HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommended Cat Food & Shops in Singapore

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-12-2010, 02:34 PM   #91
High Supremacy Member

What about bacteria problems?
Bacteria is a problem to US. Not a problem to CATs.

The whole idea is to have as fresh a kill as possible. I serve my cat the meat cold from the fridge. He eats it. Not as if he got a choice
genie47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2010, 02:35 PM   #92
High Supremacy Member

Eh? I always go BH Freshfood to buy meat for own consumption, i dont see any pet grade meat there

How do you go there to request that from them?
Got to ask them for it.
Old 29-12-2010, 04:32 PM   #93
Honorary Member

Bacteria is a problem to US. Not a problem to CATs.

The whole idea is to have as fresh a kill as possible. I serve my cat the meat cold from the fridge. He eats it. Not as if he got a choice
i see..
Got to ask them for it.
how do i tell them?

so i just serve the minced meat to my cat like that?
Old 30-12-2010, 01:39 AM   #94
High Supremacy Member

i see..

how do i tell them?

so i just serve the minced meat to my cat like that?
Tell them that you are looking for this kind of "pet food" grade ground meat.

Actually cannot just feed your cat like that. These ground stuff are not fortified and incomplete. You got to supplement. So if you can add additional meat chunks it will be good. Pork heart, liver and gizzards will be good.

But if you don't want to supplement don't completely give up kibble since they have the taurine and stuff they need.
Old 30-12-2010, 01:47 AM   #95
Honorary Member

Tell them that you are looking for this kind of "pet food" grade ground meat.

Actually cannot just feed your cat like that. These ground stuff are not fortified and incomplete. You got to supplement. So if you can add additional meat chunks it will be good. Pork heart, liver and gizzards will be good.

But if you don't want to supplement don't completely give up kibble since they have the taurine and stuff they need.
Nice.. thanks a lot.

As for pork heart, liver and gizzards, where can i get them? And do I feed the innards raw too?

Last edited by tatsit; 30-12-2010 at 02:58 AM..
tatsit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2010, 08:41 AM   #96
High Supremacy Member

Hi bros, i have checked wif the pet shop near my workplace, they onli have Solid Gold: Katz-n-Flocken Cat Food (lamb)

http://www.solidgoldhealth.com/produ...uct=4&code=130

Is this a new flavour? I'm looking for Solid Gold indigo moon, I wanna buy the 4lb smaller pack and let my cats try. Do u know any shops selling the 4lb pack?? Thks
Old 30-12-2010, 08:42 AM   #97
High Supremacy Member

Nice.. thanks a lot.

As for pork heart, liver and gizzards, where can i get them? And do I feed the innards raw too?
Liver is soft. Heart and gizzards are hard. You got to cut them to bite sized chunks for your cat. Some cats are lazy some cats work hard. So the size depends on your cat. I feed my cat this raw chunks.

I use pork liver. Gizzards can be found in any supermarket. Very tough meat. Heart is also a tough muscle. Your cat has to chew hard on these. I use pork heart because it is easier to find. Depends on your nearby butcher whether hearts are available.
Old 30-12-2010, 08:44 AM   #98
High Supremacy Member

Hi bros, i have checked wif the pet shop near my workplace, they onli have Solid Gold: Katz-n-Flocken Cat Food (lamb)

http://www.solidgoldhealth.com/produ...uct=4&code=130

Is this a new flavour? I'm looking for Solid Gold indigo moon, I wanna buy the 4lb smaller pack and let my cats try. Do u know any shops selling the 4lb pack?? Thks
Katz and Flocken is poorer nutritionally compared to Indigo Moon. Not new flavor. Around for some time.
Old 30-12-2010, 09:44 AM   #99
High Supremacy Member

Okie.. Like tat i will get Indigo moon.
Old 30-12-2010, 12:59 PM   #100
High Supremacy Member

OK I just came back from a raid to BH Freshfood. $3 for 2kg of "pet food".

This is frozen stuff. Not on their display cabinets. Tell the cashier or if the cashier is blur, call the store manager on duty. The stuff is in their freezer room. The term they use is PET FOOD. So ask them for PET FOOD.

Muslim cat owners beware. The pet food are from cuts from all the meat that didn't make it to the display cabinets. I really mean all the meat. Pork included.

They might have limited stocks as well. So do yourself and them a favor, bring home a sirloin or wagyu steak as well. Did I mention their Kurobuto pork sausages are great?

Bring along an insulated bag or something to keep the stuff cold. They accept NETS and cash only.

I have some now and maybe take some time to engineer a frankenprey recipe.
Old 30-12-2010, 01:20 PM   #101
Honorary Member

OK I just came back from a raid to BH Freshfood. $3 for 2kg of "pet food".

This is frozen stuff. Not on their display cabinets. Tell the cashier or if the cashier is blur, call the store manager on duty. The stuff is in their freezer room. The term they use is PET FOOD. So ask them for PET FOOD.

Muslim cat owners beware. The pet food are from cuts from all the meat that didn't make it to the display cabinets. I really mean all the meat. Pork included.

They might have limited stocks as well. So do yourself and them a favor, bring home a sirloin or wagyu steak as well. Did I mention their Kurobuto pork sausages are great?

Bring along an insulated bag or something to keep the stuff cold. They accept NETS and cash only.

I have some now and maybe take some time to engineer a frankenprey recipe.
sic your frankenprey recipe

Anyway, BH Freshfood MMMM outlet is closing, according to the notice outside. But they paste it there since october, and it is still open. I wonder the other MMMM outlet has pet food or not.

Their wagyu having promo right? I think their less marbled one costs $6+ per 100g.. I waiting for the angus beef to be on promo again, cant afford the wagyu

Yup, the kurobuta pork is good. Had the belly strips for xmas grill, its nice
Old 30-12-2010, 03:16 PM   #102
High Supremacy Member

Don't think the Mmmm outlet have pet food.

My version 1 frankenprey food already up. See below:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...thkey=CNa_z6sF
Old 01-02-2011, 08:24 AM   #103

is it cheaper to buy dry cat food in malaysia?
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:54 PM   #104

is it cheaper to buy dry cat food in malaysia?
I posted earlier somewhere in this thread.

To answer your question, yes, it is cheaper to buy dry cat food i malaysia. However, I've only found and purchased dryfood from a pet store in Megamall mid valley, Kuala lumpur.

Any forumers here know of any pet stores in Johore bahru, can share the place and address? Coz I dont travel to KL that frequently.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:23 PM   #105

the other time i was at a pet shop somewhere in jb. they were selling the big royal canin pack at RM210.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.