HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

TFIP IBF Data Analytics

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-07-2020, 06:48 PM   #571

hi dayspring,

"do you mind sharing about the interview by dbs? are they asking very technical questions?"

dbs has 2 rounds.

in the first round, the hr will call. during the call, hr will ask you questions pertaining to your background, motivation and some very hr questions which you will usually encounter during interviews.

2nd round. if you pass the phone interview, hr will ask you do an online psychometric test (not calipher test from ibf). no right or wrong questions. just answer honestly with a straight face. lol. after that, you will head to round 2 interview with the relevant tech staff. generally, they will ask you technical questions based on what's show up on your cv. if you have done a python programming course before, get ready for some python questions. if you have done a machine learning course, expect ml related questions. they don't really ask hard questions. they ask simple and fair questions. know how to relate what you know to the application in the banking problems. i think it's fair for them to ask this one. i kenna this question too. different tech stack has different tech guys. so they might ask different questions and at different levels.

other than that, hr staff is present in the round 2 too. remember to ask tech and job related question. don't ask the tech staff questions pertaining to hr matters.

"how long was the interview?"

based on my personal experience, round 1 about 30 mins. round 2 about 60 mins.

which track did you apply to at dbs?

last but not least, all the best to your interview and keep us posted ya
Congrats Datageek! You made it! I think u really do deserved this offer.

As for me, I had 1 phone interview with DBS HR for 27 mins on last Thursday late afternoon pertaining to Cloud Computing Track. She said this week or next will update me again. I hope the tech guys will not ask too difficult questions on Cloud Technology as I'm currently not working in a Cloud role. I'm managing sales in ERP solutions.

May I ask u what technical questions the tech guys asked u during your 2nd round with them?

Thanking u in advance for sharing!
Kingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2020, 07:23 PM   #572

For me the hardest question I faced during the interview is why do you intend to leave your current employment. For cloud computing you need to have a rough understanding on the cloud architecture, otherwise a lot of things you will be stuck.

During my interview I explained how i set up my own CICD pipeline for AWS resources, whether it is networking portion, security portion or anything else. What i focus most in the cloud is serverless as it is the cheapest option for me and i do not need to create much unnecessary configuration to the VM.
Great sharing bro! Thanks for your generous sharing! OCBC is fortunate to have u onboard with them!
Old 21-07-2020, 07:26 PM   #573

Btw, I would like to ask everyone here again... anybody gotten offers from Citi yet pertaining to the Cloud Computing Track?

Thanks in advance for advising!
Old 21-07-2020, 10:38 PM   #574

Congrats Datageek! You made it! I think u really do deserved this offer.

As for me, I had 1 phone interview with DBS HR for 27 mins on last Thursday late afternoon pertaining to Cloud Computing Track. She said this week or next will update me again. I hope the tech guys will not ask too difficult questions on Cloud Technology as I'm currently not working in a Cloud role. I'm managing sales in ERP solutions.

May I ask u what technical questions the tech guys asked u during your 2nd round with them?

Thanking u in advance for sharing!
hi kingdom,

what tech questions did they ask me?

it has to go back to what's on my cv because the interviewer asked based on what i know.

currently pursuing a micromasters in analytics iin which i studied analytical modelling, computing for data analysis and data analytics for business. using mainly python and r.

the tech interviewer seems like someone with a strong programming background, so he ask me quite a few python and r programming questions relating to function, data types, syntax and methods. i actually screwed up a few programming questions related to loading csv function ... something i always use for programming assignments that i usually cut and paste that until i kinda forgot that for r lang. haha.

some questions on supervised, unsupervised and semi-supervised learning. what ml algo can i apply to the equity markets (currently working in equity trading) where my current work is about. some questions on how can i apply ml for one project that i would like to do in dbs bank and why.

as for yourself, are you applying for the cloud track? i believe jgyy will have alot of useful interview tips to share with you. lol

all the best to your future endeavors !

Last edited by datageek; 21-07-2020 at 11:26 PM..
datageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2020, 12:13 PM   #575

Hello people, I am happy to share that I got offered by Standard Chartered and Dymon Asia. I ultimately chose Dymon Asia (mainly because I was told they will have a position available at the end of the course).

Anyone know anything about Dymon Asia? I can't seem to find a lot of info online. Even their glassdoor is pretty empty.
MadMaxChan and datageek like this.
Ms.FindingMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2020, 01:44 PM   #576

Hello people, I am happy to share that I got offered by Standard Chartered and Dymon Asia. I ultimately chose Dymon Asia (mainly because I was told they will have a position available at the end of the course).

Anyone know anything about Dymon Asia? I can't seem to find a lot of info online. Even their glassdoor is pretty empty.
Congrats Ms.FindingMoney! Were these 2 FIs your 1st & 2nd choices indicated earlier during your application?
Old 22-07-2020, 03:05 PM   #577

Congrats Ms.FindingMoney! Were these 2 FIs your 1st & 2nd choices indicated earlier during your application?
Yup, my first 2 choices.
Ms.FindingMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2020, 08:09 PM   #578

@ms.findingmoney - dymon i think the role is mostly related to quantitative analysis, i saw before they looking for people to code in R shiny, build dashboard etc.

just posting here, did anybody apply to the following program as well?

https://www.ntuclearninghub.com/sgun...-cd780a8e-0903
https://grow.google/intl/ALL_sg/skil...l=pathways-faq

can share some insights or we can make another group.

anybody from batch 2 got back their results? the waiting game is long

Last edited by silentears; 22-07-2020 at 08:36 PM..
silentears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2020, 04:07 PM   #579

Hello everyone,

I have been following the discussion here all the time. Appreciate your sharing and information. I just accepted the offer which came to me first and there is still no replies from other FIs that I had interviews with.

im very excited to the new journey. See you soon.
Morandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2020, 04:54 PM   #580

Hello everyone,

I have been following the discussion here all the time. Appreciate your sharing and information. I just accepted the offer which came to me first and there is still no replies from other FIs that I had interviews with.

congrats morandi, which FI and track are taking up?
datageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2020, 06:28 PM   #581

congrats morandi, which FI and track are taking up?
DA track with citibank
datageek likes this.
Morandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2020, 07:29 PM   #582

Hello everyone,

Congrats Morandi. Thanks for sharing to us your DA offer from Citi!

May I ask what other tracks & FIs you applied to?

And which FIs had interviewed you before but yet to offer you?
Old 29-07-2020, 10:08 PM   #583

DA track with citibank
grats, were u from the 2nd batch?
i think i am rejected by citi already if this is the case

on a side note, the SG United Skills Programme is only for jobless people to apply izzit? Like if u are holding a contract/temp role cannont apply?

e.g. https://www.ntuclearninghub.com/sgun...-88b413d8-0412

i heard there is a telegram group somewhere, can i join?

Last edited by silentears; 29-07-2020 at 10:33 PM..
silentears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2020, 10:13 PM   #584
Arch-Supremacy Member

grats, were u from the 2nd batch?
i think i am rejected by citi already if this is the case

on a side note, the SG United Skills Programme is only for jobless people to apply izzit? Like if u are holding a contract/temp role cannont apply?

e.g. https://www.ntuclearninghub.com/sgun...-88b413d8-0412

i heard that was a telegram group somewhere, can i join?
u already receive rejections for both IBF 1st and 2nd choices?
havetheveryfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2020, 10:34 PM   #585

u already receive rejections for both IBF 1st and 2nd choices?
How to receive that said rejections? IBF had emailed / will email automatically to inform rejected applicants so that they don't have to waste time waiting for a reply?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.