HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Learning PHP

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-09-2018, 12:55 PM   #1

Learning PHP

I have some experience in languages like Perl and Python, but I need to learn PHP (rather quickly). I'm having difficulty finding good starting material online.

Note: The w3schools is dissed to hell and back on reddit. Meanwhile, PHP The Right Way is a (good) resource but not a tutorial for PHP beginners.
unhinged_loon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 02:14 AM   #2
Supremacy Member

I have some experience in languages like Perl and Python, but I need to learn PHP (rather quickly). I'm having difficulty finding good starting material online.

Note: The w3schools is dissed to hell and back on reddit. Meanwhile, PHP The Right Way is a (good) resource but not a tutorial for PHP beginners.
What is stopping you from just getting started with a book? Electronic or dead tree edition?
davidktw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 11:57 PM   #3

Nothingg against books, but books tend to take quite a bit longer time to go through than (most) online tutorials.
unhinged_loon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2018, 12:02 AM   #4
Supremacy Member

Nothingg against books, but books tend to take quite a bit longer time to go through than (most) online tutorials.
You donít have to read every single page of the book if you already know the topic at hand, you can quickly skim thru the book. The book normally offers an incremental knowledge transfer from one chapter to another, less of those reference or cookbooks which is not written in this manner.

The choice is yours
davidktw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2018, 02:34 PM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

books are quite fundamental to me. i recall c++ guidebook that teaches me to write code using terminal vim. For php just wondering are you taking up the lamp stack?
jgyy1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 10:04 AM   #6

Hi unhinged_loon,

If you still require assistance with PHP, I can set you up with an industry professional who has over 10 years' experience.

Email to wesley.lim @ jumpstartcoding.com

Cheers!
Jumpstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.