Taking a stray cat for checkup

traveil

Reaction score
Hi! I have a stray cat which i had been feeding for months now and it now knows her feeding schedule and always wait outside our door for food. It's a really lovable cat and it really knows how to get all of our attention. She's the queen of our office, everyone feeds her! This cat grew on me, i just want her to be healthy as for now since i couldn't give it a home (still thinking how i could adopt her). Is it weird for me to bring it to a vet for checkup? I've noticed it has already been ear tipped and was thinking of borrowing a cage, get it for checkup, and release back to the same place again. Is it weird for me to do that? And will the vet keep the stray cat from going back after checkup? I think i'm very paranoid somehow since it's the first time i'm actually taking care of a cat haha.. Any advise? Thanks. :)

AristroCats

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi! I have a stray cat which i had been feeding for months now and it now knows her feeding schedule and always wait outside our door for food. It's a really lovable cat and it really knows how to get all of our attention. She's the queen of our office, everyone feeds her! This cat grew on me, i just want her to be healthy as for now since i couldn't give it a home (still thinking how i could adopt her). Is it weird for me to bring it to a vet for checkup? I've noticed it has already been ear tipped and was thinking of borrowing a cage, get it for checkup, and release back to the same place again. Is it weird for me to do that? And will the vet keep the stray cat from going back after checkup? I think i'm very paranoid somehow since it's the first time i'm actually taking care of a cat haha.. Any advise? Thanks. :)

Do you know if there's any other regular feeder around the area? If there is/are, best is to talk to them if they know of this cat, since someone had taken her for sterilisation before.
But if there's no one you know of that is sort of "responsible" for her, then I guess yes you can take her for vet checkup but keep in mind, getting her inside a cage might not be as easy as you think. :D
If I may ask, any reason why you want to bring her for a check-up? Is she showing symptoms of any illness?

traveil

Reaction score
Do you know if there's any other regular feeder around the area? If there is/are, best is to talk to them if they know of this cat, since someone had taken her for sterilisation before.
But if there's no one you know of that is sort of "responsible" for her, then I guess yes you can take her for vet checkup but keep in mind, getting her inside a cage might not be as easy as you think. :D
If I may ask, any reason why you want to bring her for a check-up? Is she showing symptoms of any illness?

Nah i don't think so since our office is in a quite ulu place and she's been practically living at our carpet outside haha. She isn't showing any symptoms of illness but i am just curious about her health and all. :s11:

AristroCats

Master Member
Reaction score
Nah i don't think so since our office is in a quite ulu place and she's been practically living at our carpet outside haha. She isn't showing any symptoms of illness but i am just curious about her health and all. :s11:

Then I guess you can take her to a vet for a check up.
Might I also suggest that you could adopt her into your home since it sounds like you're rather fond of her. :)

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
You can bring to any vet to do a checkup + blood test. Have u brought her to the vet yet

megatron678

Reaction score
It's good to give her a check up!

My GF and I have been doing that for some of the cats nearby and if you want them to be adopted, getting a jab is good so that the people won't get infected.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.