HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

TFIP IBF Cyber Security

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-07-2020, 09:43 PM   #316

Hi j4yp33, things happen for a reason which we do not know and sometimes, like this, we have no control. Good thing is you have db offer. Maybe maybe ... it’s for the better. All the best to your 2 yrs with db. Once the dust settled, we will be entering a new chapter in our careers. Cya at digipen training. #youNeverWalkAlone
I'm actually a digipen grad, and another credential from digipen isn't going to "diversify" my cv much. But yeah, see you in class soon
j4yp33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2020, 10:28 PM   #317

I'm actually a digipen grad, and another credential from digipen isn't going to "diversify" my cv much. But yeah, see you in class soon
hi j4ypy33, was it tough at digipen back then in your undergrad days? any "nasty surprise" from digipen instructors or really what can we expect from digipen other than its fame for game engineers? hope you can share more here else you can pm me too. cheers
datageek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2020, 02:35 PM   #318

Hey, anybody here received offers from DBS yet?? Thanks! :-)
Misokatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2020, 03:03 PM   #319

hi misokatsu, which track did u apply at dbs? i think they already finalised ai since ai is the first track to be interviewed.
Old 28-07-2020, 03:49 PM   #320

Hey, anybody here received offers from DBS yet?? Thanks! :-)
I got a call for the CC track last week, but haven't heard from them since then.
(probably rejected..)
Arcrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2020, 04:05 PM   #321

I got a call for the CC track last week, but haven't heard from them since then.
(probably rejected..)
if you were rejected, you should receive an email from them. I got 1 rejection email from DBS for CC.. but i was never interviewed. Probably screened out from the list.
Dalias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2020, 04:44 PM   #322

if you were rejected, you should receive an email from them. I got 1 rejection email from DBS for CC.. but i was never interviewed. Probably screened out from the list.
Hi Dalias. I thought u already confirmed AIA's offer for CC Track liao? You mean after your confirmation, DBS still get in touch with you? I couldn't understand the part you mentioned that DBS can still sent u a rejection email even though in the 1st place you didn't even had a single chance to be interviewed by them?

May I ask which were the 1st & 2nd choices you indicated during your CC track application?
Kingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2020, 06:59 PM   #323

hi misokatsu, which track did u apply at dbs? i think they already finalised ai since ai is the first track to be interviewed.
Hi Datageek, I applied for the cybersecurity track. Had an interview with the DBS hiring managers last week but havent heard from them since :/ can i know which track did u applied for?

Last edited by Misokatsu; 28-07-2020 at 07:08 PM..
Old 28-07-2020, 07:09 PM   #324

Hi Dalias. I thought u already confirmed AIA's offer for CC Track liao? You mean after your confirmation, DBS still get in touch with you? I couldn't understand the part you mentioned that DBS can still sent u a rejection email even though in the 1st place you didn't even had a single chance to be interviewed by them?

May I ask which were the 1st & 2nd choices you indicated during your CC track application?
Hi Kingdom, yes you are right. i already interviewed and got offered by AIA and accepted in principle probably like 2 weeks back. While i didn't receive any calls from DBS for interview, they sent me an rejection email anyway last friday (not sure why, maybe its part of their process to inform all candidates sent to them). Yes 1st choice, AIA and 2nd was DBS. Hope this is clear..
Dalias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2020, 07:45 PM   #325

Hi Datageek, I applied for the cybersecurity track. Had an interview with the DBS hiring managers last week but havent heard from them since :/ can i know which track did u applied for?
Hi misokatsu, I applied to the ai track. The interviews were done like 3 weeks ago. Since you mentioned that u just had an interview with DBS only last week, I guess they will probably finalize by end of this week or even next week. Bear in mind that they really have many candidates to interview. Their hr people are working very hard these days.

If the fi is going to give an offer or rejection, it will be done through the ibf. Thus, if u really want any update, you can email IBF. Usually it takes about 2 days for IBF to return email. IBF staff are also very busy during this period.

Wish you all the best and hope the right offer will come soon. Cheers
Old 29-07-2020, 09:51 AM   #326

Hi misokatsu, I applied to the ai track. The interviews were done like 3 weeks ago. Since you mentioned that u just had an interview with DBS only last week, I guess they will probably finalize by end of this week or even next week. Bear in mind that they really have many candidates to interview. Their hr people are working very hard these days.

If the fi is going to give an offer or rejection, it will be done through the ibf. Thus, if u really want any update, you can email IBF. Usually it takes about 2 days for IBF to return email. IBF staff are also very busy during this period.

Wish you all the best and hope the right offer will come soon. Cheers
Hi Datageek, thanks so much for the info! Will drop IBF an email. Just curious, did DBS offer you the AI track? How long did it take for them to get back to you?
Old 29-07-2020, 10:43 AM   #327

Hi Datageek, thanks so much for the info! Will drop IBF an email. Just curious, did DBS offer you the AI track? How long did it take for them to get back to you?
hi misokatsu, yes ai track. took about 2 weeks after final interview. all the best and remember to keep up-skilling in your tech stack!
Old 02-08-2020, 07:10 PM   #328

only email from IBF right ? UOB havent call to arrange ?
Attended the Uob cs interview last week via ms teams app. sad to say, i was not his ideal candidate as he wanted someone with deep hands on exp in some IT domains.

Last edited by Cyber-HeMan; 02-08-2020 at 07:41 PM..
Cyber-HeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 07:20 PM   #329

Wise move! Time waits for no man... always have backup plans. As for me, just continue doing my current job. Got chance to switch, switch as i'm turning 50 real soon. No chance to switch then continue to look around to see where got good lobangs.

What course u taking at SP & when the course starting?
Certificate in engineering with biz (https://www.sp.edu.sg/pace/courses/s...-with-business). 1 yr prog starting 1st Sept. However, i am oso considering other courses at this point in time.

1st Sept is a gd date to start since by that time, tfip would come to a close.

There is one adv dip in python programming and data analytics from smu for sgunitedskills (https://academy.smu.edu.sg/sgunited-...analytics-5086). $500 for 6 mths. is it better?
0x0011 likes this.

Last edited by Cyber-HeMan; 03-08-2020 at 09:22 AM.. Reason: add more details
Cyber-HeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 05:40 AM   #330
Arch-Supremacy Member

Attended the Uob cs interview last week via ms teams app. sad to say, i was not his ideal candidate as he wanted someone with deep hands on exp in some IT domains.
teams app? thats weird, my friend said his one was skype conference call (just phone).

anyway, thanks for sharing and that sucks and also kind of defeats the purpose of this program.
havetheveryfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.