HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Private degree to Local masters/local bachelors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-08-2018, 09:00 PM   #1

Private degree to Local masters/local bachelors

Hi, may I know what is the minimum gpa for private degree to local masters? Those non-research intensive ones maybe, those coursework ones? Like Masters in communication in NUS? Don't think they will accept us for research intensive ones. What about overseas ones? What if you graduate from a private institution and you are thinking of taking Nursing at NUS/real estate/hospitality etc/occupational therapy or those less popular courses? I think its unlikely that we will stand a chance for duke nus...
menageatrois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2018, 10:24 PM   #2
Supremacy Member

Hi, may I know what is the minimum gpa for private degree to local masters? Those non-research intensive ones maybe, those coursework ones? Like Masters in communication in NUS? Don't think they will accept us for research intensive ones. What about overseas ones? What if you graduate from a private institution and you are thinking of taking Nursing at NUS/real estate/hospitality etc/occupational therapy or those less popular courses? I think its unlikely that we will stand a chance for duke nus...
From what I understand, applications are considered on a case-by-case basis. There is no set "cut-off" GPA point.

If you have the passion, have a few years of relevant work experience and interested in pursuing further studies, having a private degree should not stop you from applying. If you don't take the first step to apply, there is a 100% sure chance of not getting into the programme so what's there to lose?

Have some confidence and don't harp on the fact that you don't hold a bachelors' from a local uni. Those negative thoughts may be stopping you from achieving what you want.
FreDeRicK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2018, 02:18 PM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

i heard local master, the pte degree can go in one. not sure how true.
sellbuyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2018, 02:43 PM   #4

From what I understand, applications are considered on a case-by-case basis. There is no set "cut-off" GPA point.

If you have the passion, have a few years of relevant work experience and interested in pursuing further studies, having a private degree should not stop you from applying. If you don't take the first step to apply, there is a 100% sure chance of not getting into the programme so what's there to lose?

Have some confidence and don't harp on the fact that you don't hold a bachelors' from a local uni. Those negative thoughts may be stopping you from achieving what you want.
Yup; this is correct. Masters application requirements is more holistic in a sense as they consider other things apart from grades.
zidmosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2018, 02:43 PM   #5

i heard local master, the pte degree can go in one. not sure how true.
Yup, this is true. I am one of them
zidmosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2018, 06:54 AM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yup, this is true. I am one of them
how your pte degree grade?
sellbuyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:16 AM   #7

Duke nus...

Heard a lot of foreign student from unknown schools
Johnpierpontmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 04:45 PM   #8

really ah

Duke nus...

Heard a lot of foreign student from unknown schools
don't siao siao leh….if really so lucky I want to apply liao….sounds too good to be true leh. I can become your doc-tar liao!
menageatrois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 12:10 PM   #9
Supremacy Member

As long as you have good result for MCAT and 1st degree will do.

don't siao siao leh….if really so lucky I want to apply liao….sounds too good to be true leh. I can become your doc-tar liao!
Old 13-09-2018, 03:19 PM   #10

normally u need at least 2 yrs of industrial experience to do yr relevant master -for local u like ntu and nus
xthene is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.