www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Post-Degree Programs & Courses (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/post-degree-programs-courses-215/)
-   -   TFIP IBF Full Stack Development (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/post-degree-programs-courses-215/tfip-ibf-full-stack-development-6049006.html)

MadMaxChan 22-05-2019 01:15 PM

TFIP IBF Full Stack Development

Hi,
Did anyone got invitation email for assessment or anything regarding the invitation after you applied for Technology in Finance Immersion Program - Full Stack Development?

bluestone27 07-06-2019 07:08 PM

Anyone went for the assessment test already? can share what is the format like?

Carineng123 21-06-2019 07:49 PM

Hi anyone receive any company interview invitation? Seems like there are lesser ppl who applied for full stack, as compared to data analytics

skygeek 21-06-2019 11:37 PM

Hi, I am still waiting for news of interview also

frozened 26-06-2019 02:55 AM

i checked the status my application changed to under evaluation. :s22:
so far no news also.

asxnkmb9 26-06-2019 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frozened (Post 121453167)
i checked the status my application changed to under evaluation. :s22:
so far no news also.

How you check.. Where is the website

dangerousgaming 27-06-2019 03:45 PM

Iím interested in this also but the outline from nus iss is c# for 2 weeks which really puzzles me. I thought js is enough for both front end (react/angular/vue) and backend (node js?)

pumpdump 27-06-2019 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangerousgaming (Post 121474804)
Iím interested in this also but the outline from nus iss is c# for 2 weeks which really puzzles me. I thought js is enough for both front end (react/angular/vue) and backend (node js?)

Not sure why it should be puzzling as C# is a common server-side programming language in the industry..

davidktw 28-06-2019 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangerousgaming (Post 121474804)

Enough? I would say just using your hand is enough for a lot of things, but that didnít stop knife, spoon, chopsticks, fork, and alot more cutleries from being developed.

You still have Java, C/C++, shell scripts, Perl, Python, R, Groovy, Kotlin, Swift, and more languages at your disposal :)

dangerousgaming 28-06-2019 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidktw (Post 121483198)
Enough? I would say just using your hand is enough for a lot of things, but that didnít stop knife, spoon, chopsticks, fork, and alot more cutleries from being developed.

You still have Java, C/C++, shell scripts, Perl, Python, R, Groovy, Kotlin, Swift, and more languages at your disposal :)

Ya but you canít be a master in so many languages. Only beginners fall for the trap of learning so many languages but their knowledge of it is often shallow. I have hardly enough time working and practicing 1 language let alone all those you mentioned.

dangerousgaming 28-06-2019 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpdump (Post 121478613)
Not sure why it should be puzzling as C# is a common server-side programming language in the industry..

Is it? I thought it is used mainly for game dev like in unity.

davidktw 28-06-2019 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangerousgaming (Post 121483822)
Ya but you canít be a master in so many languages. Only beginners fall for the trap of learning so many languages but their knowledge of it is often shallow. I have hardly enough time working and practicing 1 language let alone all those you mentioned.

No one ask you to be the master of everything. Beginners? :) Well that is you alone. I have been welding Java, Perl, Javascript, Shell scripts, Groovy for years in my work. All languages have their nuances, at the end of the day, they boils down to very big pieces of same concepts that are written in different syntaxes and semantics. You donít have to know everything to be extremely versatile and creative in them. Even the one language Java has evolved so much across the versions.

If you think using one language alone will make you a full stack, think again. Even if you master all the languages, you are still not full stack. :)

Suppose after you have master Javascript, does it means you donít need to know XML? You think it is just a markup language? Have you consider things related to XML, like XSLT, XPath, XML security? You think everything is communicated using JSON?

When you consider all these technologies standing between you as a tech master and a noob, what is so big deal about knowing 5-10 languages with intermediate to advance proficiency. We havenít even talk about HTTP, HTML, CSS, Websocket, WebRTC, Ajax, Webaudio, and many more that falls under the entire web technologies umbrella. :)

davidktw 28-06-2019 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangerousgaming (Post 121483856)
Is it? I thought it is used mainly for game dev like in unity.

Can tell u r green by just saying that. Various enterprise Web applications are developed in C# under the .NET suite of M$ technologies.

skygeek 28-06-2019 10:59 AM

Actually Full Stack is just a term only, come down to end of day is using the technology stack applicable to develop what is required. @dangerousgaming, don't feel bad if you cannot master everything

dangerousgaming 28-06-2019 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidktw (Post 121484209)
No one ask you to be the master of everything. Beginners? :) Well that is you alone. I have been welding Java, Perl, Javascript, Shell scripts, Groovy for years in my work. All languages have their nuances, at the end of the day, they boils down to very big pieces of same concepts that are written in different syntaxes and semantics. You donít have to know everything to be extremely versatile and creative in them. Even the one language Java has evolved so much across the versions.

If you think using one language alone will make you a full stack, think again. Even if you master all the languages, you are still not full stack. :)

Suppose after you have master Javascript, does it means you donít need to know XML? You think it is just a markup language? Have you consider things related to XML, like XSLT, XPath, XML security? You think everything is communicated using JSON?

When you consider all these technologies standing between you as a tech master and a noob, what is so big deal about knowing 5-10 languages with intermediate to advance proficiency. We havenít even talk about HTTP, HTML, CSS, Websocket, WebRTC, Ajax, Webaudio, and many more that falls under the entire web technologies umbrella. :)

Ok lah you very pro la ok I think you are better than me already. Only bodo like me try so long also canít master 1 language.