HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommended Vet

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2016, 11:09 AM   #1

Recommended Vet

Hi there,

We have just moved from overseas to Singapore and are looking for a vet for our dog. My partner and I have been reading up on several vets but generally have trouble finding reviews for the smaller vet clinics.

We have read some bad reviews for rather large and established clinics such as Amber Vet and Mount Pleasant. Just wanted to explore other options before deciding. Does anyone know anything about Animal Ark at Tampines or Frankel Vet near the East Coast?

Any recommendations of vets in the Eastern area would be appreciated.

Many thanks!

Last edited by Lemone; 28-09-2016 at 11:11 AM..
Lemone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2016, 11:21 AM   #2
Supremacy Member

Hi there,

We have just moved from overseas to Singapore and are looking for a vet for our dog. My partner and I have been reading up on several vets but generally have trouble finding reviews for the smaller vet clinics.

We have read some bad reviews for both Amber Vet and Mount Pleasant. Does anyone know anything about Animal Ark at Tampines or Frankel Vet near the East Coast?

Many thanks!
Hi, welcome to sg.

I would say depending on what sort of treatment you are looking for, some vets are much more specialize on certain area e.g. eye diseases - dr heng at mt pleasant at queens close, dr hsu at animal clinic is known for bone surgery etc.

If its is for common treatments like vaccine etc, perhaps you could consider animal doctor in ang mo kio. Sorry i m not familiar with the clinics in the east.

I stay in the west n my pets go to dr ling at namly clinic.
pepperthrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2016, 03:34 PM   #3
Master Member

Not sure if you're ok with the location, but Dr Gino at Animal Infirmary is our vet and he's real good with passion for his patients. http://www.aivet.com.sg
AristroCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2016, 04:18 PM   #4

Smile

Hi there,

We have read some bad reviews for rather large and established clinics such as Amber Vet and Mount Pleasant. Just wanted to explore other options before deciding. Does anyone know anything about Animal Ark at Tampines or Frankel Vet near the East Coast?

Many thanks!
You can try http://www.springvet.com.sg/, there's a lot of good reviews on their FB and on google search results.
questionlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2016, 11:57 AM   #5

you can try vet practice in jalan jurong kechill near upper bukit timah. it is near my place and i usually take my african grey and jap spitz to them for checks or when they dont look good. so far so good though.
Old 19-11-2016, 12:16 PM   #6
Master Member

You can try http://www.springvet.com.sg/, there's a lot of good reviews on their FB and on google search results.
I bring my kittens to them after the previous experience with mt peesant. Recommend them oso.

dammad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2016, 01:27 PM   #7
Arch-Supremacy Member

i will highly recommend dr Ly
google his portfolio
but he in retiring stage so only is sg abt 10 days a month i think.....
but not cheap so be prepare
but the joy of saving ur angel is priceless

good luck!
vaxvms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2016, 08:19 AM   #8
Master Member

you can try vet practice in jalan jurong kechill near upper bukit timah. it is near my place and i usually take my african grey and jap spitz to them for checks or when they dont look good. so far so good though.
My usual vet to visit too for my dog. Only complaint is their issuing of medicine and bill is very slow.....hope they can improve on it.
donut33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2016, 08:59 AM   #9

Try animal recovery centre.
Can be a little expensive but very detail.
addats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 11:47 AM   #10

The Animal Clinic put down adopted healthy puppy, Tammy on Monday 7th Oct 2013.

The Veterinary Clinic put down senior dog on Monday, March 23, 2020 after dog welfare group, Chained Dog Awareness in Singapore desperately tried to get the dog for treatment after some complaints. The owner stated the dog was healthy but was too old so went to put it down in his smses.

Loki, healthy young dog was put down by Mount Pleasant Vet Centre (Changi) in May 2020. In their public statement in response to this incident, the clinic stated ‘ They are also there for the owners’ seems like any long as customer pays, the clinic is willing to put down healthy dogs.

Poppy, a senior dog was sent to Gentle Oak Veterinary Clinic to be put down in May 2020. The veterinary Clinic decided to put the dog up for adoption instead and the dog’s life was saved.

Please support those veterinary clinics that are more ethical.
nono81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.