HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

TFIP IBF Full Stack Development

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-05-2019, 01:15 PM   #1

TFIP IBF Full Stack Development

Hi,
Did anyone got invitation email for assessment or anything regarding the invitation after you applied for Technology in Finance Immersion Program - Full Stack Development?
MadMaxChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 07:08 PM   #2

Anyone went for the assessment test already? can share what is the format like?
bluestone27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2019, 07:49 PM   #3

Hi anyone receive any company interview invitation? Seems like there are lesser ppl who applied for full stack, as compared to data analytics
Carineng123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2019, 11:37 PM   #4

Hi, I am still waiting for news of interview also
skygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2019, 02:55 AM   #5

i checked the status my application changed to under evaluation.
so far no news also.
frozened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2019, 09:04 PM   #6

i checked the status my application changed to under evaluation.
so far no news also.
How you check.. Where is the website
asxnkmb9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 03:45 PM   #7

Iím interested in this also but the outline from nus iss is c# for 2 weeks which really puzzles me. I thought js is enough for both front end (react/angular/vue) and backend (node js?)
dangerousgaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 08:29 PM   #8

Iím interested in this also but the outline from nus iss is c# for 2 weeks which really puzzles me. I thought js is enough for both front end (react/angular/vue) and backend (node js?)
Not sure why it should be puzzling as C# is a common server-side programming language in the industry..
pumpdump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2019, 07:27 AM   #9
Arch-Supremacy Member

Enough? I would say just using your hand is enough for a lot of things, but that didnít stop knife, spoon, chopsticks, fork, and alot more cutleries from being developed.

You still have Java, C/C++, shell scripts, Perl, Python, R, Groovy, Kotlin, Swift, and more languages at your disposal
davidktw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2019, 08:38 AM   #10

Enough? I would say just using your hand is enough for a lot of things, but that didnít stop knife, spoon, chopsticks, fork, and alot more cutleries from being developed.

You still have Java, C/C++, shell scripts, Perl, Python, R, Groovy, Kotlin, Swift, and more languages at your disposal
Ya but you canít be a master in so many languages. Only beginners fall for the trap of learning so many languages but their knowledge of it is often shallow. I have hardly enough time working and practicing 1 language let alone all those you mentioned.
Old 28-06-2019, 08:43 AM   #11

Not sure why it should be puzzling as C# is a common server-side programming language in the industry..
Is it? I thought it is used mainly for game dev like in unity.
Old 28-06-2019, 09:13 AM   #12
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ya but you canít be a master in so many languages. Only beginners fall for the trap of learning so many languages but their knowledge of it is often shallow. I have hardly enough time working and practicing 1 language let alone all those you mentioned.
No one ask you to be the master of everything. Beginners? Well that is you alone. I have been welding Java, Perl, Javascript, Shell scripts, Groovy for years in my work. All languages have their nuances, at the end of the day, they boils down to very big pieces of same concepts that are written in different syntaxes and semantics. You donít have to know everything to be extremely versatile and creative in them. Even the one language Java has evolved so much across the versions.

If you think using one language alone will make you a full stack, think again. Even if you master all the languages, you are still not full stack.

Suppose after you have master Javascript, does it means you donít need to know XML? You think it is just a markup language? Have you consider things related to XML, like XSLT, XPath, XML security? You think everything is communicated using JSON?

When you consider all these technologies standing between you as a tech master and a noob, what is so big deal about knowing 5-10 languages with intermediate to advance proficiency. We havenít even talk about HTTP, HTML, CSS, Websocket, WebRTC, Ajax, Webaudio, and many more that falls under the entire web technologies umbrella.

Last edited by davidktw; 28-06-2019 at 09:26 AM..
Old 28-06-2019, 09:15 AM   #13
Arch-Supremacy Member

Is it? I thought it is used mainly for game dev like in unity.
Can tell u r green by just saying that. Various enterprise Web applications are developed in C# under the .NET suite of M$ technologies.
Old 28-06-2019, 10:59 AM   #14

Actually Full Stack is just a term only, come down to end of day is using the technology stack applicable to develop what is required. @dangerousgaming, don't feel bad if you cannot master everything
skygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2019, 11:45 AM   #15

No one ask you to be the master of everything. Beginners? Well that is you alone. I have been welding Java, Perl, Javascript, Shell scripts, Groovy for years in my work. All languages have their nuances, at the end of the day, they boils down to very big pieces of same concepts that are written in different syntaxes and semantics. You donít have to know everything to be extremely versatile and creative in them. Even the one language Java has evolved so much across the versions.

If you think using one language alone will make you a full stack, think again. Even if you master all the languages, you are still not full stack.

Suppose after you have master Javascript, does it means you donít need to know XML? You think it is just a markup language? Have you consider things related to XML, like XSLT, XPath, XML security? You think everything is communicated using JSON?

When you consider all these technologies standing between you as a tech master and a noob, what is so big deal about knowing 5-10 languages with intermediate to advance proficiency. We havenít even talk about HTTP, HTML, CSS, Websocket, WebRTC, Ajax, Webaudio, and many more that falls under the entire web technologies umbrella.
Ok lah you very pro la ok I think you are better than me already. Only bodo like me try so long also canít master 1 language.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.