HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NUS-ISS MTech Enterprise Business Analytics (EBAC)

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-11-2018, 11:43 AM   #16

You from what background ?? CS?
Anyone from engineering?

im from engineering...
cravingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2018, 11:52 AM   #17

i had interview on nov 6...called iss they say results will be released next week... but yet i heard ppl keep getting offer letter...
yes, feel quite depressed, nvm, all the best!
new_dvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2018, 11:57 AM   #18

yes, feel quite depressed, nvm, all the best!
thanks you too, when was ur interview?
Old 20-11-2018, 12:11 PM   #19
Arch-Supremacy Member

im from engineering...
do you need to take any tests or just submit an application?
btw, did you also considered the knowledge engineering?
YouHeypiCanLiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2018, 12:22 PM   #20

do you need to take any tests or just submit an application?
btw, did you also considered the knowledge engineering?
nah just EBAC, went through an entrance test followed by an interview, standard procedure isnt it
Old 20-11-2018, 12:58 PM   #21
Arch-Supremacy Member

nah just EBAC, went through an entrance test followed by an interview, standard procedure isnt it
how is the test like, coming from an engine background??

btw, I'm also looking at the stackable thingy, not sure how it works?
YouHeypiCanLiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2018, 01:09 PM   #22

thanks you too, when was ur interview?
My one was in October...
new_dvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2018, 08:34 AM   #23

i see i see. No wonder you already got offer letter. I applied for full time. two weeks passed and just verified the documents only.

Care to share the application process? What was your bachelor degree, the major, and local public/private or overseas? Did you went through the entry test and interview?
sorry didn't know that this thread now has so many replies liao..haha

the process is like...after the application you go for this entrance test..it's quite hard actually. not because the content is but there are a lot of questions for a 60 mins time limit.

my degree is in comp sci(private)

then afterwards they call you up for interview, ask some questions to make sure you know what you are applying for, etc

then is the long agonising wait..dead silence and I find myself keep refreshing email every now and then to wait for the acceptance email.

To those who have been rejected, just keep pressing on. I have applied many times to NUS; I think this is my third time. Every time I was rejected, I took on more courses online to enrich my knowledge and each time I apply, I keep enforcing the fact that I have improved in my tech skills, etc.. Don't give up, one day you will break through this admission barrier.
mrbongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2018, 01:23 PM   #24

sorry didn't know that this thread now has so many replies liao..haha

the process is like...after the application you go for this entrance test..it's quite hard actually. not because the content is but there are a lot of questions for a 60 mins time limit.

my degree is in comp sci(private)

then afterwards they call you up for interview, ask some questions to make sure you know what you are applying for, etc

then is the long agonising wait..dead silence and I find myself keep refreshing email every now and then to wait for the acceptance email.

To those who have been rejected, just keep pressing on. I have applied many times to NUS; I think this is my third time. Every time I was rejected, I took on more courses online to enrich my knowledge and each time I apply, I keep enforcing the fact that I have improved in my tech skills, etc.. Don't give up, one day you will break through this admission barrier.
thanks for sharing. I applied for about 3 weeks already. No calls for entrance test

Did you do the entrance test tgt at NUS with other applicants?
frotle009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2018, 03:43 PM   #25

thanks for sharing. I applied for about 3 weeks already. No calls for entrance test

The entrance test might not be at NUS. I took mine at a office building in the CBD area. I think they have a few dates for the tests. Anyway, there were about 40 people at the test.
mrbongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2018, 08:22 PM   #26

You should contact them to register for entrance test. I made the same mistake last year waiting their call for entrance test and in the end, my application was unsuccessful because i did not take up the test.
blackie_meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2018, 09:52 AM   #27

You should contact them to register for entrance test. I made the same mistake last year waiting their call for entrance test and in the end, my application was unsuccessful because i did not take up the test.
Many thanks for the advise. I contacted NUS immediately and they said the schedule is not out yet. The admin staff gave me a website to register for the EBAC info sharing session.

Are you going to register again for the same program?
Old 23-11-2018, 04:13 PM   #28

Yup! Just received a couple of days ago. Trying to see if anyone here has got into the same course as well.
Hi, i saw the tuition fees got 2 options from the website

Singaporeans & Singapore Permanent Residents(aged 21 years and above)
Total Fee (range)
S$19,951.22 to S$21,376.46

Singaporeans, Singapore Permanent Residents (without subsidies) & International Students
Total Fee (range)
S$52,023.40 to S$56,774.20

do u know we should refer to which one for citizen/PR holders?
EmoryHsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2018, 05:16 PM   #29

Hi, i saw the tuition fees got 2 options from the website

Singaporeans & Singapore Permanent Residents(aged 21 years and above)
Total Fee (range)
S$19,951.22 to S$21,376.46

Singaporeans, Singapore Permanent Residents (without subsidies) & International Students
Total Fee (range)
S$52,023.40 to S$56,774.20

do u know we should refer to which one for citizen/PR holders?
You can refer to this PDF:

http://www.nus.edu.sg/registrar/info...ionCurrent.pdf
For students who are Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents, the tuition fees quoted here are subsidised by the Singapore government (through the Ministry of Education, MOE) and are exclusive of prevailing GST. The applicable GST for these students is subsidised by MOE. With effect from AY2018/2019, newly admitted Singapore Permanent Residents from Double Degree Programme comprising an MBA from Renmin University of China (RUC) and Master of Science in Real Estate (MRE) from NUS are not eligible for MOE subsidy.
All singaporeans and PRS are eligible for the subsidized sch fees. Those with scholarship are not eligible. That's my understanding.
Old 23-11-2018, 05:37 PM   #30

hmm, i thought Mtech EBAC is not MOE-subsidised. Refer to this pdf:

Feel confusing who will provide the subsidies for this program...
EmoryHsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.