Those who got terrapins please come in..

circur

Banned
Reaction score
is it ok to buy 2 or 3 RES to keep? will they fight?

how much space do they need?

wetdreamx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can fill water fully? So terrapin just swim inside. No space to land or chill?

Solidus_GZ

Master Member
Reaction score
My terrapin won't eat, and sleep most of the time, most of the time we let the terrapin out it will hide the darkest corner and zzz the rest of the day, dunno what's wrong with him, how to get him eating?

onegoal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Clean water is most important.
My terrapin will me since young in 2006, already 16year old.
He lives in a tank 0.2m deep x 0.6meter x 1meter. eats mainly fish food and fishes.
Everysun bask in sun, comes out walk around if he likes and goes back when he like to.

I just ensure the water in tank is clean with 2 filters. FIlter is wash every 2 weeks.
Picture of my terripin was posted in this thread and he still looks the same till now.

wetdreamx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Clean water is most important.
My terrapin will me since young in 2006, already 16year old.
He lives in a tank 0.2m deep x 0.6meter x 1meter. eats mainly fish food and fishes.
Everysun bask in sun, comes out walk around if he likes and goes back when he like to.

I just ensure the water in tank is clean with 2 filters. FIlter is wash every 2 weeks.
Picture of my terripin was posted in this thread and he still looks the same till now.
Wah power 16 years… I’m deciding to let them free when they hit 2 ish.

danielx

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have 2 baby terrapins to give away for adoption - please let me know if you're keen to raise them

GenerationX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Planning to go buy a res, just wondering if I always watch tv in my room, and on loud sound. Will it stress my res if I do that?

Bunnynat

Reaction score
Planning to go buy a res, just wondering if I always watch tv in my room, and on loud sound. Will it stress my res if I do that?
One of my turtles like to watch TV. But I guess depends how loud your TV is. I engaged an animal communicator to know more about my terrapins. The animal communicator also managed to convinced him that he can only poo and pee in the bathroom when we let him out. So far he never peed in my bedroom. Peed 3-4 x in the living room. We let him roam around every night because he seems to wnjoy exploring.

Bunnynat

Reaction score

is it ok to buy 2 or 3 RES to keep? will they fight?

how much space do they need?
Mine don’t fight. The male is much bigger. Sometimes the female goes on top of the male during basking. But I think not every terrapin is as friendly.

GenerationX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One of my turtles like to watch TV. But I guess depends how loud your TV is. I engaged an animal communicator to know more about my terrapins. The animal communicator also managed to convinced him that he can only poo and pee in the bathroom when we let him out. So far he never peed in my bedroom. Peed 3-4 x in the living room. We let him roam around every night because he seems to wnjoy exploring.
Wow animal communicator. I tot is only in tv show, dint know really got such occupation!

I still dare not buy as i feel abit scared also to be a turtle parent. Worry i cannot 给它最好的😅

Shinning_Wolf

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When I had a terrapin about 8 years old. I would just let it walk around my kitchen and place it in a bucket of water till his neck and stones for him to climb on during bedtime.
I give it to a father friend's son because his baby terrapin had depression and refuse to eat, having a bigger brother actually helps, I wish I was joking.

TheAwakening

Reaction score
Does anyone know who and where providing long-term home boarding service that is reliable and care with big heart for terrapin? Reason being we may have to relocate due to job posting for 2~3 years. We can't possibly bring him along with us. He is a healthy and funny 19 year-old chap this 2022. We have him with us since 2003, from a size of smaller than 50 cents coin till an approx. 18cm x 14cm in size today. He is part of our life now. Hence, we do NOT wish for an adoption. We hope to reunite with him again when we come home. Thanks.

kreja

Master Member
Reaction score
Has any one tried to keep a fully grown adult red eared slider in a 4 ft planted tank? looking for ideas to start a paludarium. What kind of aquascape can withstand abuse from an adult turtle lol?

nothin2do

Banned
Reaction score
Hi All,

this ish my little albino terrapin, kept for a month already.

diet < zoo med hatchling daily and veggies once or twice per week.

DCC0C1C3-AEFA-4922-BDC8-C065998315BA.jpeg

basking area:

8740BD53-0D3D-4B5D-A3AB-927E8373662B.jpeg

using gex corner turtle filter:

A5868491-57B0-4340-BDD6-CEA742AAC032.jpeg

hellight

Reaction score
where to find animal communicator?

Guixianren

Reaction score
Mine’s already 27 years old, had it since 1996. Just fill water till the shell is partially covered. But do check on it once a while to ensure it does not turn turtle.

Sleepy Terrapins

Reaction score
Hi guys !
Chance upon this grp while looking to add on plants to my terrapin tub set up.
This is a pic of what my current set up is like currently.

I’m trying to mimic the natural environment for them.
Any land plants to intro ? Mister aquatic plants can’t stand their destructive power..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.