Urgent: Where to buy subcutaneous fluid for CKD cat?

Cracked

Reaction score
Asked at mustafa centre's pharmacist, not available. A friend told me you can buy them from hospitals, but they require prescriptions (!!!). Read through a thread about this and someone posted that a store in Jalan Besar sells it, no name was given, but a quick google search came up with "Progress Healthcare".

Just sent my cat for her fluid yesterday at the vets. $75. And I have to come back every two days. Haiz.

Lemon Porter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Asked at mustafa centre's pharmacist, not available. A friend told me you can buy them from hospitals, but they require prescriptions (!!!). Read through a thread about this and someone posted that a store in Jalan Besar sells it, no name was given, but a quick google search came up with "Progress Healthcare".

Just sent my cat for her fluid yesterday at the vets. $75. And I have to come back every two days. Haiz.

Yes. Get from Jalan besar progress medical.

I used to get from them when my dog was still around.
Give me a moment I post up the picture for you.
Your vet should have given you the name of the fluid. My vet gave me coz I do the fluids therapy at home daily.

Last edited:

Lemon Porter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are you using ringer's solution at the vet?
I was.. and I bought Hartman solution at progress medical.

Cracked

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I brought the empty bottle of fluid back, it's "hartman's solution for injection". I assume Progress Healthcare carry it, along with the tube and 18 gauge (recommended by the vet) needle? No prescription needed, yes? Anyone know rarely how much it will cost? Thinking of getting a few sets at a go.

Last edited:

Lemon Porter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I brought the empty bottle of fluid back, it's "hartman's solution for injection". I assume Progress Healthcare carry it, along with the tube and 18 gauge (recommended by the vet) needle? No prescription needed, yes? Anyone know rarely how much it will cost? Thinking of getting a few sets at a go.

No prescription is required.
I bought 10 to 20 1000ml bottles each time.
I think you need to buy needle and the transparent tube as well.
You can tell them, they can assist you.

I paid around $90 for 10 x 1000ml bottles and 10 set of the transparent tubes. Needles are in box of 100 or something.

Cracked

Reaction score
No prescription is required.
I bought 10 to 20 1000ml bottles each time.
I think you need to buy needle and the transparent tube as well.
You can tell them, they can assist you.

I paid around $90 for 10 x 1000ml bottles and 10 set of the transparent tubes. Needles are in box of 100 or something.

Thank u so much for the helpful post!

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you need renal food, Acacia Vet Clinic in AMK is probably the cheapest around. 338 St. 32 near Ave. 1. (6481 6889)

Cracked

Reaction score
Update. Got 5x of the fluid/tubes and a box of 19 gauge needles. The folks at progress med were friendly and helpful. Total cost $45++.

Went back and gave it a shot. Was very nervous at first, but it went well. Managed to only administered about 50ml at first, before she got really antsy. Tried again about 20 mins later and managed to get about another 150ml in. Overall quite happy with out it turned out. Shall give her another 200ml tmrw morning. Thanks for the replies, everyone. I hope this thread will be useful for people in the future.

lycans

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dont reuse the needle, also you need to dispose it in a sharps bin.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.