HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

DO NOT APPLY MBA@MDIS!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-10-2019, 02:44 AM   #1

Exclamation DO NOT APPLY MBA@MDIS!!!

Hi guys..Iím sharing my experience at MDIS to warn everyone who wants to study here. The majority of the classmates DO NOT have any working experience at all! They couldn't even be able to communicate in English properly which affected the overall pace. Lecturers spoke ridiculously slow and invested considerable time explaining basic concepts. Plus, there was a serious lack of group discussion and participation. The way they taught just like we were a primary student in old-fashion school i.e. one lecturer always wrote tons of theories on the blackboard and asked us to write down. Besides, Case studies were rarely provided so itís difficult to see how the theory apply in the business word. The lectures simply teach and follow the books and students listen just like a primary school student. Besides, there was no quiz or exam for MBA students. Theyíd be graded based on individual assignments which some of them hired someone to do for a good grade.

Currently, I withdrew from MBA program and I seek for a full refund but the school insisted giving only 5-10% of the tuition fee regarding their unfair policy. I refused them as the classes have been a huge mismatch and absolutely disappointing. And I had to repeat my case to them several time as they didnít communicate between departments. I was told that there's only one case receiving a full refund because he got AIDS.....

I'm contacting MOE and CPE (Committee of Private Education) but I don't know if they're the right deps.. Anyone can suggest? Thank you
Airpanun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2019, 02:49 PM   #2

Hi guys..Iím sharing my experience at MDIS to warn everyone who wants to study here. The majority of the classmates DO NOT have any working experience at all! They couldn't even be able to communicate in English properly which affected the overall pace. Lecturers spoke ridiculously slow and invested considerable time explaining basic concepts. Plus, there was a serious lack of group discussion and participation. The way they taught just like we were a primary student in old-fashion school i.e. one lecturer always wrote tons of theories on the blackboard and asked us to write down. Besides, Case studies were rarely provided so itís difficult to see how the theory apply in the business word. The lectures simply teach and follow the books and students listen just like a primary school student. Besides, there was no quiz or exam for MBA students. Theyíd be graded based on individual assignments which some of them hired someone to do for a good grade.

Currently, I withdrew from MBA program and I seek for a full refund but the school insisted giving only 5-10% of the tuition fee regarding their unfair policy. I refused them as the classes have been a huge mismatch and absolutely disappointing. And I had to repeat my case to them several time as they didnít communicate between departments. I was told that there's only one case receiving a full refund because he got AIDS.....

I'm contacting MOE and CPE (Committee of Private Education) but I don't know if they're the right deps.. Anyone can suggest? Thank you
Any sober minded individual would pursue MBA at a proper business school instead from an agent.
yipkc1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2019, 10:00 PM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

Oh dear. Which program is that? Go public... This will give them some pressure.... Facebook... Newspaper.. Etc
Shingoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2019, 11:10 AM   #4

Oh dear. Which program is that? Go public... This will give them some pressure.... Facebook... Newspaper.. Etc
this

MDIS is teaching the next gen of FT to steeel our jobs one leh, why enrol there?

Even PSB Academy (who is doing the same thing) has better standards of teaching. The lecturers there have to be vetted by the Uni awarding the degree
lordfa9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2019, 02:10 PM   #5

Heng I only looking at H/W/S for MBA.
Cryophoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2019, 02:20 PM   #6

this

MDIS is teaching the next gen of FT to steeel our jobs one leh, why enrol there?

Even PSB Academy (who is doing the same thing) has better standards of teaching. The lecturers there have to be vetted by the Uni awarding the degree
lel our local big 3 also doing the same thing
silentears is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2019, 02:22 PM   #7
Arch-Supremacy Member

U try murdoch one

Lol
sanzhu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2019, 12:37 AM   #8

U try murdoch one

Lol
How is Murdoch?
b0ring is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2019, 09:29 PM   #9

How about Kaplan? Anybody know?
ottotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2019, 10:57 AM   #10
Great Supremacy Member

mdis is a hot bed for foreign student who speak broken english.
they r using singapore as a brand to go other places or here to get pr
Old 31-10-2019, 02:05 PM   #11

How about Kaplan? Anybody know?
M7, local uni, INSEAD

Forget about the rest.
Cryophoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:39 PM   #12
Arch-Supremacy Member

why not local unis?
batniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2019, 11:06 PM   #13

This is very bad if what you had said is true.
How much for the course fees ?
You paid all in one lump sum ?
Sai Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.