anyone study in MDIS before?

Hellooo

Suspended
Reaction score
hi. anyone study in MDIS before?

i would like to ask if the degree certificate from MDIS is recognise in singapore?

anyone study this course before? http://www.mdis.edu.sg/programmes/it-degree-singapore

i would like to know how is the course from those people who took the course before.

thanks.

cirrusfusion

Reaction score
MDIS Recognition

Hi,

MDIS Bradford degree are recognised by GLC and governmental organisations. I am working in one now and my previous employer, one of the local uni too recognise them now although MDIS need to increase their adminstrative efficiency at times but overall it has been a great experience with nice lecturers. I did my bachelors there.

SIM and MDIS are just different brands names offering recognised degrees. SIM has stronger brand name due to Uni Sim. It is quite unfair to compare both institutions as each have their own strengths.

Regards.

cirrusfusion

Reaction score
Like what I have mentioned MDIS is trying to improve its administrative efficiency in terms of student care administration etc. I have seen that they are trying quite hard to do so during my stay there.

Edu trust certification actually takes management into account thus perhaps that is the reason why it has not attained the certification yet. It doesn't mean it won't attain that certification soon.

They have also branched out abroad into Malaysia and Uberkistan etc. Thus you can't say they are not good too.

These are just my views for my 2 years part time study there and I don't represent MDIS or benefit from the comment stated above.

Last edited:

AsianBlue

Reaction score
Edu trust certification actually takes management into account thus perhaps that is the reason why it has not attained the certification yet. It doesn't mean it won't attain that certification soon.

They have also branched out abroad into Malaysia and Uberkistan etc. Thus you can't say they are not good too.

Maybe they should do what other schools are doing - establish a solid management in singapore (at least good enough for edutrust), before branching out abroad?

Don't spread yourself too thin. Anyone can branch out abroad, whether you can branch out abroad AND keep your standards is another matter.

MarineX

Banned
Reaction score

JAYAN

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My 2 cents worth

hi. anyone study in MDIS before?

i would like to ask if the degree certificate from MDIS is recognise in singapore?

anyone study this course before? http://www.mdis.edu.sg/programmes/it-degree-singapore

i would like to know how is the course from those people who took the course before.

thanks.

Just my $0.02 worth here...

The recognition of degrees, or rather the level of prestige, from any universities is subjective and it is up to the individual employers to decided whether they choose to recognize the university and accept its degrees for employment or not. Take for example NUS, NTU and SMU, these local universities may generally be recognized (or considered prestigious) by employers in Singapore, but in some other contexts a different picture may emerge.

On the other hand, the accreditation status of an university is more objective. It serves to prove that the university is bona fide and the degrees awarded are real. It is then up to the potential student to decide whether it is worth it to study in a degree programme or not, bearing in mind that some universities do carry more prestige than the others as far as the employers are concern.

Hence, the bottom line is first to ensure that the degree programme in question is offered by a properly accredited university, then you do your research in other factors before you hand in that cheque for your school fees.

Bedokian

Reaction score
Just my $0.02 worth here...

Take for example NUS, NTU and SMU, these local universities may generally be recognized (or considered prestigious) by employers in Singapore, but in some other contexts a different picture may emerge.

In job ads (years ago, not sure about now) I had seen some positions requiring a university degree from a certain country or a group of countries, and the local unis were not part of the criteria. And they were MNCs.

So in the above case, if one was from NUS/NTU (back then SMU was not formed yet), then they could forget about applying for those positions.

JAYAN

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In job ads (years ago, not sure about now) I had seen some positions requiring a university degree from a certain country or a group of countries, and the local unis were not part of the criteria. And they were MNCs.

So in the above case, if one was from NUS/NTU (back then SMU was not formed yet), then they could forget about applying for those positions.

Well, since these MNCs are not under any obligations to employ local folks (no kidding, there's really no such law....), local degree holders are not viewed any differently from holders of degree from non-Singaporean universities.

Qualifications aside, sometimes being a Singaporean or SPR can be a liability too. I heard rumors about a certain MNC that doesn't favor local guys just because these poor fellows have to serve their NSMen obligations for 10 years.....no work but get paid (albeit by MINDEF) is not really their idea of productivity, think about that!!!

Bedokian

Reaction score
Qualifications aside, sometimes being a Singaporean or SPR can be a liability too. I heard rumors about a certain MNC that doesn't favor local guys just because these poor fellows have to serve their NSMen obligations for 10 years.....no work but get paid (albeit by MINDEF) is not really their idea of productivity, think about that!!!

True to a certain extent, *sigh*.... :o

Poke-Football

Reaction score
Mdis A level Future Student

Greetings everyone. I have enrolled into the A level programme at Mdis starting in August. I am so very nervous in terms of the social aspect. Studies wise is not an issue as I have reviewied my content consistently and hope to get A or B for the first few months consistently. I am not the social butterfly type as I am an introvert. Mdis orientation is coming up and I feel nervous even anxious. Hope to hear advice from you all. Thanks.:):o

FreDeRicK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Greetings everyone. I have enrolled into the A level programme at Mdis starting in August. I am so very nervous in terms of the social aspect. Studies wise is not an issue as I have reviewied my content consistently and hope to get A or B for the first few months consistently. I am not the social butterfly type as I am an introvert. Mdis orientation is coming up and I feel nervous even anxious. Hope to hear advice from you all. Thanks.:):o
Wow you dug up an 8 year old thread.

Just be yourself.

Getting to know some of your classmates would help you with exchanging study notes, sharing materials and clarification of course instructions. WhatsApp groups are fairly common nowadays - try to get yourself into at least one so that you are updated of any news.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.