HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

TFIP IBF Data Analytics

Like Tree46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2020, 02:59 AM   #226

Dun tink so. I also had engineering degree but I jus applied Anw. Yes it's possible to apply for max 2 tracks.

Anw I haven't gotten my email for invitation to online test...
i don have any programming language knowledge and i hold an engineering degree. so that i means i can apply for DA track only right?
Old 08-05-2020, 03:47 AM   #227
Arch-Supremacy Member

to improve your chances, its better to have one.
jgyy1990 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 05:14 PM   #228

I have just applied for the Data Analytics track but have yet to receive email on the assessment (checked both inbox and junk box). Has anyone received the anything yet?
wait_ii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 08:38 PM   #229

i find that for such kind of courses - TFIP IBF Data Analytics are just "money-sucking" or money-spinning for the schools as well as for the lecturers to earn rice-bowl money. For any mid-career switch, why would any employers want to consider such kind candidates (TFIP IBF Data Analytics) over some other full-time SUTD/SUSS/NUS/SMU or even full-time Diploma graduates from SP/RP who have done internship.

To learn all the knowledge of data analytics, there's so many Machine Learning/Deep Learning textbooks to read & most important to use these knowledge to apply & solve problems that's more valuable than just attending courses. If one is really very interested in Data Analytics, should consider either Masters Degree from NUS/NTU/DigiPen instead of such short courses of 18 months with TFIP IBF Data Analytics.
clemen_ang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 08:56 PM   #230

i find that for such kind of courses - TFIP IBF Data Analytics are just "money-sucking" or money-spinning for the schools as well as for the lecturers to earn rice-bowl money. For any mid-career switch, why would any employers want to consider such kind candidates (TFIP IBF Data Analytics) over some other full-time SUTD/SUSS/NUS/SMU or even full-time Diploma graduates from SP/RP who have done internship.

To learn all the knowledge of data analytics, there's so many Machine Learning/Deep Learning textbooks to read & most important to use these knowledge to apply & solve problems that's more valuable than just attending courses. If one is really very interested in Data Analytics, should consider either Masters Degree from NUS/NTU/DigiPen instead of such short courses of 18 months with TFIP IBF Data Analytics.

you do know that for this, candidates are not paying the school nor the company right? instead, the candidates are being paid to learn

separately, does anyone with assessment has different timing from 23 may 11am?
JudeBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 09:07 PM   #231
Arch-Supremacy Member

This is a conversion program catered for mid career individual. Employer consider such candidates due to the wage subsidy provided by government. If a person can learn the skill sets without attending any course, that would be a lot of cost savings for the student.

And to be even more specific, this data analytic course is only 24 working days if not wrong and the rest of 18 months is attached to a company. I am not from the data science track, but i do not think their main focus is on Machine Learning as that is more towards AI.
Old 08-05-2020, 09:20 PM   #232
Supremacy Member

I have just applied for the Data Analytics track but have yet to receive email on the assessment (checked both inbox and junk box). Has anyone received the anything yet?
I applied about 2 wks ago but nvr get any reply till now.
jeffrey745 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 09:44 PM   #233

the data analytics track is not data science/AI/ML.

they said so in the video (on youtube). you will be doing mostly grunt data work and data visualization.
FrostWurm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 09:52 PM   #234
High Supremacy Member

Only ceca need apply
sanzhu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 10:55 PM   #235

you do know that for this, candidates are not paying the school nor the company right? instead, the candidates are being paid to learn

separately, does anyone with assessment has different timing from 23 may 11am?
There should only be one session. All the best!
sollll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 02:16 PM   #236
Arch-Supremacy Member

Only ceca need apply
eh what is with you and ceca? didn't somebody already address that issue last year? are you going to repeat the same statement in 2021?

but on a very hard reality there is a lot of ceca taking up IT jobs in Singapore. Just not this program.
Old 12-05-2020, 10:17 PM   #237

Anyone received a separate email from Luminus yet ? I only received the IBF email
shadow3103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2020, 02:11 PM   #238
Arch-Supremacy Member

same i only received the IBF email. Good luck on your test.
Old 13-05-2020, 09:03 PM   #239

Received reply from IBF. They will start sending the email from next week onward
Old 18-05-2020, 12:06 PM   #240

Has anyone received the email from LumiNUS to activate the account? I have just received the email from IBF on the online assessment.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.