HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Just completed NTU Msc SPM - Ask me anything

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-05-2016, 09:01 AM   #16

Someone PM'ed me, but I think might as well share here as well.

hi saw your post .Some questions to ask you

1) What is your Bach deg profile ? Do you need a good deg to apply ?

2) What is the GPA required to graduate ?

3) Is 2 modules in 1 sem ok? Since you have completed the course
within 2 yrs. is 3 modules in 1 sem overloaded ?

4) is the assignment / exam tough ? I hope they will try to pass everyone

5) What is your age? what is your advice for mid age ppl (40 & above)
to embark the MSC

thanks
1) What is your Bach deg profile ? Do you need a good deg to apply ?
Depends on each school and each program coordinator. For the particular program I took, they were more interested in people with work experience. I only had a Bach with merit when I applied, not even 3rd class honours. NUS is a lot stricter on minimum Bach degree requirements.

2) What is the GPA required to graduate ?
There is Term GPA and Cumulative GPA. Each semester you should get at least 2.5, if not you will get an academic warning. If the next consecutive term still less than 2.5 they will terminate. At the end of all terms, your CGPA also needs to be at least 2.5.

3) Is 2 modules in 1 sem ok? Since you have completed the course within 2 yrs. is 3 modules in 1 sem overloaded ?
I find 2 modules per sem comfortable for absorbing the knowledge. My classmates who took 3 modules in some semesters seem ok also. I guess it's how you balance your other parts of life.

4) is the assignment / exam tough ? I hope they will try to pass everyone
I think they do try to pass everyone. But there are some lecturers with stricter principles. To me assignments are easy, they are only a fraction of work compared to the reports and documents I have to create at my job. Presentations are easy too and much more relaxed than presenting to customers. Exams need preparation and study, unless it's a field you are already an expert in. Those with a lot of formulas and things to memorize will typically allow a single-page, A4 cheat sheet to be brought into the exam hall. You will see people squeezing loads of stuff in size 6 font and some even bring a magnifying glass

5) What is your age? what is your advice for mid age ppl (40 & above) to embark the MSC
I'm in my mid 30's. There were a number of people closer to 40, and I later found out a senior colleague had taken the same Msc a year before, and he is 50+. There is always room to learn and upgrade ourselves. At the lessons, interact with lecturers, tell your stories and experiences. Or ask questions and see if the lecturer or anyone has solutions to share. It's the chance to pick up useful skills from other people in an open environment without the politics of the office where some people are unwilling to share their secret kung fu moves.
robleo likes this.
theblueark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2016, 11:45 AM   #17
Arch-Supremacy Member

What kind of modules were available to you outside of the courses listed with the MSc SPM? Is it easy to take other Master-level courses offered by other programmes?
zjllee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2016, 07:53 AM   #18

It seems like any other module offered by the school is possible. So for me I looked for other modules from MAE.
theblueark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2019, 09:53 AM   #19

Hi!just happened to come across this thread. I'll will be joining NTU systems and project management course this year for the Aug intake.
Would like know more on the exam pattern for part time students and do how often are the classes held
Mal1391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 07:38 PM   #20

Hi!just happened to come across this thread. I'll will be joining NTU systems and project management course this year for the Aug intake.
Would like know more on the exam pattern for part time students and do how often are the classes held
Hi. May I know what is the requirement to join the course part time?
Faus1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2019, 11:40 AM   #21

Hi. May I know what is the requirement to join the course part time?
Working professional with min 2 yrs work experience and relavant bachelor's degree.

Are you planning to take up for next year's intake?
Mal1391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2019, 08:27 PM   #22

how is the timing for nus msc programms.

if we take 2 modules per sem how many days per week do we have class?

are classes compulsory and any video recording?
lost boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 07:24 AM   #23

I enrolled in the part time program for NTU's MSc Systems and Project Management (August intake) in 2014. Will be graduating this year in July.

Just for fun and if anyone is curious about anything related to my experience at school, work or whatever, feel free to ask anything
What this degrees basically is? In Project Management?

Also do you need to be a project manager to be able to study this course?
greythorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2020, 10:17 AM   #24

Hi,

I am interested in this module M6913 Systems and Project Management and M6929 Management of Complex Engineering Projects . Do you sell the lecture notes, tutorials and PYP?

Thanks
Kwang Hwee

You can contact me at tankhvic4@yahoo.com.sg
tankhvic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2020, 01:06 PM   #25

What can u do with this msc degree?
Can people without this academic qualification still do their job?

Sent from Samsung SM-G960F using GAGT
Sergios is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.