HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

CFA Level 1 Preparation: Kaplan vs CFA Singapore vs Self-Study

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-07-2011, 01:03 AM   #106

i thk it is wiser to read back at the ethnics portion and understand how it works bah... since it is a criteria to pass it in order to pass cfa from what i know of...

N yah.. is veri long n dry all the book so no choice lo...
baka_giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2011, 01:05 AM   #107

hey guys.. since from what i see some of us really want to form a group might as well i try to form 1 here? U guys pm me ur contact details and schedules available and i try to match up?
baka_giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2011, 10:51 AM   #108

I am thinking of registering exam before 24 aug. Which cost US$1125 from Kaplan. And then purchase the Essential Self Study Package SG$700 to study.

So total cost abt SG$2k.

Planning to study it along with my final year finance studies. As i see some similar topics covered in school. Should be sufficient right? Mainly I foresee myself keep practising the MCQ questions from the package provided.
violethoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2011, 09:46 PM   #109

I am thinking of registering exam before 24 aug. Which cost US$1125 from Kaplan. And then purchase the Essential Self Study Package SG$700 to study.

So total cost abt SG$2k.

Planning to study it along with my final year finance studies. As i see some similar topics covered in school. Should be sufficient right? Mainly I foresee myself keep practising the MCQ questions from the package provided.
violethoughts, can ask u, so means kaplan gt help non-students to just register for exams? i also plan to self study, but don like to register online at the US site, seems abit weird, i scared later wrong, i waste 1k++

can advise? thanks!
pigpig01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2011, 11:51 AM   #110

Hi guys, I'm a fresh grad planning to take CFA Level 1 this Dec. Can anyone advise on where to register for the exam?
bardsmanship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2011, 07:25 PM   #111
Banned

violethoughts, can ask u, so means kaplan gt help non-students to just register for exams? i also plan to self study, but don like to register online at the US site, seems abit weird, i scared later wrong, i waste 1k++

can advise? thanks!
What can go wrong? Google cfa institue and register there.
maisatomai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:11 PM   #112
High Supremacy Member

Hi all.

I just decided to impulse register for the CFA Level 1 exams for June 2012. USD1090 for the print version. I don't know if I did the right choice.

I have heard abt Stella books and all that thru this thread but am not sure what is it. What are the things to take note of? When will be books be sent to me?

I am self studying but I don know where and how to start. I have strong accounting background as I am an ACCA holder. WHat do I need to do?

Please advise. I am very serious on passing this first round and I want all the advice I can get. What other materials I can get too?
FinalTidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:28 PM   #113
Banned

Either you study the printed materials or get study guide. There are some people who passed using the printed materials.

Go get schweser Q-bank. It will help.

Hi all.

I just decided to impulse register for the CFA Level 1 exams for June 2012. USD1090 for the print version. I don't know if I did the right choice.

I have heard abt Stella books and all that thru this thread but am not sure what is it. What are the things to take note of? When will be books be sent to me?

I am self studying but I don know where and how to start. I have strong accounting background as I am an ACCA holder. WHat do I need to do?

Please advise. I am very serious on passing this first round and I want all the advice I can get. What other materials I can get too?
Old 04-08-2011, 12:43 PM   #114
Master Member

anyone got company to sponsor your cfa?
Old 16-08-2011, 10:46 PM   #115

any girls want to study CFA level 1 together? Must be able to study on weekends for 10hrs each day. Place at central area. Please PM me.
Old 16-08-2011, 11:24 PM   #116

oh gosh, thanks for the reminder. Deadline to register for June exam is September 20s right?
ordway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 11:00 PM   #117

Either you study the printed materials or get study guide. There are some people who passed using the printed materials.

Go get schweser Q-bank. It will help.
hi i understand that there are alot of study packages from schweser... may i know which one u'll recommend i get?

I just registered for the june 2012 exam.
candlelightflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 07:23 AM   #118

May i know, currently I have a bsc in banking finance, is It advisable to take cfa?
What kind of career options for me if I got cfa?
Tks for replying
sg_ltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 05:36 PM   #119
Banned

hi i understand that there are alot of study packages from schweser... may i know which one u'll recommend i get?

I just registered for the june 2012 exam.
the CFA study note+qbank is what you will need
Old 31-08-2011, 06:57 PM   #120

I see... after reading tonnes of advise, i plan to order the schweaser essential study package which includes the qbank and condensed study notes... can i get ur advice on this ??

the CFA study note+qbank is what you will need
candlelightflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.