HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NUS Graduate Diploma in Systems Analysis

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2018, 03:59 PM   #31
Arch-Supremacy Member

For the bros who got shortlisted, could I just found out how you all found the aptitude test?
As in did you all manage to finish all 50 questions very confidently within timeframe?

Took it today and I think I cui the test liao, initially thought it was going to be a few questions but they really hammer us with long questions and a lot of mental arithmetic. In the end cannot finish in time
I think the test wants you to aggaration instead of actually count the result out.
I did most of the questions except the last comprehension.. I just randomed that part
iridiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 04:00 PM   #32
Arch-Supremacy Member

not planning to wait for official acceptance?
Can learn , learn a bit first lor ? Maybe can take some load off??
Old 11-10-2018, 04:01 PM   #33
Arch-Supremacy Member

i plan to do some online courses on python, java, etc. i also plan to get a new portable laptop for the course. but have not researched on which model to buy yet.
Ultra book or gaming pc type :0
Old 11-10-2018, 08:22 PM   #34

For the bros who got shortlisted, could I just found out how you all found the aptitude test?
As in did you all manage to finish all 50 questions very confidently within timeframe?

Took it today and I think I cui the test liao, initially thought it was going to be a few questions but they really hammer us with long questions and a lot of mental arithmetic. In the end cannot finish in time
i spent the 15min reading time to mentally answer diagramming questions, the 1hr was fully utilised to the last second to answer all 50qns. spent more time on the reasoning questions tho and was quite worried abt the results too.. especially they took more than a week to get back to u..
fernweh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 09:59 PM   #35

The test was challenging to me. I didnít complete about 4 to 5 qns under the logical and maths sections.
cb9j9@K4 likes this.
world-class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 02:00 PM   #36

I took the Oct 11 test also and finished 15mins ahead of time. I realised I got two questions wrong immediately after test ended. Moreover, I was not sure about the English comprehension part.
cb9j9@K4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2018, 11:34 AM   #37

I think the test wants you to aggaration instead of actually count the result out.
I did most of the questions except the last comprehension.. I just randomed that part
Ya, really force me to estimate out. Even then, some algebra die die cannot avoid penning it out. Now I think back, should have gone for easier points in comprehension first before going to reasoning.

i spent the 15min reading time to mentally answer diagramming questions, the 1hr was fully utilised to the last second to answer all 50qns. spent more time on the reasoning questions tho and was quite worried abt the results too.. especially they took more than a week to get back to u..
At least you finished whole paper. I think those with poorer time management have a few question need to tikam. How was your interview like?

The test was challenging to me. I didnít complete about 4 to 5 qns under the logical and maths sections.
I don't think you're alone. Looking at rest of candidates for my session, their expression tell me they found it quite a handful.

I took the Oct 11 test also and finished 15mins ahead of time. I realised I got two questions wrong immediately after test ended. Moreover, I was not sure about the English comprehension part.
Good for you friend if this is no csb. Have they shortlist you for interview?
Anon7108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2018, 09:38 PM   #38

Ya, really force me to estimate out. Even then, some algebra die die cannot avoid penning it out. Now I think back, should have gone for easier points in comprehension first before going to reasoning.

At least you finished whole paper. I think those with poorer time management have a few question need to tikam. How was your interview like?

I don't think you're alone. Looking at rest of candidates for my session, their expression tell me they found it quite a handful.

Good for you friend if this is no csb. Have they shortlist you for interview?
I just received the interview notice today. It is scheduled in two weeks.
Do they shortlist you for interview and when?

Last edited by cb9j9@K4; 16-10-2018 at 09:40 PM.. Reason: additional info
Old 16-10-2018, 09:48 PM   #39

in a few weeks' time.
Did he tell you when we'll be notified?
i got the email on mon and attended interview on wed. was like a casual chit chat session.
I was told likely by Nov and latest Dec.
Hey guys, just curious has anyone received the offer yet?
Old 17-10-2018, 11:54 PM   #40
Arch-Supremacy Member

No offer yet
cb9j9@K4 likes this.
Old 18-10-2018, 12:17 AM   #41

Ultra book or gaming pc type :0
Looking at Dell XPS15. Haha.
Old 18-10-2018, 12:18 AM   #42

No offer yet too. Update here if anyone receives offers!
cb9j9@K4 likes this.
Old 19-10-2018, 07:33 PM   #43

I just received the interview notice today. It is scheduled in two weeks.
Do they shortlist you for interview and when?
Mine's next week.

I think mostly no offers will be made yet until the application exercise is fully closed, they extended it till 31st Oct. Thereafter, they still need to schedule more aptitude test plus interviews for next batches. Therefore the estimated confirmation in Nov or Dec seems to be just about right. There could be exceptions for the really good ones maybe.
cb9j9@K4 likes this.
Old 21-10-2018, 07:23 PM   #44

Mine's next week.

I think mostly no offers will be made yet until the application exercise is fully closed, they extended it till 31st Oct. Thereafter, they still need to schedule more aptitude test plus interviews for next batches. Therefore the estimated confirmation in Nov or Dec seems to be just about right. There could be exceptions for the really good ones maybe.
Sounds a good news cuz they might not have as many prospective students as expected. We may have a higher chance to get in.
Old Yesterday, 12:41 AM   #45

Sounds a good news cuz they might not have as many prospective students as expected. We may have a higher chance to get in.
Hopefully so but I may not count on it.

I attended the last preview session which had approximately had 40-50 ppl. If you include interested parties from previous sessions, those that didn't attend and directly apply online, plus counting in the overseas recruitment drive for foreigners, we are looking at a sizeable potential pool of applicants. In fact, the representative told me it was over-subscribed several times for a cohort size of 100+.

The extension I think is to allow time for people to decide if they want to pursue the stackable option. It has difference in terms of flexibility of completion and also bigger funding support scheme.

We can only pray more people head for the stackable route to ease up the vacancies for full-timers because my speculation is foreigners are driving up the demand. The awareness of this course has become more high profile in recent years given the growing trend towards IT and the fact NUS keeps wooing overseas students.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.