HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

TFIP IBF Data Analytics

Like Tree50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-06-2020, 03:11 PM   #466

Personally I do not like the idea of multiple round as I do not see how is it beneficial to the company to do so. I would rather the interview to be extended to 1 hour instead of going round after round. Its not like you are taking more senior role which requires even more assessments.

No questions about my python knowledge for CC as programming language is not the focus of CC in the first place. Cloud computing of course covers microservices and containerization, but what they will ask in general is your understanding in Linux.

Plus some experienced software developer will know about docker as they can write the container scripts themselves along with whatever application they building. AI is not much of an interest for me so I cant give any advise for that.
thanks jgyy.

do they come up with a hypothetical technical scenario and ask you how to approach it or solve it in the context of CC?
datageek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2020, 03:28 PM   #467
Arch-Supremacy Member

thanks jgyy.

do they come up with a hypothetical technical scenario and ask you how to approach it or solve it in the context of CC?
I received zero hypothetical scenario questions. It is mostly on what I have experienced before, how I approach it and solve the technical issue. To me this is not an easy question to answer, but I do manage to give lengthy answers to all these queries.

You really need to have a very good background knowledge on the track itself in order to improve your chances. Of course the hiring manager will see if you can adapt to changes, work well with teams and many other aptitude aspects. But to me the technical understanding is more important than aptitude as I believe that none of us here are naïve about aptitude.
jgyy1990 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 11:38 AM   #468

i can see why a lot of people (me including) didn't finish the assessment test... too long and rusty liao don't remember all the sec school stuff.
Campbellsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 12:03 PM   #469

These are the FIs that have reached out for interviews:

Goldman - DA track
DBS - AI Track
Deutsche - AI Track
OCBC - DA & CC Track
Stan chart - CS Track
UOB - CC Track
Citi - CC Track

Do update this list if there’s new updates.
Hi all!

Just hope to keep everyone updated on the FI's progress in their interviewing activities.

I had a phone interview yesterday morning by Citibank in CC Track.
Kingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 12:03 PM   #470

i can see why a lot of people (me including) didn't finish the assessment test... too long and rusty liao don't remember all the sec school stuff.
were u able to check your score?
silentears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 12:13 PM   #471

I wish everyone here all the best! May we all secure what we desire in our hearts.
Kingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 12:16 PM   #472

Haiz. Just did my DA test. Tried to be too perfect
Was only able to compleye 15 questions
mkbmp216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 12:45 PM   #473
Arch-Supremacy Member

the program is being marketed as something for mid career switchers..

yet the requirements, tests and knowledge required seemed to prefer experienced candidates.. haha
havetheveryfun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 12:55 PM   #474
Arch-Supremacy Member

yet the requirements, tests and knowledge required seemed to prefer experienced candidates.. haha
Regarding that, IBF is well aware of the fact that this program is for mid career switchers. Based on the conversation I have with them, IBF told the FI multiple times that this is a traineeship which candidates are totally new in the industry.

However like you said, the process seems to favor experienced candidates. The dilemma is that really experienced candidates will not choose traineeship and they can get better package elsewhere. For me after my interview I went to feedback my interview experience with IBF career service. This is the best I can do if I wish for the system to improve.
Old 30-06-2020, 12:59 PM   #475

I am inclined to agree with you. But to be fair, I have no relevant professional experience and have made it quite far into the selection process.

Maybe I'm at an advantage because I'm a software engineer and I took relevant courses during circuit breaker. This is to display interest in the tracks that I applied to.
j4yp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 01:40 PM   #476

were u able to check your score?
No there wasn't any part for checking the score haha... only received an acknowledgement email saying i have completed the assessment.
Old 30-06-2020, 01:42 PM   #477

That's definitely true... haha i tried doing some mock questions before but nothing exactly prepared me for the test. I think two of my answers were guess work.

You've been efficient at this test if you are in a stats related environment + have been tutoring or doing a/e maths questions for a while.
Old 30-06-2020, 02:11 PM   #478
Arch-Supremacy Member

I am inclined to agree with you. But to be fair, I have no relevant professional experience and have made it quite far into the selection process.

Maybe I'm at an advantage because I'm a software engineer and I took relevant courses during circuit breaker. This is to display interest in the tracks that I applied to.
Based on my 2 interview experience, if you have prior experience like being software engineer, they will tend to ask more on your work experience there and how you manage problems and seek solutions.

I also took quite a few relevant courses during the circuit breaker, but given the 30 minute time limit, I do not have any chance to talk about it at all.
Old 30-06-2020, 02:20 PM   #479

hi for the interview phone calls, do they call using local number or overseas numbers?
lemonko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 02:39 PM   #480

Based on my 2 interview experience, if you have prior experience like being software engineer, they will tend to ask more on your work experience there and how you manage problems and seek solutions.

I also took quite a few relevant courses during the circuit breaker, but given the 30 minute time limit, I do not have any chance to talk about it at all.
just had my interview this morning. ai track.

supposedly 30 mins but ended up 60 mins long.

pretty technical in nature as expected. the interviewer got my resume. know i did some studies in analytics. gotta know your stuff well to answer. gotta explain some of the ml models and how they worked, the application of them, what and how i can apply them in current work domain and the fi. some simple programming questions.

got to know more of the interviewer work nature in my questions. basically, i can see that they are very hands-on and deal a lot with technologies and programming. good for me to know more about what they are doing. the actually learning curve will be very steep at the work place. if someone is there just for the money, better think twice. u really need genuine interest, aptitude and hard work to make it. not easy doing their work, good luck man! haha. definitely not for the faint-hearted. lol.

good luck and all the best to those taking virtual interviews this week.

(*PS remember to test your computer cam and audio working well with simple app like zoom before your actually interview.)

Last edited by datageek; 30-06-2020 at 03:36 PM..
datageek is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.