Recommended Cat Food & Shops in Singapore

Yowzer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need to know the ingredient list to know good or not. Given by the price and from petstation its probably friskies standard or worse. Another killer food.

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A place to get frozen meat for your cats to engineer your porken, mouseken or beefken prey model food.

http://www.bhfreshfood.com/retail.htm

I believe you got to ask them. They got pet grade food! Their retail stores are Mmmm! But if you do drive or can find time to get down to the address in the webpage, do get the frozen stuff.

terrykorkor

Reaction score
lol who said own cooked food is the best?
own cooked food lack too much nutrional value dry packed food have, and cooked food(most probably wet food) have common problem of having pet with bad oral hygience. of course if u really care to brush your pet teeth that often that it's another issue.

and one more thing, if your pet like and chiong for some particular brand of food, the answer is most of the time, it's most salty then the others, and of course it's not a good choose for your pet in long run.

RobinTeoHood

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
own cooked food lack too much nutrional value dry packed food have, and cooked food(most probably wet food) have common problem of having pet with bad oral hygience. of course if u really care to brush your pet teeth that often that it's another issue.

and one more thing, if your pet like and chiong for some particular brand of food, the answer is most of the time, it's most salty then the others, and of course it's not a good choose for your pet in long run.

All the research & studies have shown BARF and then natural, cooked food is still much better than dry packed food. If you literally take raw or cooked food meaning cooked plain rice or similar of course there is not enough nutrition. It refers to a balanced diet consisting of different nutrition groups. Long consumption of dry processed/packed food, kibbles are harmful & always be a poor substitute

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

My cat is not having cooked food. He is eating raw. Like what his ancestors did in the wild and until ancient times domestication eating vermin.

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OK Found out more about BH Freshfood's "pet grade" meat.

When they do cuts of meat for human consumption, there are bits and pieces they cannot sell. So what they do is have them ground up.

So this ground up meat looks like the consistency of your "paste" type canned cat food. They sell around $2 for 2kg! :o

I doubt there is bone in them so you still got to supplement calcium. Then for dental health, I suggest supplementing with cut meat chunks for them to chew.

tatsit

Honorary Member
Reaction score
OK Found out more about BH Freshfood's "pet grade" meat.

When they do cuts of meat for human consumption, there are bits and pieces they cannot sell. So what they do is have them ground up.

So this ground up meat looks like the consistency of your "paste" type canned cat food. They sell around $2 for 2kg! :o

I doubt there is bone in them so you still got to supplement calcium. Then for dental health, I suggest supplementing with cut meat chunks for them to chew.
Eh? I always go BH Freshfood to buy meat for own consumption, i dont see any pet grade meat there

How do you go there to request that from them?

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What about bacteria problems?

Bacteria is a problem to US. Not a problem to CATs.

The whole idea is to have as fresh a kill as possible. I serve my cat the meat cold from the fridge. He eats it. Not as if he got a choice :s22:

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i see..

how do i tell them?

so i just serve the minced meat to my cat like that?

Tell them that you are looking for this kind of "pet food" grade ground meat.

Actually cannot just feed your cat like that. These ground stuff are not fortified and incomplete. You got to supplement. So if you can add additional meat chunks it will be good. Pork heart, liver and gizzards will be good.

But if you don't want to supplement don't completely give up kibble since they have the taurine and stuff they need.

tatsit

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Tell them that you are looking for this kind of "pet food" grade ground meat.

Actually cannot just feed your cat like that. These ground stuff are not fortified and incomplete. You got to supplement. So if you can add additional meat chunks it will be good. Pork heart, liver and gizzards will be good.

But if you don't want to supplement don't completely give up kibble since they have the taurine and stuff they need.
Nice.. thanks a lot.

As for pork heart, liver and gizzards, where can i get them? And do I feed the innards raw too?

Last edited:

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi bros, i have checked wif the pet shop near my workplace, they onli have Solid Gold: Katz-n-Flocken Cat Food (lamb)

thumb_4.jpg

http://www.solidgoldhealth.com/products/?product=4&code=130

Is this a new flavour? I'm looking for Solid Gold indigo moon, I wanna buy the 4lb smaller pack and let my cats try. Do u know any shops selling the 4lb pack?? Thks

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice.. thanks a lot.

As for pork heart, liver and gizzards, where can i get them? And do I feed the innards raw too?

Liver is soft. Heart and gizzards are hard. You got to cut them to bite sized chunks for your cat. Some cats are lazy some cats work hard. So the size depends on your cat. I feed my cat this raw chunks.

I use pork liver. Gizzards can be found in any supermarket. Very tough meat. Heart is also a tough muscle. Your cat has to chew hard on these. I use pork heart because it is easier to find. Depends on your nearby butcher whether hearts are available.

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi bros, i have checked wif the pet shop near my workplace, they onli have Solid Gold: Katz-n-Flocken Cat Food (lamb)

thumb_4.jpg

http://www.solidgoldhealth.com/products/?product=4&code=130

Is this a new flavour? I'm looking for Solid Gold indigo moon, I wanna buy the 4lb smaller pack and let my cats try. Do u know any shops selling the 4lb pack?? Thks

Katz and Flocken is poorer nutritionally compared to Indigo Moon. Not new flavor. Around for some time.

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OK I just came back from a raid to BH Freshfood. $3 for 2kg of "pet food".

This is frozen stuff. Not on their display cabinets. Tell the cashier or if the cashier is blur, call the store manager on duty. The stuff is in their freezer room. The term they use is PET FOOD. So ask them for PET FOOD.

Muslim cat owners beware. The pet food are from cuts from all the meat that didn't make it to the display cabinets. I really mean all the meat. Pork included.

They might have limited stocks as well. So do yourself and them a favor, bring home a sirloin or wagyu steak as well. :D Did I mention their Kurobuto pork sausages are great?

Bring along an insulated bag or something to keep the stuff cold. They accept NETS and cash only.

I have some now and maybe take some time to engineer a frankenprey recipe.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.