TFIP IBF Data Analytics

datageek

Reaction score
Bro, you are not alone.. I got rejected by two FIs.. plus nagged by my wife for being rejected lol.. hahas

Not u reject the FIs mah, but the FIs that do the rejection. So logically, should ask your wife to go nag the FI to change from reject to accept you mah. Lol :)

Kingdom

Reaction score
Mine first round interview with HR, so the HR later emailed to inform didn't make it to second round.

Regret to hear that bro.

Hope there will still be other FIs that will eventually invite u for interview/s.

May I ask, if u dun mind, which FI & which track did the rejection took place?

Did that FI's HR auto sent u that rejection email? Or u have to email them first for a follow up?

Which day you had that interview and which day they sent u that rejection email? In other words how many days later then they gave u the said update?

Since more FIs are coming onboard, I think you will still have good opportunities moving forward.

Kingdom

Reaction score
Just got an interview by IBF that i am shortlisted by JP Morgan for the DA track... can anyone share with me on some questions they might ask?

At least for those who went to DA interview already?

I have minimal experience but i am currently in the midst of applying for courses to upgrade myself

Please share...[/QUOTE]

How's your DA interview preparation with JP Morgan?

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Regret to hear that bro.

Hope there will still be other FIs that will eventually invite u for interview/s.

May I ask, if u dun mind, which FI & which track did the rejection took place?

Did that FI's HR auto sent u that rejection email? Or u have to email them first for a follow up?

Which day you had that interview and which day they sent u that rejection email? In other words how many days later then they gave u the said update?

Since more FIs are coming onboard, I think you will still have good opportunities moving forward.

woah relax bro.. so many questions

sgx for cs track.. cos 1st round is with HR so they just emailed to say didnt make it to 2nd round after few days.

ska8er

Reaction score
Just had an interview with FWD for DA track.

Questions they ask

1) Your understanding/definition between Data science and Business Intelligence
2) Any business case was done? hypothesis testing/linear regression model
3)Soft-Skills qns - How you manage work? / what frustrates you? how you overcome those?
4) What do you know about the company?

Fingers crossed

Kingdom

Reaction score
ya good one. thanks :s13:
but I still need to wait 1 more week for another round of interview.

hopefully can get. :s13:

All the best bro! Hope next week good news will arrive for all of us here!

BTW, which FI & track was that?

DetourAhead

Reaction score
Heard that the first round of selections are more or less finalized.

Was told by IBF that for those who have not been selected by their preferred FIs or who are rejected would have their portfolios forwarded to the other FIs and should hear back within the next 2 weeks. Personally, I haven't heard back from any of my selected FIs so I guess I'll have to start applying for the SG united programs :(

occifer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Heard that the first round of selections are more or less finalized.

Was told by IBF that for those who have not been selected by their preferred FIs or who are rejected would have their portfolios forwarded to the other FIs and should hear back within the next 2 weeks. Personally, I haven't heard back from any of my selected FIs so I guess I'll have to start applying for the SG united programs :(

I thought sg united programmes are only for recent grads?

Sent from me using GAGT

silentears

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not intending to be a downer, but round 2 have much more limited slots. Still i hope you get selected in round 2 though.

Maybe just cramp as much DA knowledge as you can to impress the interviewers.

:( hais batch 2 here.

DetourAhead

Reaction score
:( hais batch 2 here.

Weren't you called up for a couple of interviews though?

sgunited is catered for those currently jobless. dont think you can take up a job while undergoing sgunited skills though.

Yeah, no choice.. Still no news here, maybe I'll try email them again next week to see if they're able to check on the status of my application

occifer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.