HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NUS Graduate Diploma in Systems Analysis

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-11-2020, 04:46 PM   #526

Okay. I guess someone has created a group on telegram. Btw, Any idea about how are they going to conduct classes- online or at NUS?
I don't have a definite answer but my sister who is an NUS student told me that the school is fully operational and she started to go to school more often.

If i were to guess i think it will most likely be a half half scenario.
Alejandro_HL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2020, 05:55 PM   #527

It would depend on class size... and ISS capacity... so do not expect all to be zoom sessions...
Old 01-12-2020, 01:03 AM   #528

when you accept the offer how much must you pay? if take loan/grant or whatever tuition financial help how will that proceed?
circur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 10:00 AM   #529

Hi everyone/future applicants, just wanna post an update regarding my application process, I understand there are not too much information out there and it can be a very stressful process.

I applied on 14/10/2020 (1 day before the first deadline which was extended to 29/10/2020)

I took the aptitude (online test due to Covid-19) on 20/10/2020

I was a communication student who graduated 4 years ago. I definitely didnt do well for the mathematics parts of the test. Please look up the school's website because they have a sample but trust me, the actual test is amp-ed up by 10 times. Don't bother studying tho, it wont help. The only thing you can get ready for is the first diagramming segment, by looking at the sample you can kind of get the direction they are going for so the actual test won't catch you off guard. But that's all the advise I can give... the other 2/3 of the test = you know you know you dont know you dont know.

If I were to make a bet, I would bet that I failed the test.

Shortlisted for the interview on 09/11/2020 (Interview was on 11/11/2020)

As far as I know, most people get an interview if you get the diagramming part of the test right (I am pretty sure I got full marks there) and thankfully that part is not difficult as long as you know what to expect. The sample test helps a great ton. I would say waiting 3 weeks after your test is a safe estimate.

I was interviewed by one of the senior lecturers from the course. What he was looking for was whether I was going to try out or I was fully down for this. I don't believe there are people who apply for this to "try out" so make sure you know what you want to achieve from this course. If any of your answers involve "see how" then you are shooting yourself in the foot.

Oh and final thing, the interviewer may ask you if you are looking at a career switch and I know some of you may see "career switch" as a negative thing because it shows you are fickle and all that. But no, this course is for exactly that, don't be shy to say that is what you are looking at and be proud of it

Received the offer on 29/11/2020 (Sunday)

I was at the verge of giving up and felt very disappointed, but the offer came through! As you can tell, there were some who got their test, interview and offer all within a short 2 weeks but I got mine a whole month longer. This is the whole point of my post, to let you guys know what to expect!

As you can tell, the wait was excruciating. Especially when it already took so much consideration before even applying. It wasn't something most of us can "oh let's apply and see if we can get".

Hope this helps!

Hello classmate! Fellow comms person here, haha.

Didn't study comms at university, but have been working in media and comms industry for about the same time as you - perhaps slightly more.

Think you did a really good job summarising your experience! True mark of a comms grad!
awhitepen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 10:03 AM   #530

Okay. I guess someone has created a group on telegram. Btw, Any idea about how are they going to conduct classes- online or at NUS?
Hello! Yes, we have a Telegram group with approx 10 folks in there now.

I should be able to send PMs (10th post) now... so lemme know if you're interested to join the group!

Trying to start a study group to brush up before school starts as well if anyone is keen
Old 01-12-2020, 10:06 AM   #531

Please leave a note in this chat if you're keen to join our Telegram group chat for the Feb 2021 intake.
gracesyh likes this.

Last edited by awhitepen; 06-12-2020 at 10:34 AM..
Old 01-12-2020, 10:11 AM   #532

Congrats, you are not the final batch (I hope so) as Iím still holding my breath)
Yeah that's probably not the final batch.

The folks in the chat have been getting their offers at different timings over several different days for the second batch, as opposed to the first batch when we kinda all got our offers at the same time (close to midnight on a friday night )
Old 01-12-2020, 09:11 PM   #533

Hello! Yes, we have a Telegram group with approx 10 folks in there now.

I should be able to send PMs (10th post) now... so lemme know if you're interested to join the group!

Trying to start a study group to brush up before school starts as well if anyone is keen
Yes I am interested to join that group. Study group is a nice idea plz send me the link.

Last edited by Annieani; 01-12-2020 at 09:17 PM..
Annieani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 10:24 AM   #534

for me no news also. i guess rejected, when will we receive rejection letters?
Old 05-12-2020, 12:09 PM   #535

anyone from the extended deadline batch received offers or rejection letters already?
Old 07-12-2020, 01:07 PM   #536

anyone from the extended deadline batch received offers or rejection letters already?

hey, was the extended deadline batch who took the apt test on 30 Oct, interview on 19 Nov, and received offer on 3 Dec. Lecturer said the admissions team might take awhile to process, target is mid dec or end dec.

For now, can start learning the foundations of programming first. I thought a good start is the Swift Playground app (Learning to Code 1 and Learning to Code 2) on Mac OS or iOS and several other batch mates also started with the Harvard CS50 online course.
wuww6263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 02:40 PM   #537

Hi! I received my offer too! Could you let me know the link to the telegram group pls? Thanks!
gracesyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 11:05 PM   #538

Hi~ joining the study group sounds like a great idea! Please send me a link to the Telegram group as well 🙏 Thanks
z_wong3101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 06:28 PM   #539

Sent telegram link to both.

Cheers
Old 14-12-2020, 11:38 AM   #540

Hi ! I got an offer too. Could I get the link as well? Thanks
Yeehaw3512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.