Recommended Cat Food & Shops in Singapore

tatsit

Honorary Member
Reaction score
OK I just came back from a raid to BH Freshfood. $3 for 2kg of "pet food".

This is frozen stuff. Not on their display cabinets. Tell the cashier or if the cashier is blur, call the store manager on duty. The stuff is in their freezer room. The term they use is PET FOOD. So ask them for PET FOOD.

Muslim cat owners beware. The pet food are from cuts from all the meat that didn't make it to the display cabinets. I really mean all the meat. Pork included.

They might have limited stocks as well. So do yourself and them a favor, bring home a sirloin or wagyu steak as well. :D Did I mention their Kurobuto pork sausages are great?

Bring along an insulated bag or something to keep the stuff cold. They accept NETS and cash only.

I have some now and maybe take some time to engineer a frankenprey recipe.
sic your frankenprey recipe :D

Anyway, BH Freshfood MMMM outlet is closing, according to the notice outside. But they paste it there since october, and it is still open. I wonder the other MMMM outlet has pet food or not.

Their wagyu having promo right? I think their less marbled one costs $6+ per 100g.. I waiting for the angus beef to be on promo again, cant afford the wagyu :(

Yup, the kurobuta pork is good. Had the belly strips for xmas grill, its nice

Tsystem

Reaction score
is it cheaper to buy dry cat food in malaysia?

I posted earlier somewhere in this thread.

To answer your question, yes, it is cheaper to buy dry cat food i malaysia. However, I've only found and purchased dryfood from a pet store in Megamall mid valley, Kuala lumpur.

Any forumers here know of any pet stores in Johore bahru, can share the place and address? Coz I dont travel to KL that frequently.

Hendrix

Reaction score
the other time i was at a pet shop somewhere in jb. they were selling the big royal canin pack at RM210.

Yowzer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think its average as a dry cat food. Probably need to mix with other forms of food in their diet. But certainly better than friskies & hill's science diet stuff

goaheadbingostan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
am typing this with a concern. raw meat is good for cats, enzymes & nutritional values are intact. Caution to give it straight to the cat from the freezer. convenience for you but bad for the liver of the cat. one of my cats suffers fits after eating cold meat. my fault as I haven't thawed it properly in the hot water. Now I cut lines on the meat to make sure heat goes inside the meat - thaw the meat inside out.

I email to a holistic vet in U.S. and he agrees cold food can harm the liver of a cat & the 'fit episode' my cat suffers is not unusual.

catluver> hope it's not too late, can you call pet station to inquire about solid gold? my cats have tried the purple/lamb pack.

Keezie

Reaction score
Theres one pet shop opposite temasek poly. Sells pet food very cheaply. Check it out. Thats where i go to buy my pet food.

Yowzer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buy either from 'The waterdish' or polypet. I patronise both of them. Waterdish is run by some students & strictly online purchase & deliver to house. Polypet is at Sunset Way, Clementi.

Avoid Pet Station & Pet Lover's centre. Especially Pet station, who uses breeding dogs & sells animals with disregard. There have been several complaints about them concerning animal abuse issues.

Yowzer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
am typing this with a concern. raw meat is good for cats, enzymes & nutritional values are intact. Caution to give it straight to the cat from the freezer. convenience for you but bad for the liver of the cat. one of my cats suffers fits after eating cold meat. my fault as I haven't thawed it properly in the hot water. Now I cut lines on the meat to make sure heat goes inside the meat - thaw the meat inside out.

I email to a holistic vet in U.S. and he agrees cold food can harm the liver of a cat & the 'fit episode' my cat suffers is not unusual.

catluver> hope it's not too late, can you call pet station to inquire about solid gold? my cats have tried the purple/lamb pack.

Actually this should be quite obvious but many people don't realize. The point of feeding raw or barf is to mimick a cats natural diet in the wild as closely as possible. Im sure they don't eat frozen or cold food in the wild.

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

i went to polypets last week and bot 1 big pack of Solid Gold indigo Moon. My stray cats love it. At home 2 of my cats will eat it occasionally.

Original price was $79.90. If home delivery will be 20% discount. but carry on the spot is 25% discount. I just cash and carry, and it cost me $59.20 i think. Also i asked the uncle to pack into smaller pack for me.

writetodonkey

Master Member
Reaction score
I posted earlier somewhere in this thread.

To answer your question, yes, it is cheaper to buy dry cat food i malaysia. However, I've only found and purchased dryfood from a pet store in Megamall mid valley, Kuala lumpur.

Any forumers here know of any pet stores in Johore bahru, can share the place and address? Coz I dont travel to KL that frequently.

Yeah ... cat and dog food in JB is cheaper. But i will advise against buying those from the supermarket as usually, they carry lower grade food.

In JB, i usually drive to Permas Jaya, there is quite a big pet shop there plus various vet nearby. Sorry, i don't remember the name of the shop but I will get the name card in my next trip there.

Nearer to causeway would be one near Leisure Mall, EVO, with a green signboard. He has beautiful chiwawa in his shop.

Both are friendly and can give good advise. They carry most major brand you find in SG. Price wise is definately much cheaper than SG. But do note that custom has a restriction on the amount of dog/cat food you can bring to SG.

Jurlique

Master Member
Reaction score
sian! bought the raw pet grade food from BH freshfood but my cat isnt interested to eat it. odd though cos he ate raw beef before (which he stole when i was chopping hahaha)

how to make him eat it ah? i mixed with his dry food but he lick lick only.

tatsit

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Yeah ... cat and dog food in JB is cheaper. But i will advise against buying those from the supermarket as usually, they carry lower grade food.

In JB, i usually drive to Permas Jaya, there is quite a big pet shop there plus various vet nearby. Sorry, i don't remember the name of the shop but I will get the name card in my next trip there.

Nearer to causeway would be one near Leisure Mall, EVO, with a green signboard. He has beautiful chiwawa in his shop.

Both are friendly and can give good advise. They carry most major brand you find in SG. Price wise is definately much cheaper than SG. But do note that custom has a restriction on the amount of dog/cat food you can bring to SG.
does it carry orijen?

i know that AVA banned meat product from malaysia, pet food not considered?
sian! bought the raw pet grade food from BH freshfood but my cat isnt interested to eat it. odd though cos he ate raw beef before (which he stole when i was chopping hahaha)

how to make him eat it ah? i mixed with his dry food but he lick lick only.
give him small amounts. yours big cat riaos, picky with food. try giving lesser of the dry food and introduce a bit of the raw food
how do u guys deal with kitty poop? i have 2 kittens at home and they **** and play at the same area wtf

do you have litter pan?

tatsit

Honorary Member
Reaction score
btw BH freshfood really damn ulu. got lost trying to find it omg~
first time like that ba.. but its damn easy if driving, just go by jalan boon lay, turn into chin bee dr, then turn into chin bee crescent den reach le

Jurlique

Master Member
Reaction score
first time like that ba.. but its damn easy if driving, just go by jalan boon lay, turn into chin bee dr, then turn into chin bee crescent den reach le

I took a bus which didnt stop anywhere near that place. lol

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.