Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Tips on Juggling a Part-time Mastersí Program with Your Life

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-03-2019, 11:58 PM   #31

Itís will be an amazing expierience if you love what ur studying ! Trust me
Basketlamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 01:08 PM   #32

How are MBA classes like? How to prepare?

How are MBA classes like?
I have left university for a while and wanted to check how should you participate in MBA classes?

Just prepare some working experience examples and share with the class? I know that they will give you marks for participation in MBA classes.
subprimelive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 01:24 PM   #33

How are MBA classes like?
I have left university for a while and wanted to check how should you participate in MBA classes?

Just prepare some working experience examples and share with the class? I know that they will give you marks for participation in MBA classes.

It will depend on your program and subject.... which program are you in?
Old 26-06-2019, 09:32 PM   #34

managing

how do you manage everything? work life and study
xxyapxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2019, 10:52 PM   #35

how do you manage everything? work life and study

It really depends on yourself, your work, your program and subjects... If local MBA, you should be an exceptional candidate yourself and your classmates should be solid too... But sometimes local uni masters can have less than ideal candidates....

For example, I have seen some ex classmates who couldn't really cope with the assignments due to work commitments or weak command of language in the case of some foreigners... sometimes a postgraduate program accepts foreigners to boost the uni world ranking as well as filling up spaces (due to some sort of quota for diversity) ... You better pray that you are not doing projects with such classmates... if grouped with them, you may have to do more (or all) lor... generally after 1 sem, you will know who should you group together with for projects...

*Please note I am not saying all foreigners are less than ideal candidates as I also have seen some ex non-sg classmates who are superb i.e. smart and articulate

How to cope is an interesting question... Time management is individual thing... I have seen very capable ex classmates... despite their hectic work schedules (and family life), they are well prepared for assignments and exams... with solid A- or A average... your motivation is also important as you have to work towards a final degree (usually 4 sems at local uni)... it also depends on your company stance towards part time studies, mine was supportive cos I did take a daytime class previously... I did have ex classmates who took day time classes too...

Know your strengths and weaknesses and get friends who can complement you lor... but in part time courses, it is often that you have hi and bye classmates...
Old 16-08-2019, 12:56 PM   #36

Will be going for part time masters for economics, not sure what are the job prospects for it? Plus iíll Be doing distance learning cos part time studies
Titaniaoberon88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.