and therefore prefer the litter odour control to be effective yet not too expensive.

Hello, think most ppl will advise u not to give ur cat all dry food. Cos dry food (from any brands) doesn't contain enough protein for cats as dry food is predominantly made from carbs like corn. Cats need an all-protein diet, too much carbs will cause health issues down the road. Mix of wet and dry (for the convenience) will be more ideal.

Can also see this post if u r open to adjusting e diet for ur cat:
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/help-about-cat-food.6832745/post-144683773

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.