HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

TFIP IBF Cyber Security

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-06-2020, 12:32 AM   #256
Arch-Supremacy Member

well yeah but some people will never (or cant take overnight shift) no matter how much the pay is. they can work outside of normal working hours but they just unable to work regular overnight shifts. so sometimes better to still ask just in case at the right time. as for caliper of course better to be honest than to try and "ace" it.
I agree that not everyone is ok with regular night shift. To me the chances of doing OT is much higher than night shifts, I can't really comment much on people with family or any other commitments though.

I think the end goal of everyone here is to get converted into perm 1 way or another, not focused about working hours and so on. I got called by both first and second choice. The interview for each of them gives me very distinct vibe from each other.
jgyy1990 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 12:34 AM   #257
Supremacy Member

If your concern is shift rotation. If there are a lot of shifts (like 12 hr night 12 hr day rotation), they definitely would have mention it during the interview. Overtime and standby though, sometimes they might forget to mention because it is "normal" to them, for those whom have been working in IT field for long. Also if they do offer you, you probably still can ask these questions and think for a few days before you accept or reject.

If your concern is pay. Then you have signed up for the wrong program, and kindly let the others who want it more have it hehe. I believe many will still take up this program even if the pay was only 5.5k in total for the whole 2 years (yes, just 5.5k for whole 2 years, not per month).
5.5k for 2 years? That's provided the company pays for my HDB loan and children's expenses.
Cryophoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 12:00 PM   #258

These are the FIs that have reached out for interviews:

Goldman - DA track
DBS - AI Track
Deutsche - AI Track
OCBC - DA & CC Track
Stan chart - CS Track
UOB - CC Track
Citi - CC Track

Do update this list if there’s new updates.
Hi all!

Just hope to keep everyone updated on the FI's progress in their interviewing activities.

I had a phone interview yesterday morning by Citibank in CC Track.
Kingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 12:11 PM   #259

I wish everyone here all the best! May we all secure what we desire in our hearts.
Old 30-06-2020, 12:25 PM   #260
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi all!

Just hope to keep everyone updated on the FI's progress in their interviewing activities.

I had a phone interview yesterday morning by Citibank in CC Track.
how the phone interview for citibank CC track, i heard from somebody else that they pose quite a lot of questions on cloud concepts.
Old 30-06-2020, 12:47 PM   #261

how the phone interview for citibank CC track, i heard from somebody else that they pose quite a lot of questions on cloud concepts.
Indeed they did for 35 mins. A lot of very technical questions. Approximately about 55%-60% of their questions are on infrastructure rather than just cloud. Hope this helps for those to be interviewed this week / coming weeks.
Old 30-06-2020, 01:04 PM   #262

Indeed they did for 35 mins. A lot of very technical questions. Approximately about 55%-60% of their questions are on infrastructure rather than just cloud. Hope this helps for those to be interviewed this week / coming weeks.
What is iaas, paas, saas. What is public, private, hybrid. How is data in cloud secured? Benefits of cloud? What is scrum vs waterfall? What is devops? Talk about your previous software projects
j4yp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 01:42 PM   #263
Arch-Supremacy Member

my interview with UOB is somewhat similar to what you described. To them cloud are just one of many tools used in infrastructure. I was not asked questions like xaas, cloud model nor any infrastructure paradigm. They are more curious on my understanding on architecture, microservices, networking and security.
Old 30-06-2020, 02:08 PM   #264

my interview with UOB is somewhat similar to what you described. To them cloud are just one of many tools used in infrastructure. I was not asked questions like xaas, cloud model nor any infrastructure paradigm. They are more curious on my understanding on architecture, microservices, networking and security.
Yeah! I got quite a few networking, security & database queries questions.
Old 30-06-2020, 02:13 PM   #265

What is iaas, paas, saas. What is public, private, hybrid. How is data in cloud secured? Benefits of cloud? What is scrum vs waterfall? What is devops? Talk about your previous software projects
Yep! I was asked to give details about my past experience in project management.
Old 30-06-2020, 02:19 PM   #266

hi for the interview phone calls, do they call using local number or overseas numbers?
lemonko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 03:12 PM   #267
Arch-Supremacy Member

local Singapore number for me.
Old 30-06-2020, 07:21 PM   #268

Seems OCBC started interview for DA & CC track. No updates regarding CS and Full Stack tracks.

Anyone got any updates for OCBC?
MadMaxChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 07:44 PM   #269
Arch-Supremacy Member

Seems OCBC started interview for DA & CC track. No updates regarding CS and Full Stack tracks.

Anyone got any updates for OCBC?
u got interview ?
havetheveryfun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 09:35 PM   #270

u got interview ?
Not from OCBC. I applied CS track.
MadMaxChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.