HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommended Cat Food & Shops in Singapore

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-11-2010, 07:38 PM   #76
Supremacy Member

my cats don't like SolidGold Indigo Moon..they always vomit after eating..Orijen doesn't seem to be tasty to them and they don't really like..they prefer Taste Of The Wild
DarthRevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2010, 10:29 PM   #77
Honorary Member

Greetings Everyone,

Just got a kitten not too long ago, its been 3months now, Tiger's (non-standard munchkin) 6months old.

I've been feeding him Solid Gold - Indigo moon + Royal Canin Indoor, as recommended by the breeder. Tiger doesnt have any problems finishing every bowl.

But I was recently in KL and I visited a pet store in Megamall Midvalley and the didn't have Solid Gold range of Cat food. Neither did they have Royal Canin - Indoor.

They did however, have Orijen and Royal Canin - Fit32 in 7kg packs. Interms of cost savings, man, its about 40% cheaper than most pet stores in SGP.

Question is, being a typical Kiasu and a little ignorant (interms of Cat nutrition), I'm afraid Tiger might not be receiving the same amount of nutrition as the Indigomoon+RoyalCaninIndoor combi. Do I need to Mix Orijen with Royal Canin- Fit32, or would Orijen itself be sufficient to cover a 6mth old kitten's nutritional requirements?

I would like to stick to Orijen since its has been recommened in this thread and I can save $$$ everytime I get it from Malaysia.
how to go to that place? i'm interested also, since i feed my cat orijen
Old 30-11-2010, 01:01 PM   #78

how to go to that place? i'm interested also, since i feed my cat orijen
Its the Pet store in Megamall Midvalley, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Where hotels Boulevard and Cititel are.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:30 AM   #79
High Supremacy Member

Once my current dry food finishes, i will buy the small pack of Solid Gold indigo Moon for the cats. If they seem to like it, then i will buy the big pack.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:16 PM   #80

Any pet hotels to recommend for cats?
chibiryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:51 PM   #81
Arch-Supremacy Member

have any of u guys tried/heard of this brand before?

seems v cheap compared to the typical?

http://www.petsstation.com.sg/index....d=55&Itemid=81
AshleyRiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:30 PM   #82
Supremacy Member

Need to know the ingredient list to know good or not. Given by the price and from petstation its probably friskies standard or worse. Another killer food.
Yowzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2010, 09:09 PM   #83
Master Member

have any of u guys tried/heard of this brand before?

seems v cheap compared to the typical?

http://www.petsstation.com.sg/index....d=55&Itemid=81
I got that before. Dont get it. It's just like friskies/whiskas - crappy ingredients.
Old 28-12-2010, 03:55 PM   #84
High Supremacy Member

A place to get frozen meat for your cats to engineer your porken, mouseken or beefken prey model food.

http://www.bhfreshfood.com/retail.htm

I believe you got to ask them. They got pet grade food! Their retail stores are Mmmm! But if you do drive or can find time to get down to the address in the webpage, do get the frozen stuff.
genie47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2010, 04:41 PM   #85

lol who said own cooked food is the best?
own cooked food lack too much nutrional value dry packed food have, and cooked food(most probably wet food) have common problem of having pet with bad oral hygience. of course if u really care to brush your pet teeth that often that it's another issue.

and one more thing, if your pet like and chiong for some particular brand of food, the answer is most of the time, it's most salty then the others, and of course it's not a good choose for your pet in long run.
terrykorkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2010, 02:27 AM   #86
Arch-Supremacy Member

own cooked food lack too much nutrional value dry packed food have, and cooked food(most probably wet food) have common problem of having pet with bad oral hygience. of course if u really care to brush your pet teeth that often that it's another issue.

and one more thing, if your pet like and chiong for some particular brand of food, the answer is most of the time, it's most salty then the others, and of course it's not a good choose for your pet in long run.
All the research & studies have shown BARF and then natural, cooked food is still much better than dry packed food. If you literally take raw or cooked food meaning cooked plain rice or similar of course there is not enough nutrition. It refers to a balanced diet consisting of different nutrition groups. Long consumption of dry processed/packed food, kibbles are harmful & always be a poor substitute
RobinTeoHood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2010, 08:41 AM   #87
High Supremacy Member

My cat is not having cooked food. He is eating raw. Like what his ancestors did in the wild and until ancient times domestication eating vermin.
Old 29-12-2010, 09:12 AM   #88
High Supremacy Member

OK Found out more about BH Freshfood's "pet grade" meat.

When they do cuts of meat for human consumption, there are bits and pieces they cannot sell. So what they do is have them ground up.

So this ground up meat looks like the consistency of your "paste" type canned cat food. They sell around $2 for 2kg!

I doubt there is bone in them so you still got to supplement calcium. Then for dental health, I suggest supplementing with cut meat chunks for them to chew.
Old 29-12-2010, 01:56 PM   #89
Honorary Member

OK Found out more about BH Freshfood's "pet grade" meat.

When they do cuts of meat for human consumption, there are bits and pieces they cannot sell. So what they do is have them ground up.

So this ground up meat looks like the consistency of your "paste" type canned cat food. They sell around $2 for 2kg!

I doubt there is bone in them so you still got to supplement calcium. Then for dental health, I suggest supplementing with cut meat chunks for them to chew.
Eh? I always go BH Freshfood to buy meat for own consumption, i dont see any pet grade meat there

How do you go there to request that from them?
Old 29-12-2010, 01:56 PM   #90
Honorary Member

My cat is not having cooked food. He is eating raw. Like what his ancestors did in the wild and until ancient times domestication eating vermin.
What about bacteria problems?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.