HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Which MBA?

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2016, 01:26 PM   #1096
Arch-Supremacy Member

2 Singapore president grad from there back in the day when few venture overseas for edu. Go drink AMDK water auto become AMDK.

Triple accreditation don't mean much, iirc Harvard not triple crown.

If can get into Harvard or the likes, take loan no need deep pockets or family rich. The ROI better than your cheap $30k uni.
A buddy's son go Stanford on loan, 2-4 yrs all paid off plus he making more $$. Spend $30k earn $100k or spend $200k earn $400k which better? At the end of day who in the lead?
Different classes of MBA cater to different social class of people. People who can get admitted to Harvard/Insead elite MBA program are those who have very good head start in their life. Excellent A-level grade, bachelor from top universities, excellent career experience. They are the one who are likely to join the top MNC to earn the 400k remuneration. However for those who doesn't has that, could always join a less reputable uni for MBA, probably not earning 400k but at a level that is still sufficient for a comfortable life . The key is living within your own constraint. Personally, I do not think PEI or even local MBA program can help much in my career pursuit as I lack good working experience and has lackluster qualifications... I still enrolled for one with Uni of Adelaide to make myself stay competitive. I know it wouldn't rake me good money, but I believe it can give me some idea to startup a business.

[/SIZE]
Biogentic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 01:46 PM   #1097
Arch-Supremacy Member

I am torn between local or PEI because Bain and Co recognise our local MBA degree for employment.

Recommend a Local and PEI?
Saw a few people on linkedin join mck after NUS MBA. But honestly not something I'd bet on...

lee_tired_sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 05:30 PM   #1098

To be honest, i dont know how strict is the admission procedures. Maybe someone could shed a light?

170k but the ROI is better than most other MBA locally.
Besides being poor can you get in easily?
zenoallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 12:44 PM   #1099

need all level?
sherrynbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 12:44 PM   #1100

Singapore cannot?
Old 11-01-2016, 12:45 PM   #1101

me poor too...
Old 11-01-2016, 12:45 PM   #1102

Part time better
Old 25-01-2016, 03:00 PM   #1103

Graduate business school Insead tops Financial Times' global ranking of MBA programmes

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...ranking-of-mba
goodchong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2016, 12:33 PM   #1104
Master Member

I wonder if anyone in this thread, especially the prospective MBA students, existing MBA disciples and the MBA holders (be it tier 1 or tier 2 or other tiers) have gotten to read the Personal MBA.

The link is as below: https://personalmba.com/

I chanced upon the link and managed to grab a copy of the book. I haven't progressed much into the book as I find it easier to read novels or literature stuff.
Old 29-01-2016, 05:40 PM   #1105

i was a FT SMU MBA 2015 grad..

there were ~60 FT students and 15 of them are singaporeans.

The singaporeans have > 4 of experience

feel free to ask me questions
denilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2016, 11:02 PM   #1106

i was a FT SMU MBA 2015 grad..

there were ~60 FT students and 15 of them are singaporeans.

The singaporeans have > 4 of experience

feel free to ask me questions
Any feedback / comments?
Can you please also elaborate more on your experience with them, so we know what questions to ask.
Maybe also provide info on what leads you to choose this course in particular?

Thanks in advance.
destiny123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2016, 07:20 PM   #1107
Master Member

If you work in Government/Public sector, they only recognize full time local Master degree. I will recommend NTU-MBA (Accountancy) because it can help you get CA Sg. For PEI, I will chose Strathclyde because it is triple accreditation (AMBA, AACSB and EQUIS)‏ & around the market rate course fee for DL MBA (manchester is only good for ranking but course fee is too much for DL MBA that are not worth for ROI).
would you recommend local uni mba over Strathclyde?
Old 31-01-2016, 09:59 PM   #1108

Government / public sector's HR has a list of recognized MBA. Strathclyde attained good ranking in FT but still not as good as NTU/NUS. I would strongly recommend local uni mba over Strathclyde
goodchong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 02:34 PM   #1109

Any feedback / comments?
Can you please also elaborate more on your experience with them, so we know what questions to ask.
Maybe also provide info on what leads you to choose this course in particular?

Thanks in advance.
Pretty mixed experience.

Initial course are quite academic , electives are much better, some profs still work in industry and teach part time, these profs are usually the best

Some fellow students worry too much about grades still, these tend to be the younger ones

Management of the course is a bit messy

Workload is quite heavy, gets even heavier when your internship starts because you study at night. Little time to do non-academic stuff. But I heard now you can extend the course by 3/4 months if you want.

I studied overseas for ugrad but local uni, esp smu gives me better access to employers, better chance of a good job i guess.
denilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2016, 11:43 AM   #1110

Strathclyde MBA

You are cordially invited to attend the Information Session below.

The Strathclyde MBA is ranked amongst the Top 50 MBA in the FT Executive MBA Ranking 2015.

Strathclyde MBA Information Session - Grant Available

Date: Wednesday, 17 Feb 2016
Time : 7.15pm
Venue : YMCA, One Orchard Road, Level 2

To register, Please call 6586 2378.

About Strathclyde Business School

Strathclyde Business School is amongst the 1% of business schools in the world to be triple accredited by the international accrediting bodies, AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB. It is also ranked among the Financial Times Top 50 Executive MBA 2015. The University of Strathclyde has been crowned UK University of the Year 2012/13 and UK Entrepreneurial University of the Year 2013/14 at the Times Higher Education Awards. We look forward to seeing you.
Strathclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.